Re: Williams Family Line

  • gina_v_isme
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 6, 2006
      I am sorry, I have just recently learned that My grandfathers
      original name was Joseph Eakins and back in the day your name could
      be change as easy as an employer writing down a different name. His
      original name was Joseph Eakins and when he went to work they wrote
      his name as Joseph E. Akins and he kept that name and his wife and
      children took that name. So if I look past my grandfather I have to
      look for the name Eakins. Sorry for the confusion. Gina

      --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, RON aKINS <akinsron@...>
      wrote:

      > The Akins family was in Cecil County, Maryland,in the in the early
      1700s. Part of the family moved to Morgan County,Georgia. Another
      part of the family moved to Cherokee County,Alabama.

      > gina_v_isme <vgvacala@...> wrote: My Name is Gina Williams-Vacala
      and my Williams family line started
      > here in 1923. I have some of my family buried in the Old Baptist
      > Cemetery. My Dad Elmer Leon Williams and His Parents ( William
      > Horace "Elmer" Williams and Susie Marie Ann Akins-Williams) His
      > Grandparents (Jasper Newt Williams and Unis "Unie" Ursula
      Chriswell-