Re: [jacksongenealogy] Williams Family Line

  • RON aKINS
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 5, 2006
      The Akins family was in Cecil County, Maryland,in the in the early 1700s. Part of the family moved to Morgan County,Georgia. Another part of the family moved to Cherokee County,Alabama.

      gina_v_isme <vgvacala@...> wrote: My Name is Gina Williams-Vacala and my Williams family line started
      here in 1923. I have some of my family buried in the Old Baptist
      Cemetery. My Dad Elmer Leon Williams and His Parents ( William
      Horace "Elmer" Williams and Susie Marie Ann Akins-Williams) His
      Grandparents (Jasper Newt Williams and Unis "Unie" Ursula Chriswell-
      Williams). I still have family living in Jackson County. I am always
      trying to learn new things about my family. Thank you for letting me
      be a part of this group. Gina ginavacala@...

    • gina_v_isme
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 6, 2006
        I am sorry, I have just recently learned that My grandfathers
        original name was Joseph Eakins and back in the day your name could
        be change as easy as an employer writing down a different name. His
        original name was Joseph Eakins and when he went to work they wrote
        his name as Joseph E. Akins and he kept that name and his wife and
        children took that name. So if I look past my grandfather I have to
        look for the name Eakins. Sorry for the confusion. Gina

        --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, RON aKINS <akinsron@...>