Re: Searching for Moss, Moore, and Cummings families

  • redhat2patsy
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 5, 2006
      Thanks Clay. I talked to The lady in charge of the relocation
      archives at TVA and she checked thoroughly and didn't find any Moore
      infants. She said there were a lot of infants in unmarked graves. I
      don't understand that because my Uncle Roy got a letter asking his
      permission to move them. I just mentioned the triplets because I
      thought it might have triggered someone's memory. I'll send more info
      later. Also, I will be going to Salt Lake to the Family History
      Center on August 12th for a week if there's something someone would
      like for me to look up so long as I don't have too long a list.
      Thanks, Patsy

      --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, clay gullatt
      <blackcloud27030@...> wrote:

      > Patsy
      >
      > I check the Guntersville Flooded Cemetery File and the Jackson Co.
      Mega Cemetery File and did not find them on either. Both files are at
      the Group Home Website under LINKS. You can search them using the Find
      feature under Edit.

      > Clay

    • Patricia Brown
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 17, 2006
        Sorry to be so long in answering. Thank you for responding. I'm not sure our lines are the same but I'll give you my line.

        Oddie Lee MOSS b 27 Oct 1913, Stevenson, Jackson, AL d 28 Aug 1995, Fredericksburg, VA, m 1 Apr 1933 ro Rosie Lucille MOORE, b 26 Jul 1914, Scottsboro, Jackson, AL, d 10 Feb 2000 Fredericksburg, VA Both buried at Quantico Natl Cemetery (This is my father)

        Elbert Shiles MOSS, b 30 Aug 1892, Bridgeport, Jackson, AL, d 8 Feb 1950 Chattanooga, TN, m Amanda Eulala FARROW, b 22 Jan 1894, Bartow or Cartersville, GA, d 9 Feb 1978, children Oddie Lee, James Barnard (J.B.), Alma, and Farrow Kenneth (Jack) 2nd marriage 16 Feb 1935 to Tennie H. LETSON, b 13 Jul 1902, Jackson Co, AL, d 23 Aug 1991, Chattanooga, TN.

        James Washington MOSS, b 12 Jukl 1835 SC or GA, d 28 Dec 1915, Section, Jackson, AL, m Louisa KAY 20 Sep 1857 Franklin Co., GA, 12 children? 2nd m 17 Dec 1899 in GA, Lorania Alice BOATWRIGHT, b 26 May 1861, Elijay, Gilmer, GA, s 27 Sep 1936, Section, Jackson, AL, both buried at Harmony Cemetery. This is my grandmother.
        Children:
        Joseph, b 1878
        William, b 27 May 1881
        Christopher Columbus, b 8 Apr 1883
        Grovis, bb 18 Jul 1986
        Martha Maranda, b 4 May 1889
        Elbert Shiles, b 31 Aug 1892
        Robert, b. Jan 1894
        Talley
        James, b. Feb 1896
        Bessie, b 10 Oct 1901
        John, b 1903

        John MOSS, b 1800, Franklin Co., GA, or Edgefield, SC, d 1867? Carnesville, Franklin, GA, will dtd 22 Feb 1867, m Nancy Liles BOATWRIGHT on 16 Jul 1818
        children: Richard, William, Nancy, Elizabeth, Matilda, Mary A, John S., Mahela, Louisa, James W., Marth, Sarah, Clarkey, Patrick J., Westin, Orville

        John MOSS, b 1779, Edgefield, SC

        John MOSS, b. 1740, Goochland, VA, d 1810, Edgefield, SC, m 20 Nov 1761, Hanover, VA to Charity HUGHES, b 1735/1735, Hanover Co., VA, d 14 Feb 1808/1818, Lincoln Co., GA

        John MOSS, b 1707/1717, New Ken, VA, d 19 Dec 1784/1785, Goochland, VA, m 1730/1732, VA to Elizabeth MASSIE, b 5 Nov 1709, St. Peters Parish, New Kent, VA,d 1785, Goochland, VA

        The only John I'm absolutely sure of is John b 1800. I;m in the process of verifying the others. Hope this helps and triggers someone else's line. Thanks for responding and thanks Clay for all you do. Patsy

        alabamdeb4ever@... wrote:
        Hi,

        I am a direct descendent of Gilbert Moss Sr. born 1732 in Poss, Inverness,
        Black Isle,Scotland, died on 8 July 1822 in York County, SC. Many of my line
        of Moss's set up homes in GA. Primarily the Gilmer County area. Have you
        checked those census's? I do have a John with a son James but the death date
        and location of James differs from yours although the birth date is within the
        same year.

        Deborah Collard