Williams Family

  • sdbohannon
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 4, 2006
      Hi, My name is Sonya Bradford Bohannon,I am searching for information
      on the Williams family, My Great grandfather is Jasper Newton "Nute"
      Williams, My Grandfather Is George Albert Williams, Married Lillie
      Guinn. My Williams Family moved to Fackler, Jackson County Alabama
      Around 1924, Would love to share info with anyone associated with this
      line. Thank you.
      Sonya
      sdbohannon@...
    • purplecraze40
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 21, 2007
        My GrGrGrandfather was William John Williams he married Nancy Caroline
        Elkins they also lived in Fackler.My Grgrandmother was Katie Frances
        Williams she married Jesse Holcomb. That is about as far as I have
        made it so far. Is there a connection? thanks, Regina

        --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "sdbohannon" <sdbohannon@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi, My name is Sonya Bradford Bohannon,I am searching for
        information
        > on the Williams family, My Great grandfather is Jasper Newton "Nute"
        > Williams, My Grandfather Is George Albert Williams, Married Lillie
        > Guinn. My Williams Family moved to Fackler, Jackson County Alabama
        > Around 1924, Would love to share info with anyone associated with
        this
        > line. Thank you.
        > Sonya
        > sdbohannon@...

      • Sonya Bohannon
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 21, 2007
          Regina, Do you have birthdates, marriage dates, or death dates, I have about 10 generations of williams, There is a jesse Holcomb married to a Euna Lee acker, they married in 1952, this was her 2nd marriage, possibly his 2nd also. we have several william williams, and several John Williams, some of these are the names we were given that, that individual went by, some never knew their full names, if you could give me more info, I will see if I have anything to help you, I know it can get crazy, but I will do my best, good luck, Sonya

          purplecraze40 <purplecraze38@...> wrote: My GrGrGrandfather was William John Williams he married Nancy Caroline

          wrote:

          > Hi, My name is Sonya Bradford Bohannon,I am searching for
          information
          > on the Williams family, My Great grandfather is Jasper Newton "Nute"
          > Williams, My Grandfather Is George Albert Williams, Married Lillie
          > Guinn. My Williams Family moved to Fackler, Jackson County Alabama
          > Around 1924, Would love to share info with anyone associated with
          this
          > line. Thank you.
          > Sonya
          > sdbohannon@...

        • George Dunn
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 22, 2007
            Sonya,
            While I am not researching a "Williams" family, one Williams does
            play a key role in identifying my GGrandMother.
            My GGrandMother was married to an I. T. Williams in Jackson County,
            Alabama. They had one son, John L. Williams
            born in September 1887. The reason this information is so critical, is
            that it may help me discover my GGrandMother's name. All
            I have is that my GGrandFather, William Henry Dunn, married a widow Mrs.
            I. T. Williams.
            Would you search your database and see if you have any information on
            these folks? I would really appreciate it.

            Thanks for your time,

            George Dunn

          • purplecraze38@charter.net
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 23, 2007
              Sonya, The only thing I have is William John Williams b. 1853 d. 1924. He was born in Tennessee and died in Jackson County Alabama and is buried at Price or Lakeview Cemetery in Wannville or Hollywood. He married Nancy caroline Elkins b. 1860 d. 1941, she to was born in Tennessee. That is all I have, Thanks, Regina

              ---- George Dunn <gedunn@...> wrote:
              > Sonya,
              > While I am not researching a "Williams" family, one Williams does
              > play a key role in identifying my GGrandMother.
              > My GGrandMother was married to an I. T. Williams in Jackson County,
              > Alabama. They had one son, John L. Williams
              > born in September 1887. The reason this information is so critical, is
              > that it may help me discover my GGrandMother's name. All
              > I have is that my GGrandFather, William Henry Dunn, married a widow Mrs.
              > I. T. Williams.
              > Would you search your database and see if you have any information on
              > these folks? I would really appreciate it.
              >
              > Thanks for your time,
              >
              > George Dunn
              >
              > Sonya Bohannon wrote:
              >
              > >Regina, Do you have birthdates, marriage dates, or death dates, I have about 10 generations of williams, There is a jesse Holcomb married to a Euna Lee acker, they married in 1952, this was her 2nd marriage, possibly his 2nd also. we have several william williams, and several John Williams, some of these are the names we were given that, that individual went by, some never knew their full names, if you could give me more info, I will see if I have anything to help you, I know it can get crazy, but I will do my best, good luck, Sonya
              > >
              > >purplecraze40 <purplecraze38@...> wrote: My GrGrGrandfather was William John Williams he married Nancy Caroline
              > >Elkins they also lived in Fackler.My Grgrandmother was Katie Frances
              > >Williams she married Jesse Holcomb. That is about as far as I have
              > >made it so far. Is there a connection? thanks, Regina
              > >
              > >--- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "sdbohannon" <sdbohannon@...>
              > >wrote:
              > >

              > >>Hi, My name is Sonya Bradford Bohannon,I am searching for
              > >>

              > >information
              > >

              > >>on the Williams family, My Great grandfather is Jasper Newton "Nute"
              > >>Williams, My Grandfather Is George Albert Williams, Married Lillie
              > >>Guinn. My Williams Family moved to Fackler, Jackson County Alabama
              > >>Around 1924, Would love to share info with anyone associated with
              > >>

              > >this
              > >

              > >>line. Thank you.
              > >>Sonya
              > >>sdbohannon@...

            • David Malbuff
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 14, 2011
                 Posted by: "Roger Burbank" burby9@...  :

                >Hello, can you tell me who this Nancy Vann belongs too? does she connect to Nancy >Vann daughter of Thomas Vann, who married George W. Williams.  Thanks Roger

                Roger, you and I have corresponded before. This is Nancy Vann from SC, daughter of Luke Vann, who married Josiah Stephens in the late 1700s.  I had no idea about the Williams family at all until I saw Martha's earlier post.

                Posted by: "Bbrock1945" bbrock1945@... :

                >Hello,
                >Do any of you know if any of the LARKINS went to Southeast Missouri?  Probably around >1840-50????

                Not aware of any myself. My Jackson county Larkin ancestors only moved as far as Scottsboro, and all but died out by the mid-1950s. The main body of the Larkin family was always settled in and around Franklin county, Tennesee, and it is possible that descendants of "Old Uncle Bill" Larkin or "Preacher" Henry Larkin went on to Missouri. Brother John Larkin moved to Texas in the 1850s, like many others.

                A large branch of the Larkin family, which hails from county Galway, Ireland, arrived in America in the 1840s or thereabouts and settled all over. As far as I know, my branch has no relation to that one. You can do a search on "Larkin of Galway" and find their website.

                Glory to God,

                David Malbuff
                Strasburg, Virginia

              • Bbrock1945
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 15, 2011
                  David,
                  Thank you for your reply regarding the LARKINS. My Thersa WILLIAMS BLACKWELL and her brother went to southeast Mo. and there were many LARKINS there, thought there might be a tie-in.

                  Brenda