Re: [jacksongenealogy] Williams Family Line

  • RON aKINS
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 4, 2006
      Hi, my surname is Akins,where did the Akins in your family come from? Also I have a link through the Townsend-Williams family in Morgan County,GA

      gina_v_isme <vgvacala@...> wrote: My Name is Gina Williams-Vacala and my Williams family line started
      here in 1923. I have some of my family buried in the Old Baptist
      Cemetery. My Dad Elmer Leon Williams and His Parents ( William
      Horace "Elmer" Williams and Susie Marie Ann Akins-Williams) His
      Grandparents (Jasper Newt Williams and Unis "Unie" Ursula Chriswell-
      Williams). I still have family living in Jackson County. I am always
      trying to learn new things about my family. Thank you for letting me
      be a part of this group. Gina ginavacala@...

    • ladybugphil
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 4, 2006
        hi, i saw williams married a phillips and was wander if they were really
        married in to the family. in the 1800
        thanks for responding that was so nice of you
        pamela phillips

        PeoplePC Online
        A better way to Internet
        http://www.peoplepc.com
      • gina_v_isme
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 4, 2006
          --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, RON aKINS <akinsron@...>
          wrote:

          HEllo, I sent you a email, but thought I would reply her also. My
          Akins came out of Jackson County Alabama. That is where my grandma
          Susie Marie Ann Akins-Williams was born. Then Some of them moved to
          GA. Let me know where your Akins came from. Thank you, Gina

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 6, 2006
              I am sorry, I have just recently learned that My grandfathers
              original name was Joseph Eakins and back in the day your name could
              be change as easy as an employer writing down a different name. His
              original name was Joseph Eakins and when he went to work they wrote
              his name as Joseph E. Akins and he kept that name and his wife and
              children took that name. So if I look past my grandfather I have to
              look for the name Eakins. Sorry for the confusion. Gina