Re: [jacksongenealogy] Surnames

  • StvChance@aol.com
    Message 1 of 24 , Nov 7, 2000
      Phoebe,

      My mother was a Hughes from Jackson County. Her father was Jesse Hughes and
      live in Bridgeport. His father was Robert Luther Hughes, lived in Anderson,
      Tennessee, a little ways across the TN/AL State line. According to census
      records, Robert was born somewhere in Kentucky. Do you see a possibly
      connection?

      Steve Chance
      Anaheim Hills, CA
      StvChance@...
    • Jpete75910@aol.com
      Message 2 of 24 , Nov 8, 2000
        Phoebe:
        What was the name of the Clemens that your Grandmother married?
      • Phebelyn@aol.com
        Message 3 of 24 , Nov 8, 2000
          In a message dated 11/08/2000 10:27:41 PM Eastern Standard Time,
          Jpete75910@... writes:

          << Phoebe:
          What was the name of the Clemens that your Grandmother married?

          It wasn't my Grandmother. It was my Grandmother's first cousin who married
          Ray Clemens. My Mother said he was from Louisiana. But they lived in
          Jackson Co., AL. His widow still lives there. She lives in Dutton, Alabama.
          Phoebe
        • bbrock1945@aol.com
          Message 4 of 24 , Feb 11, 2006
            Hello,
            Still searching for a MATHERSEY (Therza/Thersey) born 1820 AL. She married
            Peter BLACKWELL.

            I believe she may have been the sister of a JOHN WILLIAMS and their mother
            a CHRISTINA WILLIAMS b. 1793 in KY, who was on the 1850 Federal Census record
            for Jackson County, District 21, Alabama.

            "Chistena, age 57 with Bethany 21, Hesira 16, Sally 14, Thomas 12 and Nancy
            20, (living in household # 444.)

            If anyone has any information on these people I would greatly appreciate
            hearing from you.

            Thank you,
            Brenda