Re: [jacksongenealogy] GULLATT

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 26, 2006
      Hi Phyllis

      I have not seen what they have posted but I posted the Petition for the Settlement of William Gullatt's Estate on both the Gullatt and Airhart rootsweb message boards back in Oct 2002. Until then they didn't know that Gullatt was the correct spelling of Nancy (Gullatt) Airhart's last name and didn't know that we were kin. I originally got the petition from one of Laura Elizabeth Gullatt's descendants. Laura Elizabeth Gullatt was daughter of Mrs Mary Clementine (Robertson) Womack and Peter H. Gullatt. Clementine went on to marry Silas P. Tubbs, Margaret Gullatt's widower. He later married Mrs. Bettie (Dickinson) Southerland.

      Also mentioned are heirs of Julia Ann Boon (m. Israel Boone) another Gullatt sister, where abouts unknown (they were in MO). Have a bunch on them.

      John and James Thompson living in MS are also in it, they were the sons of Eliza (Gullatt) and Drewry Thompson. Have never found anything else on them other than with Eliza and Drewy on the census.

      Nancy on the 1850 census said she was 53 giving her a birth date between 1 Jun 1796 and 31 May 1797 VA with the odds favoring 1796 so I would say that John and Catherine married in 1795.

      Peter and Nancy had 5 sons and probably 1 daughter (name unknown), sons, Henry b.1823 Rhea Co. TN, John A. b. 1825 McMinn Co. TN, Onslow M. b. 1834 Rhea Co. TN, Mose C. 1837 Rhea Co. TN, James T. b. 1840 Bradley Co. TN. Nancy died 12 Jul 1851 Bradley Co. TN. Peter remarried 1853 to Emaline Lee and had 6 other children. Three of Nancy's son fought for the South and 2 for the North.

      Jim Airhart sent me the settlement of Onslow M. Airhart's estate in TX which names all his living brother/sisters and steps. Two of the John A. Airhart's children, William Gullatt Airhart 1860 and George B. 1869 were born at Bellefonte Station, JC AL, probably at William Gullatt's place or maybe the first one at Catherine's.

      I do know that one of Lucinda (Gullatt) and Samuel Thompson's sons Fowler/Farley Thompson m. Jane Morgan. They had two daughters Elizabeth and Mary. Elizabeth Thompson m. John Gullatt son of Mrs. Elizabeth (Browning) Campbell and Thomas J. Gullatt Sr. One of their descendants Charles Gullatt lives in Madison County. I haven't no idea who Jane Morgan's parents were, perhaps some kin of the Gullatts or Thompsons as Jane 19 and her brother John 10 are living with Lucindy and Farley Thompson on the 1870 census. Jane and Farley are both dead by 1880 and Elizabeth and Mary Thompson and John Morgan are living with Lucinda on the 1880. After Lucinda died ca 1884/1888 the girls went to live with Thomas J. Sr in the County Poor House he ran.

      Another thing I have found while researching for the Sharps (Mary Emma Gullatt m. William Sharp) was Thomas J. Sr apparently had two sons named Charles. Charles #1 b. 1865 (Elizabeth Browing Campbell's son) must have died in early 1880s, Charles #2 b. 1888 (Rachel Watson's son). Charles #2 is on the 1900 Census living with James Preston Gullatt and listed as Brother age 10. Charles #2 is the one who married Bellzora West in 1931, they had no children. He is also on the 1910/20/30 census.

      Mary Emma (Gullatt) Sharp was daughter of Thomas J. Jr.b. 1851/52 and A.E. (Unknown b.TX) Gullatt. It was this Thomas J. Jr who married Mary Ann Kitchens. I am going to forward the message I sent to the Sharp descendant, she lives in Madison Co. and her sister in Jackson Co.

      While I am on T.J. kids, William b. 1847 son of T.J. and Martha Elizabeth (Clark) Gullatt Sr married Susan Gunn in MS. They moved to KS by 1880 probably why Thomas J. Jr went there, his and A.E.'s son was born in KS. William and Susan had three children Thomas Jefferson b. 1869/70 MS, Lucy 1871 MS, Anna 1873 MS, 1 Unknown. On the 1900 census only Anna is listed with William and Susan. Susan said 4 children 1 living. On the 1920 William is living with Anna 46 and son-in-law Lee M. Beasden/Bensden? 50, Garden, Cherokee Co. KS. No children were listed, so this branch looks like it came to a dead end.

      Ask a simple question and I go on forever. Got to get this off the thunderstorms are starting.