Re: [jacksongenealogy] Surnames: MORGAN, PADGETT, WEBB, SNODGRASS

  • Charles McCutchen
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 25, 2000
      Anne,
      I wish I could help you out more but I know every
      little bit helps. There are a number of Snodgrass
      Families in Jackson Country. To illistrate my point,
      I have about five core Jackson County lines and the
      Snodgrass family married ino those lines 8 or nine
      times. I do have a J.D. Snodgrass m. an Elizabeth
      Blakemore, she was born in 1892. Could be a son of
      yours?

      Some Webbs also married into part of the family that
      migrated into Texas. Families follows strikingly
      similar migration routes so these Webbs could have
      come from Alabama as well.

      I do know a female <Unknow> Webb married Albert H.
      Cotton in Larkinsville, Jackson County, AL.

      I wish I could tell you more, if I was blood kin to
      the fmailies I probably would have already researched
      them, but they married into obsure lines. The closest
      to me is my uncle married a Mary Snodgrass in Jackson
      County, Al.

      I can tell you this, that a large part of the
      Snodgrass family seems to be around Larkinville. They
      married into those lines that lived in Larkinsville.
      The Larkins, the Cottons, The McCutchens.

      One place I would tell you to look is Blue Springs
      Cemetery. Thats where a lot of these Larkinsville
      families are buried.

      It is online at the Jackson County Site. Good luck
      and let me know how it pans out.

      Charlie.

      http://im.yahoo.com/