John W Jones and Mary Southerland Jones

  • colavessen
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 19, 2006
      My GGG grandfather, John W. Jones and his wife Mary Southerland moved
      to Jackson County sometime around 1821. John was born in 1785 in VA and
      Mary in 1789 in NC. When they moved to Jackson they already had several
      children all born in NC. Then they had several more in Jackson County-
      Sometime after the 1850 census they left Alabama and settled in
      Cherokee County TX where John died in about 1855 and Mary in 1864. I am
      trying to find out where they came from in North Carolina when they
      moved to Alabama around 1821.John is listed on the 1830,1840,and 1850
      census in Jackson. They are at T6R ?? District 20- I was unable to read
      the complete address. Please if anyone can give me info on them- or on
      where most people who came to Jackson County about 1821 or so came from
      in North Carolina. As you can tell- I'm searching for a needle in a
      haystack- because I'm determined to find out what part of VA and NC
      they were both born and raised in. Thank you very much- Carol Olavessen