Re: [jacksongenealogy] John W. Jones and Mary Southerland Jones

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 19, 2006
      Carol

      I look for a marriage or marriage bond for them in AL, NC, VA and TN, found nothing. If they were married in TN many of their county marriage records are not indexed.

      There is a Jones researcher Johanna Jones Thompson email jethompson63@... who has a family tree posted for them but does not indicated where they married. She has them moving to Cherokee Co. TX where they both died, John in 1857 and Mary in 1864. She indicates they were in TN at one time.

      Many people did migrate down through TN into AL.