Re: [jacksongenealogy] HOUSTON S. DAVIS

  • m d
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 16 5:43 AM
      Hi, the school was suppose to be an elementary school in Bridgeport and I had two more uncles out of that family and I know that at least one was born in Bridgeport. His name is Edward Davis and the other one William Sanders Davis not sure where he was born.Also there might have been another girl born some where and died when she was about 2. My dad had always said that I was name for her and her name was Mary Ellen. thanks for any information.

      clay gullatt <blackcloud27030@...> wrote: AL Death Index
      Florence S. Davis d. 2 Jul 1909 Jackson Co. Vol 7 Cert 546 Roll 1
      Her death certificate should show cause of death.
      Could find no entry for your Houston S. Davis in AL

      1900 Stevenson JC AL
      Hueston Davis Mar 1868 32 mar.8yrs AL TN AL R.R. Brakeman
      Lorance A. Wife Aug 1881 28 mar.8yrs no children AL TN TN
      (This is Florance they just left the F off)

      1920 Stevenson Town, JC AL
      Houston S. Davis Head 61 Mar. AL TN AL Carpenter House
      Grace Wife 28 Mar. AL TN AL
      John B. Son 3 yrs 4 mons. AL AL AL
      Houston S. Jr. Son 6yrs 8mons AL AL AL
      Annie G. Dau 6mons AL AL AL
      Mary J. Linch Mother in Law 63 Wd AL AL AL

      Since Houston S. Davis was a carpenter the story that he died falling from a roof is probably correct. Your best bet on finding out would be old newspaper accounts of the accident.

      I could not find Grace and the children on the 1930.