Searching the HALL's

  • debphillips161
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 15, 2006
      I am listing the following information on my HALL line in the hopes of
      finding a descendent(s) or learning something about these HALL'S,
      hopefully prior to what is listed below or stories about them while
      they were alive. Any help would be appreciated.

      Major W. HALL (not a military rank; his first name) married Marina Ann
      PROVINCE on May 30, 1837 in Madison Co., AL. Marina is the daughter of
      Thomas V. and Sarah PROVINCE. They are living in Madison Co., AL on
      the 1850 Census. They are in Jackson Co., AL by the 1860 Census.

      1860 Census Township 4, Range 5 East, Jackson County, Alabama
      Hall, MW, 46, farmer, TN
      Marina, 36, AL
      John, 15, farm laborer, AL
      Ann Eliza, 8, AL
      Benton, 5, AL (name Major Benton)
      Lilla, 3, AL (also Lilley Bea)
      (They have a son named Samuel HALL b. 1839 that is on the 1850 Census
      in Madison Co, AL but does not appear on the 1860 Census with them).

      By the 1870 Census Major W is no longer listed:
      Subdivision 3, Jackson County, Alabama
      HALL, Marina A, keeping house, 46, AL
      Sarah J, at home, 25, AL
      Ann E, 18, at home, AL
      Major B, 16, field hand, AL
      Lilly B, 12, at home, AL

      Major and Marina (PROVINCE) HALL children married:
      *Ann E. HALL married Cal D. STONER and Marina is living with them:
      1880 Jackson Co., AL Census:
      STONER, Cal D. 33
      Ann E. 26
      Ella M 6
      Bessie 3
      Hall, Marina 56 (wife�s mother)
      Sallie (Sarah) 36 wife�s sister
      (Unknown at this time if Sarah (Sallie) ever married)

      *Major Benton HALL married Martha KIRK:
      1880 census Jackson Co., Alabama
      HALL, Benton, head, 26, farmer AL TN AL
      Martha, wife, 18, keeping house AL AL AL
      Wann, son, 2, AL AL AL (uncertain as to name /possibly Vann-see below)
      Levi, son, 1 AL AL AL
      Stephens, Mary, 13, boarder. AL AL AL
      -- nearby --
      HALL, William H, 25, farmer, AL TN AL
      Margaret, 23, keeping house, AL GA GA
      Martha E, dau, 4, AL AL AL
      George W, son, 1, AL AL AL

      1900 census Paint Rock, Jackson, Alabama
      HALL, Major B H, Head, July 1854, AL TN AL
      Martha, wife, Oct 1861, m 24 yrs, 9 of 11 children living, AL TN TN
      Lee, son, Oct 1879, AL AL AL, farm laborer
      Wilson, son, Oct 1881, AL AL AL, farm laborer
      May, dau, May 1884, AL AL AL
      Allie, dau, Mar 1886, AL AL AL
      Charlie, dau, Jan 1889, AL AL AL
      Mattie, dau, Mar 1891, AL AL AL
      Lexie, dau, Dec 1892, AL AL AL
      Virgie, dau, Oct 1898, AL AL AL

      1900 census Paint Rock, Jackson, Alabama
      HALL, Vann, head, Nov 1877, m 1 yrs, AL AL AL, farmer (age 21??)
      N ???ie, wife, July 1881, m 1 yrs, no children, AL AL AL

      *Lilley Bea HALL and William J. GRUBBS, (b. 1845 in Barbour Co., AL.)
      were married in Jackson Co., AL:
      W. J. GRUBBS
      Lilley B. HALL
      Jackson
      Justice of the Peace
      C. Evans
      Book C � P. 78

      Due to posting for the GRUBBS family message boards (and good ole�
      research) I do have good base for William (Bill�s) genealogy. And I
      have sketchy information on the GRUBBS from about 1890 forward and a
      picture of the family. However on a personal note, I do not know very
      much about him.

      Again, any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

      SURNAMES: HALL, GRUBBS, WEBSTER, SHAW
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 15, 2006
        Vann Hall's wife was Nannie on the 1900 Census

        William V. Hall m. Nannie J. Tribble 23 Feb 1899 by MOG A.J. Wann OS Page 101

        I could not find them on any other census after 1900.

      • Deb Phillips
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 17, 2006
          Thanks Clay! Having Nannie's maiden name could be a great lead and I need
          all the help I can get in tracing this family. I appreciate it. Deb