RE: [jacksongenealogy] Re: Hytop Cemetery

  • rgpipes@hughes.net
    Message 1 of 21 , Jun 13, 2006
      No

      _____

      From: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
      [mailto:jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
      Btweety98412376@...
      Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2006 1:15 PM
      To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [jacksongenealogy] Re: Hytop Cemetery

      Is Skyline Mountain and sand Mountain the same Mountain?

    • frances_lambert2000
      Message 2 of 21 , Jun 13, 2006
        Regina I will be going to Crow Mountain Orchard tomorrow I will try
        to go on to hytop cemetery and see with gold's are buried there.
        Some of the other names I remember being there were
        Davis,Sanders,Cornelison,Baugh. This is a large well keep cemetery.

      • rgpipes@hughes.net
        Message 3 of 21 , Jun 13, 2006
          Thank you so much. I would love directions to the cemetery also.

          What is in season at the Orchard. I've been there once and would love to go
          again BUT don't remember how to get their.

          I see your last name is LAMBERT. My grandfather Joseph GRIDER/GUIDER/GRYDER
          married a Harriett LAMBERT in Loudon County, Tennessee. They had one son
          Sherman GRYDER.

          Thanks
          Regina

          _____

          Regina I will be going to Crow Mountain Orchard tomorrow I will try
          to go on to hytop cemetery and see with gold's are buried there.
          Some of the other names I remember being there were
          Davis,Sanders,Cornelison,Baugh. This is a large well keep cemetery.

          --- In jacksongenealogy@ <mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com>
          yahoogroups.com, <rgpipes@...> wrote:

          > Thanks. I knew that a lot of Jackson County Cemeteries had been
          recorded
          > and put on line.
          > Thanks
          > Regina
          >
          > _____
          >
          > From: jacksongenealogy@ <mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com>
          yahoogroups.com

        • frances_lambert2000
          Message 4 of 21 , Jun 13, 2006
            To get to Hytop cemetery take HWY 79 turn right on county road 249
            then right on county road 13 is at end of road.The only thing that is
            ripe at the orchard now is peaches. To get to the orchard from HWY 79
            take county road 33 then turn on county road 39 at Nila churchthe
            orchard is behind Austell cemetery. I go up county road at Carnes
            most times.
            My husband is a Lambert his family came from Cherokee NC
            My maiden name is Johnson. Some of my family names are Johnson ,Coots
            Hawkins, Ballard, Clements, Sanders, Letson, Shelton, Manning,
            Gene Sanders Buried in the Gold cemetery is my greatuncle.

          • m d
            Message 5 of 21 , Jun 13, 2006
              Hi my name is Mary Frederick (Davis) I just noticed that you said there were some davis buried in this cemetery. Would you happen to remember the names. My grandfather is Houston S.Davis and no one knows where he is buried at. Thanks for any information that you might have.

              frances_lambert2000 <frances_lambert2000@...> wrote: Regina I will be going to Crow Mountain Orchard tomorrow I will try

              Message 6 of 21 , Jun 13, 2006
                Harriett LAMBERTS family came from NC also. I can't think of her fathers
                (John?) name but her mother was Polly.

                I also have SANDERS, SHELTON and MANNING. My GOLD family married into
                several of these lines.
                Thanks
                Regina

                _____

              • RKi4222422@aol.com
                Message 7 of 21 , Jun 14, 2006
                  Another cemetery is the Gifford cemetery that is north of Hytop. My great
                  great grandparents are buried there. Gideon and Lucinda Gifford. Glad to hear of
                  other things about Hytop.

                • jackie morgan
                  Message 8 of 21 , Jun 14, 2006
                    Would anyone recognize the name Susan DENMAN BRYAN as being buried in their family cemetery. I think the family lived in the vicinity of the Dekalb County line but lived in Jackson County. She died in July or August, 1869. Her husband was James R. BRYAN(T).

                    I've been looking for her for years. Found her on the 1870 U. S. Mortality Census.

                    Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

                    Message 9 of 21 , Jun 14, 2006
                      I'm back from Hytop Cemetery Benjamin Franklin Gold PVT US Army B:
                      Aug 9 1898 D: Aug 3 He is the only Gold that I found there.
                      Here Are some other names that we copied down.
                      Wilson Davis B: apr 30 1912 D: feb 9 1982
                      Eva Davis B: Apr 21 1907 D: sep 2 1976 M; Jun 10 1933

                      William henry Davis B: aug 15 1969 D: aug 23 1970

                      Norma E. Davis B: mar 10 1946 no death date
                      W. orville Davis B: MAr 10 1935 D: JUl 4 1970

                      Tena L. Howe B: feb 17 1974 D: oct 4 1989 Tena'S mother's maiden is
                      Davis. I know her and Knew Tena.

                      Edith Inez Sanders B: feb 14 1951 D: dec 14 1954

                      Luther A. Sanders B:apr 2 1917 D:sep 5 1985
                      Ethel B. Sanders B: Jan 18 1922 D: oct 26 1996

                      Janey Sanders Baugh 1883-1918

                      Hope this helps someone.

                      --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, <rgpipes@...> wrote:

                      > Does anyone know where Hytop Cemetery in Scottsboro is? I see that
                      Benjamin
                      > Franklin GOLD is buried there and I don't think I have ever heard
                      of it. I
                      > think this is the son of Benjamin F. GOLD that was the son of Peter
                      H. GOLD.
                      > This Benjamin GOLD served in the Army and was born 1898 and died
                      1972.

                      > Thanks for any help.
                      > Regina

                    • frances_lambert2000
                      Message 10 of 21 , Jun 14, 2006
                        Is this cemetery in Al. or TN.? It not on my Jackson county map.

                      • RKi4222422@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 21 , Jun 14, 2006
                          The Gifford cemetery is north of Hytop in AL and about five miles south of
                          the TN line off hwy 79. There is a sign on hwy 79. There are two markers in the
                          cemetery for Gideon and Lucinda but there may be a third unmarked grave.
                          Gideon was killed by his son William who swallowed strychnine when the posse
                          caught up with him.

                        • venerable_bede
                          Message 12 of 21 , Mar 12, 2009
                            --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, <rgpipes@...> wrote:

                            > Does anyone know where Hytop Cemetery in Scottsboro is? I see that Benjamin
                            > Franklin GOLD is buried there and I don't think I have ever heard of it. I
                            > think this is the son of Benjamin F. GOLD that was the son of Peter H. GOLD.
                            > This Benjamin GOLD served in the Army and was born 1898 and died 1972.
                            >
                            > Thanks for any help.
                            > Regina

                            You know, I randomly came across this old post and it intrigued me because I have a Benjamin Gold born about that time in my family. My ggg-grandfather, Andrew Jackson White, had a daughter, Martha....Martha married a Gold, but I don't know the name. In the 1910 census, Martha is listed as a widower living with her mother, Susan J. White, and with two kids- Benjamin (11) and Eula (-1). I think when the 1920 census rolls around, she's remarried to a Fowler, if I remember correctly.

                            Anyway, it also is of interest because I apparently have quite a few relatives buried in Hytop, including the Whites. While Hytop is on find-a-grave, not everyone is listed there.

                            Is this the same Benjamin Gold you were looking for?
                          • lmic2@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 21 , Mar 13, 2009
                              _Find A Grave: Hytop Cemetery_
                              (http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=cr&CRid=23620&CScn=hytop&CScntry=4&CSst=3&)