Re: [jacksongenealogy] Re: Hytop Cemetery

  • Btweety98412376@aol.com
    Message 1 of 21 , Jun 13, 2006
      Is Skyline Mountain and sand Mountain the same Mountain?

    • bruce selvage
      Message 2 of 21 , Jun 13, 2006
        Hytop and Sand mountain are not the same. They are on opposite sides of the Tenn river.
        Message 3 of 21 , Jun 13, 2006
          No

          _____

          Message 4 of 21 , Jun 13, 2006
            Regina I will be going to Crow Mountain Orchard tomorrow I will try
            to go on to hytop cemetery and see with gold's are buried there.
            Some of the other names I remember being there were
            Davis,Sanders,Cornelison,Baugh. This is a large well keep cemetery.

          • rgpipes@hughes.net
            Message 5 of 21 , Jun 13, 2006
              Thank you so much. I would love directions to the cemetery also.

              What is in season at the Orchard. I've been there once and would love to go
              again BUT don't remember how to get their.

              I see your last name is LAMBERT. My grandfather Joseph GRIDER/GUIDER/GRYDER
              married a Harriett LAMBERT in Loudon County, Tennessee. They had one son
              Sherman GRYDER.

              Thanks
              Regina

              _____

              Regina I will be going to Crow Mountain Orchard tomorrow I will try
              to go on to hytop cemetery and see with gold's are buried there.
              Some of the other names I remember being there were
              Davis,Sanders,Cornelison,Baugh. This is a large well keep cemetery.

              --- In jacksongenealogy@ <mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com>
              yahoogroups.com, <rgpipes@...> wrote:

              > Thanks. I knew that a lot of Jackson County Cemeteries had been
              recorded
              > and put on line.
              > Thanks
              > Regina
              >
              > _____
              >
              > From: jacksongenealogy@ <mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com>
              yahoogroups.com

            • frances_lambert2000
              Message 6 of 21 , Jun 13, 2006
                To get to Hytop cemetery take HWY 79 turn right on county road 249
                then right on county road 13 is at end of road.The only thing that is
                ripe at the orchard now is peaches. To get to the orchard from HWY 79
                take county road 33 then turn on county road 39 at Nila churchthe
                orchard is behind Austell cemetery. I go up county road at Carnes
                most times.
                My husband is a Lambert his family came from Cherokee NC
                My maiden name is Johnson. Some of my family names are Johnson ,Coots
                Hawkins, Ballard, Clements, Sanders, Letson, Shelton, Manning,
                Gene Sanders Buried in the Gold cemetery is my greatuncle.

              • m d
                Message 7 of 21 , Jun 13, 2006
                  Hi my name is Mary Frederick (Davis) I just noticed that you said there were some davis buried in this cemetery. Would you happen to remember the names. My grandfather is Houston S.Davis and no one knows where he is buried at. Thanks for any information that you might have.

                  frances_lambert2000 <frances_lambert2000@...> wrote: Regina I will be going to Crow Mountain Orchard tomorrow I will try

                  Message 8 of 21 , Jun 13, 2006
                    Harriett LAMBERTS family came from NC also. I can't think of her fathers
                    (John?) name but her mother was Polly.

                    I also have SANDERS, SHELTON and MANNING. My GOLD family married into
                    several of these lines.
                    Thanks
                    Regina

                    _____

                  • RKi4222422@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 21 , Jun 14, 2006
                      Another cemetery is the Gifford cemetery that is north of Hytop. My great
                      great grandparents are buried there. Gideon and Lucinda Gifford. Glad to hear of
                      other things about Hytop.

                    • jackie morgan
                      Message 10 of 21 , Jun 14, 2006
                        Would anyone recognize the name Susan DENMAN BRYAN as being buried in their family cemetery. I think the family lived in the vicinity of the Dekalb County line but lived in Jackson County. She died in July or August, 1869. Her husband was James R. BRYAN(T).

                        I've been looking for her for years. Found her on the 1870 U. S. Mortality Census.

                        Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

                        Message 11 of 21 , Jun 14, 2006
                          I'm back from Hytop Cemetery Benjamin Franklin Gold PVT US Army B:
                          Aug 9 1898 D: Aug 3 He is the only Gold that I found there.
                          Here Are some other names that we copied down.
                          Wilson Davis B: apr 30 1912 D: feb 9 1982
                          Eva Davis B: Apr 21 1907 D: sep 2 1976 M; Jun 10 1933

                          William henry Davis B: aug 15 1969 D: aug 23 1970

                          Norma E. Davis B: mar 10 1946 no death date
                          W. orville Davis B: MAr 10 1935 D: JUl 4 1970

                          Tena L. Howe B: feb 17 1974 D: oct 4 1989 Tena'S mother's maiden is
                          Davis. I know her and Knew Tena.

                          Edith Inez Sanders B: feb 14 1951 D: dec 14 1954

                          Luther A. Sanders B:apr 2 1917 D:sep 5 1985
                          Ethel B. Sanders B: Jan 18 1922 D: oct 26 1996

                          Janey Sanders Baugh 1883-1918

                          Hope this helps someone.

                          --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, <rgpipes@...> wrote:

                          > Does anyone know where Hytop Cemetery in Scottsboro is? I see that
                          Benjamin
                          > Franklin GOLD is buried there and I don't think I have ever heard
                          of it. I
                          > think this is the son of Benjamin F. GOLD that was the son of Peter
                          H. GOLD.
                          > This Benjamin GOLD served in the Army and was born 1898 and died
                          1972.

                          > Thanks for any help.
                          > Regina

                        • frances_lambert2000
                          Message 12 of 21 , Jun 14, 2006
                            Is this cemetery in Al. or TN.? It not on my Jackson county map.

                          • RKi4222422@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 21 , Jun 14, 2006
                              The Gifford cemetery is north of Hytop in AL and about five miles south of
                              the TN line off hwy 79. There is a sign on hwy 79. There are two markers in the
                              cemetery for Gideon and Lucinda but there may be a third unmarked grave.
                              Gideon was killed by his son William who swallowed strychnine when the posse
                              caught up with him.

                            • venerable_bede
                              Message 14 of 21 , Mar 12, 2009
                                --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, <rgpipes@...> wrote:

                                > Does anyone know where Hytop Cemetery in Scottsboro is? I see that Benjamin
                                > Franklin GOLD is buried there and I don't think I have ever heard of it. I
                                > think this is the son of Benjamin F. GOLD that was the son of Peter H. GOLD.
                                > This Benjamin GOLD served in the Army and was born 1898 and died 1972.
                                >
                                > Thanks for any help.
                                > Regina

                                You know, I randomly came across this old post and it intrigued me because I have a Benjamin Gold born about that time in my family. My ggg-grandfather, Andrew Jackson White, had a daughter, Martha....Martha married a Gold, but I don't know the name. In the 1910 census, Martha is listed as a widower living with her mother, Susan J. White, and with two kids- Benjamin (11) and Eula (-1). I think when the 1920 census rolls around, she's remarried to a Fowler, if I remember correctly.

                                Anyway, it also is of interest because I apparently have quite a few relatives buried in Hytop, including the Whites. While Hytop is on find-a-grave, not everyone is listed there.

                                Is this the same Benjamin Gold you were looking for?
                              • lmic2@aol.com
                                Message 15 of 21 , Mar 13, 2009
                                  _Find A Grave: Hytop Cemetery_
                                  (http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=cr&CRid=23620&CScn=hytop&CScntry=4&CSst=3&)