RE: [jacksongenealogy] Re: Hytop Cemetery

  • rgpipes@hughes.net
    Message 1 of 21 , Jun 13, 2006
      Thanks. I knew that a lot of Jackson County Cemeteries had been recorded
      and put on line.
      Thanks
      Regina

      _____

      Message 2 of 21 , Jun 13, 2006
        Is Skyline Mountain and sand Mountain the same Mountain?

      • bruce selvage
        Message 3 of 21 , Jun 13, 2006
          Hytop and Sand mountain are not the same. They are on opposite sides of the Tenn river.
          Message 4 of 21 , Jun 13, 2006
            No

            _____

            Message 5 of 21 , Jun 13, 2006
              Regina I will be going to Crow Mountain Orchard tomorrow I will try
              to go on to hytop cemetery and see with gold's are buried there.
              Some of the other names I remember being there were
              Davis,Sanders,Cornelison,Baugh. This is a large well keep cemetery.

            • rgpipes@hughes.net
              Message 6 of 21 , Jun 13, 2006
                Thank you so much. I would love directions to the cemetery also.

                What is in season at the Orchard. I've been there once and would love to go
                again BUT don't remember how to get their.

                I see your last name is LAMBERT. My grandfather Joseph GRIDER/GUIDER/GRYDER
                married a Harriett LAMBERT in Loudon County, Tennessee. They had one son
                Sherman GRYDER.

                Thanks
                Regina

                _____

                Regina I will be going to Crow Mountain Orchard tomorrow I will try
                to go on to hytop cemetery and see with gold's are buried there.
                Some of the other names I remember being there were
                Davis,Sanders,Cornelison,Baugh. This is a large well keep cemetery.

                --- In jacksongenealogy@ <mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com>
                yahoogroups.com, <rgpipes@...> wrote:

                > Thanks. I knew that a lot of Jackson County Cemeteries had been
                recorded
                > and put on line.
                > Thanks
                > Regina
                >
                > _____
                >
                > From: jacksongenealogy@ <mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com>
                yahoogroups.com

              • frances_lambert2000
                Message 7 of 21 , Jun 13, 2006
                  To get to Hytop cemetery take HWY 79 turn right on county road 249
                  then right on county road 13 is at end of road.The only thing that is
                  ripe at the orchard now is peaches. To get to the orchard from HWY 79
                  take county road 33 then turn on county road 39 at Nila churchthe
                  orchard is behind Austell cemetery. I go up county road at Carnes
                  most times.
                  My husband is a Lambert his family came from Cherokee NC
                  My maiden name is Johnson. Some of my family names are Johnson ,Coots
                  Hawkins, Ballard, Clements, Sanders, Letson, Shelton, Manning,
                  Gene Sanders Buried in the Gold cemetery is my greatuncle.

                • m d
                  Message 8 of 21 , Jun 13, 2006
                    Hi my name is Mary Frederick (Davis) I just noticed that you said there were some davis buried in this cemetery. Would you happen to remember the names. My grandfather is Houston S.Davis and no one knows where he is buried at. Thanks for any information that you might have.

                    frances_lambert2000 <frances_lambert2000@...> wrote: Regina I will be going to Crow Mountain Orchard tomorrow I will try

                    Message 9 of 21 , Jun 13, 2006
                      Harriett LAMBERTS family came from NC also. I can't think of her fathers
                      (John?) name but her mother was Polly.

                      I also have SANDERS, SHELTON and MANNING. My GOLD family married into
                      several of these lines.
                      Thanks
                      Regina

                      _____

                    • RKi4222422@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 21 , Jun 14, 2006
                        Another cemetery is the Gifford cemetery that is north of Hytop. My great
                        great grandparents are buried there. Gideon and Lucinda Gifford. Glad to hear of
                        other things about Hytop.

                      • jackie morgan
                        Message 11 of 21 , Jun 14, 2006
                          Would anyone recognize the name Susan DENMAN BRYAN as being buried in their family cemetery. I think the family lived in the vicinity of the Dekalb County line but lived in Jackson County. She died in July or August, 1869. Her husband was James R. BRYAN(T).

                          I've been looking for her for years. Found her on the 1870 U. S. Mortality Census.

                          Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

                          Message 12 of 21 , Jun 14, 2006
                            I'm back from Hytop Cemetery Benjamin Franklin Gold PVT US Army B:
                            Aug 9 1898 D: Aug 3 He is the only Gold that I found there.
                            Here Are some other names that we copied down.
                            Wilson Davis B: apr 30 1912 D: feb 9 1982
                            Eva Davis B: Apr 21 1907 D: sep 2 1976 M; Jun 10 1933

                            William henry Davis B: aug 15 1969 D: aug 23 1970

                            Norma E. Davis B: mar 10 1946 no death date
                            W. orville Davis B: MAr 10 1935 D: JUl 4 1970

                            Tena L. Howe B: feb 17 1974 D: oct 4 1989 Tena'S mother's maiden is
                            Davis. I know her and Knew Tena.

                            Edith Inez Sanders B: feb 14 1951 D: dec 14 1954

                            Luther A. Sanders B:apr 2 1917 D:sep 5 1985
                            Ethel B. Sanders B: Jan 18 1922 D: oct 26 1996

                            Janey Sanders Baugh 1883-1918

                            Hope this helps someone.

                            --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, <rgpipes@...> wrote:

                            > Does anyone know where Hytop Cemetery in Scottsboro is? I see that
                            Benjamin
                            > Franklin GOLD is buried there and I don't think I have ever heard
                            of it. I
                            > think this is the son of Benjamin F. GOLD that was the son of Peter
                            H. GOLD.
                            > This Benjamin GOLD served in the Army and was born 1898 and died
                            1972.

                            > Thanks for any help.
                            > Regina

                          • frances_lambert2000
                            Message 13 of 21 , Jun 14, 2006
                              Is this cemetery in Al. or TN.? It not on my Jackson county map.

                            • RKi4222422@aol.com
                              Message 14 of 21 , Jun 14, 2006
                                The Gifford cemetery is north of Hytop in AL and about five miles south of
                                the TN line off hwy 79. There is a sign on hwy 79. There are two markers in the
                                cemetery for Gideon and Lucinda but there may be a third unmarked grave.
                                Gideon was killed by his son William who swallowed strychnine when the posse
                                caught up with him.

                              • venerable_bede
                                Message 15 of 21 , Mar 12, 2009
                                  --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, <rgpipes@...> wrote:

                                  > Does anyone know where Hytop Cemetery in Scottsboro is? I see that Benjamin
                                  > Franklin GOLD is buried there and I don't think I have ever heard of it. I
                                  > think this is the son of Benjamin F. GOLD that was the son of Peter H. GOLD.
                                  > This Benjamin GOLD served in the Army and was born 1898 and died 1972.
                                  >
                                  > Thanks for any help.
                                  > Regina

                                  You know, I randomly came across this old post and it intrigued me because I have a Benjamin Gold born about that time in my family. My ggg-grandfather, Andrew Jackson White, had a daughter, Martha....Martha married a Gold, but I don't know the name. In the 1910 census, Martha is listed as a widower living with her mother, Susan J. White, and with two kids- Benjamin (11) and Eula (-1). I think when the 1920 census rolls around, she's remarried to a Fowler, if I remember correctly.

                                  Anyway, it also is of interest because I apparently have quite a few relatives buried in Hytop, including the Whites. While Hytop is on find-a-grave, not everyone is listed there.

                                  Is this the same Benjamin Gold you were looking for?
                                • lmic2@aol.com
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Mar 13, 2009
                                    _Find A Grave: Hytop Cemetery_
                                    (http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=cr&CRid=23620&CScn=hytop&CScntry=4&CSst=3&)