Hytop Cemetery

  • rgpipes@hughes.net
    Message 1 of 21 , Jun 12, 2006
      Does anyone know where Hytop Cemetery in Scottsboro is? I see that Benjamin
      Franklin GOLD is buried there and I don't think I have ever heard of it. I
      think this is the son of Benjamin F. GOLD that was the son of Peter H. GOLD.
      This Benjamin GOLD served in the Army and was born 1898 and died 1972.

      Thanks for any help.

    • starry3731
      Message 2 of 21 , Jun 13, 2006
        --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, <rgpipes@...> wrote:

        > Does anyone know where Hytop Cemetery in Scottsboro is? I see that
        Benjamin
        > Franklin GOLD is buried there and I don't think I have ever heard of
        it. I
        > think this is the son of Benjamin F. GOLD that was the son of Peter
        H. GOLD.
        > This Benjamin GOLD served in the Army and was born 1898 and died
        1972.

        > Thanks for any help.
        > Regina

        Hytop Cem is in top of Hytop Mtn. Close to Estill Fork or Estill
        Springs I can't remember which.
      • frances_lambert2000
        Message 3 of 21 , Jun 13, 2006
          The only Hytop Cemetery that I know of is on county road 13 on
          Skyline Mountain. I was there a few weeks ago and there was some
          Golds buried there.

        • rgpipes@hughes.net
          Message 4 of 21 , Jun 13, 2006
            How many Cemeteries are there on Skyline Mountain? I know of the GOLD,
            Gentle and the Travis (I think). I can't remember ever going to the Hytop
            Cemetery. Is this cemetery online?
            Thanks for the reply.
            Regina

            _____

            --- In jacksongenealogy@ <mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com>
            yahoogroups.com, <rgpipes@...> wrote:

            > Does anyone know where Hytop Cemetery in Scottsboro is? I see that
            Benjamin
            > Franklin GOLD is buried there and I don't think I have ever heard
            of it. I
            > think this is the son of Benjamin F. GOLD that was the son of Peter
            H. GOLD.
            > This Benjamin GOLD served in the Army and was born 1898 and died
            1972.

            > Thanks for any help.
            > Regina

          • frances_lambert2000
            Message 5 of 21 , Jun 13, 2006
              I don't think that Hytop Cemetery is on line.

            • rgpipes@hughes.net
              Message 6 of 21 , Jun 13, 2006
                Thanks. I knew that a lot of Jackson County Cemeteries had been recorded
                and put on line.
                Thanks
                Regina

                _____

              • Btweety98412376@aol.com
                Message 7 of 21 , Jun 13, 2006
                  Is Skyline Mountain and sand Mountain the same Mountain?

                • bruce selvage
                  Message 8 of 21 , Jun 13, 2006
                    Hytop and Sand mountain are not the same. They are on opposite sides of the Tenn river.
                    Message 9 of 21 , Jun 13, 2006
                      No

                      _____

                      Message 10 of 21 , Jun 13, 2006
                        Regina I will be going to Crow Mountain Orchard tomorrow I will try
                        to go on to hytop cemetery and see with gold's are buried there.
                        Some of the other names I remember being there were
                        Davis,Sanders,Cornelison,Baugh. This is a large well keep cemetery.

                      • rgpipes@hughes.net
                        Message 11 of 21 , Jun 13, 2006
                          Thank you so much. I would love directions to the cemetery also.

                          What is in season at the Orchard. I've been there once and would love to go
                          again BUT don't remember how to get their.

                          I see your last name is LAMBERT. My grandfather Joseph GRIDER/GUIDER/GRYDER
                          married a Harriett LAMBERT in Loudon County, Tennessee. They had one son
                          Sherman GRYDER.

                          Thanks
                          Regina

                          _____

                          Regina I will be going to Crow Mountain Orchard tomorrow I will try
                          to go on to hytop cemetery and see with gold's are buried there.
                          Some of the other names I remember being there were
                          Davis,Sanders,Cornelison,Baugh. This is a large well keep cemetery.

                          --- In jacksongenealogy@ <mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com>
                          yahoogroups.com, <rgpipes@...> wrote:

                          > Thanks. I knew that a lot of Jackson County Cemeteries had been
                          recorded
                          > and put on line.
                          > Thanks
                          > Regina
                          >
                          > _____
                          >
                          > From: jacksongenealogy@ <mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com>
                          yahoogroups.com

                        • frances_lambert2000
                          Message 12 of 21 , Jun 13, 2006
                            To get to Hytop cemetery take HWY 79 turn right on county road 249
                            then right on county road 13 is at end of road.The only thing that is
                            ripe at the orchard now is peaches. To get to the orchard from HWY 79
                            take county road 33 then turn on county road 39 at Nila churchthe
                            orchard is behind Austell cemetery. I go up county road at Carnes
                            most times.
                            My husband is a Lambert his family came from Cherokee NC
                            My maiden name is Johnson. Some of my family names are Johnson ,Coots
                            Hawkins, Ballard, Clements, Sanders, Letson, Shelton, Manning,
                            Gene Sanders Buried in the Gold cemetery is my greatuncle.

                          • m d
                            Message 13 of 21 , Jun 13, 2006
                              Hi my name is Mary Frederick (Davis) I just noticed that you said there were some davis buried in this cemetery. Would you happen to remember the names. My grandfather is Houston S.Davis and no one knows where he is buried at. Thanks for any information that you might have.

                              frances_lambert2000 <frances_lambert2000@...> wrote: Regina I will be going to Crow Mountain Orchard tomorrow I will try

                              Message 14 of 21 , Jun 13, 2006
                                Harriett LAMBERTS family came from NC also. I can't think of her fathers
                                (John?) name but her mother was Polly.

                                I also have SANDERS, SHELTON and MANNING. My GOLD family married into
                                several of these lines.
                                Thanks
                                Regina

                                _____

                              • RKi4222422@aol.com
                                Message 15 of 21 , Jun 14, 2006
                                  Another cemetery is the Gifford cemetery that is north of Hytop. My great
                                  great grandparents are buried there. Gideon and Lucinda Gifford. Glad to hear of
                                  other things about Hytop.

                                • jackie morgan
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Jun 14, 2006
                                    Would anyone recognize the name Susan DENMAN BRYAN as being buried in their family cemetery. I think the family lived in the vicinity of the Dekalb County line but lived in Jackson County. She died in July or August, 1869. Her husband was James R. BRYAN(T).

                                    I've been looking for her for years. Found her on the 1870 U. S. Mortality Census.

                                    Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

                                    Message 17 of 21 , Jun 14, 2006
                                      I'm back from Hytop Cemetery Benjamin Franklin Gold PVT US Army B:
                                      Aug 9 1898 D: Aug 3 He is the only Gold that I found there.
                                      Here Are some other names that we copied down.
                                      Wilson Davis B: apr 30 1912 D: feb 9 1982
                                      Eva Davis B: Apr 21 1907 D: sep 2 1976 M; Jun 10 1933

                                      William henry Davis B: aug 15 1969 D: aug 23 1970

                                      Norma E. Davis B: mar 10 1946 no death date
                                      W. orville Davis B: MAr 10 1935 D: JUl 4 1970

                                      Tena L. Howe B: feb 17 1974 D: oct 4 1989 Tena'S mother's maiden is
                                      Davis. I know her and Knew Tena.

                                      Edith Inez Sanders B: feb 14 1951 D: dec 14 1954

                                      Luther A. Sanders B:apr 2 1917 D:sep 5 1985
                                      Ethel B. Sanders B: Jan 18 1922 D: oct 26 1996

                                      Janey Sanders Baugh 1883-1918

                                      Hope this helps someone.

                                      --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, <rgpipes@...> wrote:

                                      > Does anyone know where Hytop Cemetery in Scottsboro is? I see that
                                      Benjamin
                                      > Franklin GOLD is buried there and I don't think I have ever heard
                                      of it. I
                                      > think this is the son of Benjamin F. GOLD that was the son of Peter
                                      H. GOLD.
                                      > This Benjamin GOLD served in the Army and was born 1898 and died
                                      1972.

                                      > Thanks for any help.
                                      > Regina

                                    • frances_lambert2000
                                      Message 18 of 21 , Jun 14, 2006
                                        Is this cemetery in Al. or TN.? It not on my Jackson county map.

                                      • RKi4222422@aol.com
                                        Message 19 of 21 , Jun 14, 2006
                                          The Gifford cemetery is north of Hytop in AL and about five miles south of
                                          the TN line off hwy 79. There is a sign on hwy 79. There are two markers in the
                                          cemetery for Gideon and Lucinda but there may be a third unmarked grave.
                                          Gideon was killed by his son William who swallowed strychnine when the posse
                                          caught up with him.

                                        • venerable_bede
                                          Message 20 of 21 , Mar 12, 2009
                                            --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, <rgpipes@...> wrote:

                                            > Does anyone know where Hytop Cemetery in Scottsboro is? I see that Benjamin
                                            > Franklin GOLD is buried there and I don't think I have ever heard of it. I
                                            > think this is the son of Benjamin F. GOLD that was the son of Peter H. GOLD.
                                            > This Benjamin GOLD served in the Army and was born 1898 and died 1972.
                                            >
                                            > Thanks for any help.
                                            > Regina

                                            You know, I randomly came across this old post and it intrigued me because I have a Benjamin Gold born about that time in my family. My ggg-grandfather, Andrew Jackson White, had a daughter, Martha....Martha married a Gold, but I don't know the name. In the 1910 census, Martha is listed as a widower living with her mother, Susan J. White, and with two kids- Benjamin (11) and Eula (-1). I think when the 1920 census rolls around, she's remarried to a Fowler, if I remember correctly.

                                            Anyway, it also is of interest because I apparently have quite a few relatives buried in Hytop, including the Whites. While Hytop is on find-a-grave, not everyone is listed there.

                                            Is this the same Benjamin Gold you were looking for?
                                          • lmic2@aol.com
                                            Message 21 of 21 , Mar 13, 2009
                                              _Find A Grave: Hytop Cemetery_
                                              (http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=cr&CRid=23620&CScn=hytop&CScntry=4&CSst=3&)