Deed Books--for the deed experts out there!

  • robert_s_63134
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2006
      Hi!

      I'm just beginning a search of Jackson County Deed books and would
      like just a little help. I have been through the indexes and am now
      trying to decide which LDS microfilms to order to see the actual
      deeds. One I'm particularly interested in was dated 12/17/1831,
      Samuel Taylor selling to W.S. Peeters. The index shows vol. D page
      146, yet the date is 1831. The microfilmed deeds don't go back before
      1834. Could this deed be indexed but not available? Or did this
      transaction actually occur in 1831, but didn't get recorded until
      later, so the entry in Book D?

      Just to give an idea of what's going on, I'm also interested in George
      W. Keith selling to Thomas Cargile, 8/12/1839. This one, though it's
      later than the Taylor transaction, is located in Book A, page 171.
      Thanks for any help!

      Robert Schneider