Re: [jacksongenealogy] Elizabeth Gonce Rogers Matthews

  • Geri
    Message 1 of 4 , May 25 9:40 PM
      he is listed a James B. Mathis
      -------Original Message-------

      From: anno78216
      Date: 05/25/06 22:43:02
      To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [jacksongenealogy] Elizabeth Gonce Rogers Matthews

      Hi Everyone, I cannot seem to find a 1850 census record for Elizabeth
      Gonce Rogers Matthews and Her husband, James B. Matthews in Jackson
      Co. I found the Matthews cemetery(Co. Rd. 567) when I was there in 4-
      2003. The cemetery has been badly damaged, but I did find Elizabeth's
      tombstone and also her son, James Matthews. I could not find any
      tombstones for James B. Matthews. My notes state he was born 26 Dec
      1795, in Luenburg Co., VA. He died 16 Oct 1853. He & Elizabeth were
      md. 29 Dec 1818. The notes are from correspondence with Walter Alley
      Russell and and also posted in the "Gonce & Wynne Genealogy" book,by
      Barbara Gonce Clepper.
      What district is Co. Rd. 567 in? - perhaps I can find the family in
      this way.
      Can I get a marriage record for them?
      Many thanks, Ann Carlton Oppenheimer
      P.S. I am now back online - computer down for a month. Putting all
      my E-mails and addresses back. Ugh!! Have a good holiday everyone!!

      insurance company American family home owner insurance

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS