Holmans and Slaters of Jackson, Marshall, and Dekalb Counties

  • Belinda Kay
    Message 1 of 1 , May 22, 2006
      I am researching the Holman and Slater families who lived in or around Jackson, Marshall, and Dekalb counties. I know they lived up on Sand Mountain. My great great grandparents were James Franklin and Margaret (Moss) Slater and my great grandparents were William Martin and Maude (Slater) Holman. If anyone knows of the families or has any information on where to look for information, I would appreciate the help. I live in Oklahoma so I don't get too many chances to get to Alabama. From the stories I have been told James Franklin Slater changed his name from Murphy to Slater after moving to Alabama from Tennessee sometime after 1892.
      Thanks,
      Kay Hinkle
      A Holman and Slater descendant

      Belinda Kay