obit

  • gubasemia@aol.com
    Message 1 of 11 , May 7, 2006
      I found this at the site of the Daily Sentinel and would like very much to
      have the full obituary. Can anyone send it to me? Thanks in advance.
      Darlene

      (http://thedailysentinel.com/ad-redirect.lasso?eai=138088ad109af264&tu=service.lasso)

      John C. NeeleyJohn C. Neeley, 91, of Section, passed away on Tuesday, April
      11, 2006 at his residence.

      Funeral services will be held on Friday, April 14 at 1 p.m. at Section
      Funeral Home Chapel with Bobby Rodgers officiating. Burial will follow in Cedar
      Hill Cemetery.

      Visitation services will be held on Thursday, April 13 from 6 until 9 p.m.
      at Section Funeral Home.

    • jackie morgan

        Message 3 of 11 , May 7, 2006
          The full obits for the past 30 days are available at the Daily Sentinel website. You have to be registered and log in to see the full obit but that only takes a minute.

        • gubasemia@aol.com
          Message 4 of 11 , May 7, 2006
            Thank you,
            I saw that I would have to register. I did not do that. Suppose I will
            though. Johnny Neeley was the son of my great great grandfather, William M.
            Neeley. He never had the privilege of a formal education but was one of the most
            intelligent men I have ever met. I am proud I had the honor of meeting him. He
            loved his flowers..."me fleours" he would say.
            Darlene

          • rgpipes@hughes.net
            Message 5 of 11 , May 7, 2006
              I am guessing this was the full obit that was in the Sentinel. I see even
              shorter obits than this one in there. Was there any family member around to
              add more information? Sometimes the funeral home doesn't have anymore info
              on the person so very little is put in. My mother-in-law just passed away
              and we had a fairly large obit which they said we would be charged twenty
              dollars for from The Sentinel. We haven't gotten the final bill for
              everything so am not sure if this is all they charged the family.

              Message 6 of 11 , May 7, 2006
                Yes, he had the two daughters. One who lived next to him and another who
                lived closer into Section. He has a niece that he felt responsible for since her
                mother, his sister, died at a young age. He had stories to tell about the
                husband of this sister. He had other nieces and nephews as well. When I was in
                Jackson County he took me to meet several of them.

                Darlene

              • Joe&Janelle Burt
                Message 7 of 11 , May 7, 2006
                  Is this John Neeley with daughters Charlotte & Joan?
                  JaNelle

                  Message 8 of 11 , May 7, 2006
                    That is the same Johnny Neeley, yes.

                  • lewatkins
                    Message 9 of 11 , May 7, 2006
                      Thanks, Jackie.
                      Mary

                      gubasemia@... wrote:

                      I found this at the site of the Daily Sentinel and would like very much to
                      have the full obituary. Can anyone send it to me? Thanks in advance.
                      Darlene

                      (http://thedailysentinel.com/ad-redirect.lasso?eai=138088ad109af264&tu=service.lasso)

                      John C. NeeleyJohn C. Neeley, 91, of Section, passed away on Tuesday, April
                      11, 2006 at his residence.

                      Funeral services will be held on Friday, April 14 at 1 p.m. at Section
                      Funeral Home Chapel with Bobby Rodgers officiating. Burial will follow in
                      Cedar
                      Hill Cemetery.

                      Visitation services will be held on Thursday, April 13 from 6 until 9 p.m.
                      at Section Funeral Home.

                      American family home insurance American family home insurance
                      company American family home owner insurance Multi family home for
                      sale Single family home for sale Family home finance

                    • Smiley
                      Message 10 of 11 , May 8, 2006
                        ...Hi Darlene, I am a little late on your post but wanted you to know
                        that you do not have to be registered to be able to access the obits
                        for the Daily Sentinel. This is what I found, and it is the obit
                        which was published. Hope this helps you out...

                        Smiley :-))
                        Pink, OK

                        Daily Sentinel, The (Scottsboro, AL) - April 13, 2006
                        Deceased Name: John C. Neeley
                        John C. Neeley, 91, of Section, passed away on Tuesday, April 11,
                        2006 at his residence.

                        Funeral services will be held on Friday, April 14 at 1 p.m. at
                        Section Funeral Home Chapel with Bobby Rodgers officiating. Burial
                        will follow in Cedar Hill Cemetery.

                        Visitation services will be held on Thursday, April 13 from 6 until 9
                        p.m. at Section Funeral Home.

                        Mr. Neeley is survived by his daughters and sons-in-law, Charlotte
                        and Charles Headrick of Section and Doris and J.L. Ritchie of
                        Section; three grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; one great-
                        great-grandson; and a host of nieces, nephews, cousins and friends.

                        Mr. Neeley was preceded in death by his wife, Ruby Bell Neeley.

                        He was a life resident of Section and the owner and operator of
                        Section Shell Station for 30 years.

                      • gubasemia@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 11 , May 8, 2006
                          Smiley, this helps me out a lot. And, you are never too late. I appreciate
                          it very much.
                          Thanks so much,
                          Darlene