Re: [jacksongenealogy] Jackson County Deed Index

  • Shirley Carter
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30 6:05 PM
      That is wonderful Robert I knew you could do it. Please kee us posted on the dees I exspecially am interested in one for Samuel McDaniel Taylor , and willing to share the cost. Take care , and have a nice day.
      Shirley Carter

      Robert Schneider <robert_s_63134@...> wrote:
      Hi!

      I recently searched the Jackson County Deed Index,
      1830-1890, LDS # 1018413. I thought I would post a
      few entries that relate to my families. I'm hoping
      someone else out there might be interested:

      1)Carr, Clayburn grantee; Clark, Thomas G. grantor;
      9/17/1831 Bood D page 79.

      2)Carr (possibly Corn), Samuel grantee; Hancock, John
      A. grantor; 1/13/1839; Book B page 150.

      3)Kieth, George W. grantor; Cargile, Thomas grantee;
      8/12/1839; Book A page 171.

      4)Taylor, Samuel grantor; Peeters, W.S. grantee;
      12/17/1831;Book D page 146.

      5)Williams, John grantor; Baptist Church grantee;
      11/5/1855; Book G page 53.

      6)Williams, John grantor; Davis, W.W. grantee;
      4/26/1856 Book G page 201.

      7)Williams, E.C. grantor; Williams, John grantee;
      4/26/1856; Book G page 249.

      The John Williams near the end, I suspect, is the John
      Williams who was identified in the 1850 census as
      Baptist minister. I suspect that the Samuel Taylor was
      Samuel McDaniel Taylor, Indian agent, who moved back
      and forth between Franklin County, TN and Jackson
      County, AL.

      I haven't seen the actual deeds yet, but hope to soon.

      Robert Schneider

    • jackie morgan
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2006
        Ann,

        Could you check for a James R.BRYAN (BRYANT) and a Joel BRYAN (BRYANT) for any records in the 1860s and and 1870s.

        Thanks so much.

        Jackie Morgan

        "Ann B. Chambless" <rabc123@...> wrote:
        The SAMUEL in your number 2 deed is, indeed, Samuel Corn and not Carr.
        Ann BE. Chambless