Re: [jacksongenealogy] NEW MEMBER - JUDGE, JACKSON, ASHLEY, TANKERSLEY, EVANS, DELPH, KELLEY

  • Lynn
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 15, 2006
      Hi! The EVANS family I am interested in is John and Ellen JUDGE EVANS.
      They had a son named Samuel Loye. I know of no ancestors before these.
      Ellen was my ggrandmother. I am hungry for information about this family
      and anything would be appreciated. Thanks, Lynn-----
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 15, 2006
        Do you have any birth/death dates on your John Evans? I have a couple of John Evans's without any spouse information. I also have a John Judge (b. 1912) marrying an Allie Evans (b. 1918).

        Cindy Pugliese

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 20, 2006
          We have quite a few new members so I am posting some hints.

          Always change the Subject line after Re:[jacksongenealogy] to the new Subject you want to post on.

          Do not include the previous posting on your post as this sometimes overloads peoples mail boxes. All posts are archived at the Group Home website. There have been some great posts about growing up in Jackson County posted in the last 2 years I recommend them to everyone.

          When posting follow the 4 w's Who, What Event, When, Where.

          As an example:

          James Madison GULLATT b. 15 Apr 1820 Bellefonte, Jackson Co. d. 23 Jun 1906 near Dutton, Sand Mountain, Jackson Co. married #1. Juliett CLARK 1841/42 Jackson Co. #2. married Malissa Payne HARPER 1848.

          James M. was son of John b. ca 1772/77 Fairfax Co. VA and Manerva Catherine Yancy (MITCHELL b. 1777 VA) GULLATT. John and Catherine moved from Truro Parish, Fairfax Co. VA to Lincoln Co. GA in 1800 then in 1816 to near Bellefonte, Jackson Co. AL. John d. Aug/Sep 1824 Jackson Co. and Catherine in Jan/Feb 1862 Jackson Co. both probably in or near Bellefonte.

          Juliet CLARK was dau of Isaac and Jemima (WELCH) CLARK b. ca 1819/21 d. 1842/43 Jackson Co., probably soon after the birth of her and James M.'s daughter Juliet GULLATT 26 Oct 1842.

          Malissa Payne HARPER was dau of John Payne and Martha "Patsy" (PHILLIPS) HARPER b.29 Jul 1832 d. 11 Jul 1900 near Dutton, Sand Mountain, Jackson Co. AL

          My brickwall is Martha "Patsy" PHILLIPS b. 22 Jan 1796 KY d. 1883/84 Scottsboro, Jackson Co. who were her parents? She married John Payne Harper 12 Mar 1813 Madison Co. AL

          You can also list their children's births and marriages.

          Include as much info as you can, the more the better. It helps if you put the surnames in caps so they stand out especially on the Subject line.

          If you need census or marriage lookups there is always someone in the group who will do that for you.

          In order to access all the features at the Group Home website, LINKS, PHOTOS, etc. you need a Yahoo ID. If you want to access these features and can not send me an email and I will send you a message on how to get a Yahoo ID. The easiest way is to set up a Yahoo mail account just for your genealogy mail. The Yahoo mail account is free.

          Clay Gullatt
          Moderator
          Mount Airy NC

        • Smiley
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 23, 2007
            ...Hi Lynn, I was wondering who your TANKERSLEY's are? I have a
            TANKERSLEY who married a BATES. Do ya have anyone like that in your
            Tree? Thanks for any reply...

            Smiley :-))

            --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Lynn" <jerandlyn@...> wrote:

            > Hi! The EVANS family I am interested in is John and Ellen JUDGE
            EVANS.
            > They had a son named Samuel Loye. I know of no ancestors before
            these.
            > Ellen was my ggrandmother. I am hungry for information about this
            family
            > and anything would be appreciated. Thanks, Lynn-----

          • Smiley
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 23, 2007