RE: WEBB, MORGAN, CONLEY

  • Anne Rohr
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 9, 2000

      I’m sorry.  I should have included dates when I first posted my request for help.  I do know better.  I have requested information about Charles Augustus Webb and his wife, Florence Morgan.  Charles was born 14 July 1867 in Milton County, GA and died 23 June, 1915 in Langston, Jackson County, AL.  He married Florence Morgan on 19 February 1890.  Florence was born 19 July, 1971 in Jackson County, AL, died 6 May, 1941 and is buried in the Davis Cemetery in Langston, AL.  Their children were Cloe Irene (my grandmother), born 22 July, 1891, Langston, died 26 August, 1962, South Pittsburg, Marion, TN.  Married 9 December 1909 to Robert Annis Padgett; Veda P. B: 7 Jan 1895 Jackson Cty, AL D: 30 June, 1896 Jackson Cty., AL; Walter Charles Webb  B:  19 Dec 1896 Jackson Cty, AL.  D:  30 Sept. 1951, Jackson Cty., AL;  Ernest P.  B:  20 Sept, 1898, Jackson Cty., AL  D:  15 Oct. 1918, Jackson Cty., AL;John David Morgan  B: 18 Dec, 1900, Jackson Cty., D: about 1952;  Margaret Virginia Webb; B: 11 Mar 1911, Jackson Cty, AL, D: 13 April 1955, Scottsboro, Jackson Cty., AL  Married ___   ______ 1930, Decatur,, AL to Paul Wesley Conley.  I don’t know spouses for any of the others, or children for any other than grandmother or Aunt Ginny.  John Malon Morgan and Margaret Snodgrass were the parents of Florence Morgan.  John Malon was born 10 March 1838, Pickens County, SC and died 10 Mar, 1902 in Langston, Jackson, AL.  He married Margaret Snodgrass 9 September 1858.  Margaret was born 6 January 1840 in Abingdon, Washington County, VA and died 18 april 1908 in Langston, Jackson County, AL.

      I do not have any dates for Paul Wesley Conley or for their daughter, Janet.  More than dates, I am hoping to find out other information regarding their life in Langston and Scottsboro, or that area.  Any information regarding their occupations, newspaper articles, anything at all would be very much appreciated!  Thanks very much for your help!

    • Dr. Charles D. Smith, Jr.
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 9, 2000
        Anne:
        My wife and I are friends of Janet Conley (now Mrs. Phil Christian).
        They live in Huntsville, AL where we do, but have a place in Scottsboro
        on the Tennessee River for weekends. I will tell her of your interest
        and see what she has on her family line. Her mother and father are both
        deceased. I am also related (through marriage) to Annis Padgett. I think
        Janet is in Florida right now with one of her daughters, but I'll tell
        her when I see her.
        Dr C. D. Smith
      • vrfinley@myfamily.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 9, 2000
          Dr. Smith:

          What do you know about the Padgetts of the Holly Tree/ Princeton area?
          My Great Grandmother was the daughter of W.B.J. Padgett, who was an
          Alabama State Representative from Jackson County.

          Velma Graham Finley
          vrfinley@...

          --
          vrfinley@... - email

          ---- "Dr. Charles D. Smith, Jr." <drcds@...> wrote:

          > Anne:
          > My wife and I are friends of Janet Conley (now Mrs. Phil Christian).
          > They live in Huntsville, AL where we do, but have a place in Scottsboro
          > on the Tennessee River for weekends. I will tell her of your interest
          > and see what she has on her family line. Her mother and father are
          > both
          > deceased. I am also related (through marriage) to Annis Padgett. I
          > think
          > Janet is in Florida right now with one of her daughters, but I'll tell
          > her when I see her.
          > Dr C. D. Smith

          Get your own free email, set up a MyFamily site at http://www.MyFamily.com
        • Geri Beaver
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 18, 2000
            Have you ever heard of a pencil factory back in the late 1800's or early
            1900's in Scottsboro on the Tenn. River.

            Geri Beaver