RE: [jacksongenealogy] James R. Bryan(t) and Susan Denman Bryan(t)

  • Rex Bertram
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 22, 2006
      If you are using ancestry to check the census, try searching James Bry* and
      Bri* . If you will tell me their birth years, and any children they chould
      have by 1860, along with their approximate birth years, and stat of birth of
      each, I will see what I can find. Finding the "difficult to find" people in
      the census is something that I consider a specialty of mine.

      Rex W. Bertram
      132 S. Butler St.
      Redkey, IN 47373

      I do Free Genealogy Look-ups from many sources.
      Check out my webpage
      http://www.digginbones.com

      Jay County, Indiana Webpage Coordinator
      http://www.rootsweb.com/~injay/

      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 22, 2006
        Sharon

        I looked and did not see him.

        The Jackson County Mega Cemetery and Guntersville Flooded Cemetery files are at the Group Home Web site under LINKS. Go to Yahoo click on Groups click on jacksongenealogy.

      • Sharon Dover Romanek

          The Jackson County Mega Cemetery and Guntersville Flooded Cemetery files are at the Group Home Web site under LINKS. Go to Yahoo click on Groups click on jacksongenealogy.

        • J Hamilton
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 22, 2006
            Hello
            I am John Hamilton I see that you are researching Allens Are these the
            Jackson County Allens and if so can you tell me some of the names so I can
            see if we have any in common. I also remember when I was a little boy and we
            would go to Scottsboro on the weekend my dad would take me to a man named
            German Bryant to get my hair cut. Does this man ring a bell?

            JL Hamilton

              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 22, 2006
                I have been looking for this family on the 1860 census for YEARS!!. So I know it is some little thing that is causing the problem.

                Here is their information:
                James R. Bryan(t) b. in about 1825 in GA
                Susan Denman Bryan(t) b. ca. 1829/30 in GA
                They were married in Franklin Co., GA in 1849
                1850 Census - Franklin Co., GA
                Shown with one son, Joel (Joseph) b.1850
                1870 Census - Jackson Co., AL
                Shown with second wife. (Susan had died in summer of 1869.

                Children:
                Joel (Joseph) b. 1850
                Elizabeth b. ca. 1852
                Thomas
                Nancy Emaline b. ca. 1857
                Alexander b. ca. 1858
                James C. b. ca. 1863
                William S. b. ca. 1865
                Susan Katie b. ca.1866-68

                1880 census they were back in Franklin Co., GA
                But James must have been in Arkansas a couple of years after 1870 because one of the two children by the second wife, Martha Norwood Bryan, was born in Arkansas in about 1875.

                Probably was married a third time prior to the 1880 census because he has some step children living with him at that point and the wife is not matching the second wife.

                He was found in Bosque and Hamilton Co., Texas in the 1900 time period. Believe he died shortly after that.

                Wife was listed as a widow when she died in either Bosque or Hamilton Co. north of San Antonio

                Any help would be wonderful.

                Thanks.
                Jackie Morgan

                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 22, 2006
                  John

                  Which Allens are you researching?

                  William Gullatt m. Minerva Allen (widow of John D. Allen) in 1865 Jackson Co. I don't know Minerva's maiden name.

                  Minerva and John Allen had the following children:
                  Martha b. 1835
                  John D. b. 1840
                  Francis (Frances) b. b.1842/43
                  Mary b. 1844/45
                  Lucie, Lucy b. 1846/47

                  William and Minerva had no children.

                • Clay Gullatt
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 11 7:25 PM
                    The Burgess Cemetery is indexed in the MegaCemJacksonAll under Files at the Group Home Website.

                  • Pat Foster
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 11 7:34 PM
                      Thanks, Clay

                      Pat Foster