James R. Bryan(t) and Susan Denman Bryan(t)

  • jackie morgan
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 22, 2006
      I am trying to locate James and Susan on the 1860 census. There must be more of a change than this Bryan to Bryant name that I can't find them.

      Would anyone have any ideas of how I can locate them.

      Thanks for any help.

      Jackie Morgan

      Sharon Dover Romanek <sromanek@...> wrote:
      Can someone please tell me if there are cemetery books for Jackson County, and if anyone on the list has them could I request a look up please? I need James Bruce Dover who is suppose to be buried in Pott's Cemetery and should have a death date of 2-27-1965 or thereabouts. Thanks in advance.

      Sharon Dover Romanek
      Primary e-mail: sromanek@...
      Secondary e-mail: sromanek@...

      Researching: Romanek, Gucwa, Dover, Shrader, Tyner, Johnston, Williams, Edge, Smith, Kirksey, Demers, Murphy, Allen

      I hear ethereal whispers, persuasive,
      soft and still, "Daughter, if you don't
      remember us, who will ?"-----------

    • Rex Bertram
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 22, 2006
        If you are using ancestry to check the census, try searching James Bry* and
        Bri* . If you will tell me their birth years, and any children they chould
        have by 1860, along with their approximate birth years, and stat of birth of
        each, I will see what I can find. Finding the "difficult to find" people in
        the census is something that I consider a specialty of mine.

        Rex W. Bertram
        132 S. Butler St.
        Redkey, IN 47373

        I do Free Genealogy Look-ups from many sources.
        Check out my webpage
        http://www.digginbones.com

        Jay County, Indiana Webpage Coordinator
        http://www.rootsweb.com/~injay/

[...]

        American family home insurance American family home insurance
        company American family home owner insurance Multi family home for
        sale Single family home for sale Family home finance

        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 22, 2006
          Sharon

          I looked and did not see him.

          The Jackson County Mega Cemetery and Guntersville Flooded Cemetery files are at the Group Home Web site under LINKS. Go to Yahoo click on Groups click on jacksongenealogy.

        • Sharon Dover Romanek

            The Jackson County Mega Cemetery and Guntersville Flooded Cemetery files are at the Group Home Web site under LINKS. Go to Yahoo click on Groups click on jacksongenealogy.

          • J Hamilton
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 22, 2006
              Hello
              I am John Hamilton I see that you are researching Allens Are these the
              Jackson County Allens and if so can you tell me some of the names so I can
              see if we have any in common. I also remember when I was a little boy and we
              would go to Scottsboro on the weekend my dad would take me to a man named
              German Bryant to get my hair cut. Does this man ring a bell?

              JL Hamilton

                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 22, 2006
                  I have been looking for this family on the 1860 census for YEARS!!. So I know it is some little thing that is causing the problem.

                  Here is their information:
                  James R. Bryan(t) b. in about 1825 in GA
                  Susan Denman Bryan(t) b. ca. 1829/30 in GA
                  They were married in Franklin Co., GA in 1849
                  1850 Census - Franklin Co., GA
                  Shown with one son, Joel (Joseph) b.1850
                  1870 Census - Jackson Co., AL
                  Shown with second wife. (Susan had died in summer of 1869.

                  Children:
                  Joel (Joseph) b. 1850
                  Elizabeth b. ca. 1852
                  Thomas
                  Nancy Emaline b. ca. 1857
                  Alexander b. ca. 1858
                  James C. b. ca. 1863
                  William S. b. ca. 1865
                  Susan Katie b. ca.1866-68

                  1880 census they were back in Franklin Co., GA
                  But James must have been in Arkansas a couple of years after 1870 because one of the two children by the second wife, Martha Norwood Bryan, was born in Arkansas in about 1875.

                  Probably was married a third time prior to the 1880 census because he has some step children living with him at that point and the wife is not matching the second wife.

                  He was found in Bosque and Hamilton Co., Texas in the 1900 time period. Believe he died shortly after that.

                  Wife was listed as a widow when she died in either Bosque or Hamilton Co. north of San Antonio

                  Any help would be wonderful.

                  Thanks.
                  Jackie Morgan

                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 22, 2006
                    John

                    Which Allens are you researching?

                    William Gullatt m. Minerva Allen (widow of John D. Allen) in 1865 Jackson Co. I don't know Minerva's maiden name.

                    Minerva and John Allen had the following children:
                    Martha b. 1835
                    John D. b. 1840
                    Francis (Frances) b. b.1842/43
                    Mary b. 1844/45
                    Lucie, Lucy b. 1846/47

                    William and Minerva had no children.

                  • Clay Gullatt
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 11, 2011
                      The Burgess Cemetery is indexed in the MegaCemJacksonAll under Files at the Group Home Website.

                    • Pat Foster
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jul 11, 2011
                        Thanks, Clay

                        Pat Foster