Re: . SHARP

  • frances_lambert2000
    Message 1 of 29 , Mar 13 2:41 PM
      Sorry I posted the wrong birth date for Pearl (Sharp) Johnson should
      have been 18 feb 1915 death 25 sep 1997 buried Pisgah Cem. Married
      Lewis Johnson on the 10 feb 1936 in Scottsboro Al. Lewis was born 22
      sep 1908 died 7 sep 1981 they had two children.

      --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "frances_lambert2000"
      <frances_lambert2000@...> wrote:

      > I have a Pearl Sharp b: 22 nov 1904 She married my dads bother
      Lewis
      > Johnson on the 10 feb 1936 If anyone has info on her please let me
      > know . She had a brother Lois Sharp. they may have been raised by
      > grandmother.
      >
      > --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, clay gullatt
      > <blackcloud27030@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Sue
      > >
      > > Found nothing on Amos or Rubean.
      > >
      > > Becky A. Sharp m. Thomas W. Hass 08 May 1897 Jackson Co. by
      Justice
      > of the Peace J. W. Shelton OS Page 396
      > >
      > > 1920 Tupelo Jackson Co. AL
      > >
      > > House 128 Family 128
      > > Thomas W. Haas Head 51 AL AL AL Farmer
      > > Rebecca A. Wife 39 AL AL AL Labor Home Farm
      > > Thomas W. Son 20 Labor Home Farm All the children b. AL
      > > Della M. Dau 14 Labor Home Farm
      > > Josie B. Dau 12 Labor Home Farm
      > > Emma A. Dau 9
      > > William S. Son 7
      > > George F. 4yrs 4months Son
      > > Francis L. Dau
      > >
      > > He is indexed as Thomas W. Kaas and is living next door to:
      > >
      > > House 129 Family 129
      > > Jacob B. Sharp Head 69 AL NC AL Farmer
      > > Polina J. Wife 68 AL AL AL
      > > Sarah M. Tidwell Dau 20 AL AL AL (note: this age matches Susan
      E.
      > from the 1900 Sarah A.would have been 33)
      > >
      > > House 130 Family 130
      > > William W. Sharp Head 26 AL AL AL Farmer
      > > Flora M. Wife 20 AL AL AL
      > >
      > > This is my Sharp connection I do not know who this William
      Sharps's
      > parents were so don't know his connection to your Sharps. Emma was
      of
      > my Greatgreatuncle Thomas J. Gullatt's line, either a granddau or
      > greatgrandau.
      > >
      > > William Sharp m. Emma Gullatte (Gullatt) 13 Nov 1898 Jackson Co.
      > Minister of the Gospel M. Hill OS Page 51.
      > >
      > > 1900 Pct 21 (all outside Scottsboro) Jackson Co. AL
      > > House 141 Family 142
      > > William Sharp Head Mar 1879 21 mar.1yr AL AL AL Farmer
      > > Emma Wife Sept 1882 17 mar.1yr 1Child/1 Living AL AL AL
      > > Gordon A. Son May 1900 0 months AL AL AL
      > >
      > > Clay

    • SUE LONG
      Message 2 of 29 , Mar 13 3:09 PM
        hi frances
        i was wondering if this lewis johnson was kin to rosie johnson who married linclon fowler.she was last married to her second cousin earl johnson this is my husband's
        grandparents his mother was pollye t fowler who married euwing long. thanks sue long

        <frances_lambert2000@...> wrote:

        > I have a Pearl Sharp b: 22 nov 1904 She married my dads bother
        Lewis
        > Johnson on the 10 feb 1936 If anyone has info on her please let me
        > know . She had a brother Lois Sharp. they may have been raised by
        > grandmother.
        >
        > --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, clay gullatt
        > <blackcloud27030@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Sue
        > >
        > > Found nothing on Amos or Rubean.
        > >
        > > Becky A. Sharp m. Thomas W. Hass 08 May 1897 Jackson Co. by
        Justice
        > of the Peace J. W. Shelton OS Page 396
        > >
        > > 1920 Tupelo Jackson Co. AL
        > >
        > > House 128 Family 128
        > > Thomas W. Haas Head 51 AL AL AL Farmer
        > > Rebecca A. Wife 39 AL AL AL Labor Home Farm
        > > Thomas W. Son 20 Labor Home Farm All the children b. AL
        > > Della M. Dau 14 Labor Home Farm
        > > Josie B. Dau 12 Labor Home Farm
        > > Emma A. Dau 9
        > > William S. Son 7
        > > George F. 4yrs 4months Son
        > > Francis L. Dau
        > >
        > > He is indexed as Thomas W. Kaas and is living next door to:
        > >
        > > House 129 Family 129
        > > Jacob B. Sharp Head 69 AL NC AL Farmer
        > > Polina J. Wife 68 AL AL AL
        > > Sarah M. Tidwell Dau 20 AL AL AL (note: this age matches Susan
        E.
        > from the 1900 Sarah A.would have been 33)
        > >
        > > House 130 Family 130
        > > William W. Sharp Head 26 AL AL AL Farmer
        > > Flora M. Wife 20 AL AL AL
        > >
        > > This is my Sharp connection I do not know who this William
        Sharps's
        > parents were so don't know his connection to your Sharps. Emma was
        of
        > my Greatgreatuncle Thomas J. Gullatt's line, either a granddau or
        > greatgrandau.
        > >
        > > William Sharp m. Emma Gullatte (Gullatt) 13 Nov 1898 Jackson Co.
        > Minister of the Gospel M. Hill OS Page 51.
        > >
        > > 1900 Pct 21 (all outside Scottsboro) Jackson Co. AL
        > > House 141 Family 142
        > > William Sharp Head Mar 1879 21 mar.1yr AL AL AL Farmer
        > > Emma Wife Sept 1882 17 mar.1yr 1Child/1 Living AL AL AL
        > > Gordon A. Son May 1900 0 months AL AL AL
        > >
        > > Clay

      • Mary Winn
        Message 3 of 29 , Mar 14 7:23 AM
          Clay, thank you for the info on Douglass Sharp. This was not my Douglass
          Sharp though. I think Mary Morris married him later in life than 1930. She
          had a first husband and several children with him. This might by my Doug
          Sharp, but with a first wife.

          Thank you for checking.

          Mary Winn Anderson

          Message 4 of 29 , Mar 14 7:54 AM
            Sue I founda a Rosa M Johnson born abt 1913 had a second cousin
            named Oscar Earl Johnson born 25 oct 1910 I have no info on who she
            married shows that he married Ruby Mae Bellomy. Could this be them?
            Frances

            --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, SUE LONG <columbu3@...>
            wrote:

> [...]
            > > > Flora M. Wife 20 AL AL AL
            > > >
            > > > This is my Sharp connection I do not know who this William
            > Sharps's
            > > parents were so don't know his connection to your Sharps. Emma
            was
            > of
            > > my Greatgreatuncle Thomas J. Gullatt's line, either a granddau or
            > > greatgrandau.
            > > >
            > > > William Sharp m. Emma Gullatte (Gullatt) 13 Nov 1898 Jackson
            Co.
            > > Minister of the Gospel M. Hill OS Page 51.
            > > >
            > > > 1900 Pct 21 (all outside Scottsboro) Jackson Co. AL
            > > > House 141 Family 142
            > > > William Sharp Head Mar 1879 21 mar.1yr AL AL AL Farmer
            > > > Emma Wife Sept 1882 17 mar.1yr 1Child/1 Living AL AL AL
            > > > Gordon A. Son May 1900 0 months AL AL AL
            > > >
            > > > Clay

            > American family home insurance American family home
            insurance company American family home owner insurance Multi
            family home for sale Single family home for sale Family home
            finance

            Service.

            > ---------------------------------

          • SUE LONG
            Message 5 of 29 , Mar 14 11:03 AM
              Frances
              Our Rosie was born 2/ 27/1904 she died in 9/9/1967, i'm not sure if it is are not she first married Monroe Lincoln Fowler.after hie death she married Earl an at his death she married Tommy Newsome.she had 3 childern by fowler 2 boys an 1 girl Pollye T Fowler
              Albert Fowler, Monroe Lincoln Fowler jr,
              This is my husband's side of the family have not learned about her parents or brothers asisters if eny, thanks for your help God bless

              Sue

              Message 6 of 29 , Mar 14 5:03 PM
                Sue

                1910 Pct 17 Trenton Jackson Co. AL

                House 2 Family 2
                James A. Johnson Head 43 Mar.Once 21yrs AL AL AL Farmer
                Harriet Wife 35 Mar.Once 21 yrs 8Child/4Living AL AL AL
                Rosa L. Dau 6 AL AL AL
                Alva Son 4 AL AL AL
                Felix 3 Son AL AL AL

                I think this is the same family on the 1900 Census.

                1900 Hunt Store Jackson Co. AL

                House 64 Family 65
                James W. Johnson Head 36 Mar.10yrs TN NC TN Farmer
                Harriet C. Wife Jul 1869 Mar10yrs 5Child/4Living TN NC NC
                Rosie V. Dau Nov 1890 AL TN TN
                Paulina E. Dau May 1893 7 AL TN TN
                Edner B. Dau Jan 1895 5 AL TN TN
                James W. Jr. Son Jan 1898 1 AL TN TN

                I know the middle intials are different and there would be two daughters named Rosa. It was not unusal for a family to give more than one child the same name if the first one died. One of my greatmothersX6 back in early 1700s VA named a daughter Mary threes times she wanted a Mary so bad. From the above 1910 census all of these children died except one, probably Paulina E. and she must have married by 1910. Two of James and Harriet's children Rosa and Felix said their father was born in TN. One thing about the census is you don't know who is giving the answers or if they are correct.

                J. W. Johnson m. Harriet Ellen Olinger 11 Aug 1889 Jackson Co. AL Justice of the Peace R. H. Skelton OS Page 468

                1920 South Fork Rd. Bishop, Jackson Co. AL

                House 31 Family 32
                James Johnson Head 53 AL AL AL Farmer
                Dixie M. Wife 47 AL AL AL
                Healene??? 16 AL AL AL (this has to be Rosa)
                Alvia Son 12 AL AL AL
                Felix Son 10 AL AL AL
                Ferd Son 4yrs ??months AL AL AL
                Della Dau 1yr 2months AL AL AL

                1920 Fowler Cove Rd Bishop, Jackson Co. AL

                House 6 Family 7
                Monroe L. Fowler Head 41 Wd AL AL AL Farmer
                Ernest Son 16 AL AL AL
                Joe W. Son 12
                Frank E. Son 10
                Delbert Son 8
                Della Dau 5
                Thelma Dau 3yrs ??months
                Ennis 2yrs 1month

                1930 Fowler Cove Rd. Bishop Jackson Co. AL

                House 57 Family 57
                Monroe L. Fowler Head 48 age@1stmar.18 AL AL NC Farmer
                Rosa Wife 27 age@1stMar.18 AL TN AL
                Delbert Son 18 AL AL AL Lab. Farm
                Della O. Dau 14
                Thelma Dau 13
                Ena Son 12 (Ennis)
                Polly T. Dau 7
                Albert Son 4yrs 10months
                Junior Son 1yr 5months

                The Johnsons and Fowlers lived near each other on the 1920 census.

                1930 4th Civil Dist. Franklin Co. TN

                House 287 Family 299
                Felix Johnson Head 20 Age@1stmar 18 AL TN AL
                Ethel Wife 19 Age@1mar.16 2Child/2Living Al AL AL
                Grace J. Dau 2yrs 8months AL AL AL
                Christine Dau 3months AL AL AL

                Have more on the Fowlers if your husband wants it. The Olingers first appear on the 1900 Jackson Co. Census. Have not found James Johnson on the 1880 in TN, he was not in Jackson Co.

                Monroe's father was Asa D. Fowler b. 1848 AL and his grandfather was Ferman/Furman Fowler b. 1794 SC he appears first on the 1830 Jackson Co. Census. Furman first patented land in Jackson Co. in 1831, 1 in 1858 and 2 in 1860, you can go to the BLM GLO website and download a copy of his original patents.

                Asa D. Fowler m. Dubby E. Lee 25 May 1873 Jackson Co. AL Justice of the Peace John Sanders OS Page 218

              • SUE LONG

                    Message 9 of 29 , Mar 21 4:04 PM
                      Sue, I'm interested in your great grandmother Pelinna J. Venable Sharp. I
                      have a Jeanette Venable on the 1900 Franklin Co. census , she is the
                      daughter of Georgie Green and Simon Venable. Georgie is the daughter of
                      Mary Landess and Townsend Porter Green Mary Landess is the daughter of
                      Grace Thompson and Henry Harmon Landess and a sister to my great grandfather
                      Joseph Thompson Landess. Is there any connection? Thanks, Frances Landess
                      Sadler
                      Message 10 of 29 , Mar 22 4:31 AM
                        Hi Frances
                        I really an truthful could not tell you.I don't know a whole lot about them but i do know her parents was Caroline an Phillip Venable there was a Jonas where it was a son or brother never was clear I think she had a brother name Thomsa Venable that lived at Woodville cause I can remember going to his house when i was a child.
                        I would like to learn more about this family too so I can pass it on to my children an gchildren. Good luck we are going to need it looks like, God bless you all..
                        Sue

                      • SUE LONG
                        Message 11 of 29 , Aug 8, 2006
                          Dear Frances
                          I 'm not sure if they are related are not, Did your Simon have a brother named Phillip ? if he did then we are related my dad always said that Thomas Venable
                          of Woodville was my great uncle, the only thing i know is what has been handed down over the years an that is they came from missiour to alabama in the 1800.by covered wagon, do no that there a picture of them that my anut ethel sharp downs had of them but where it wernt after her death there is no telling,
                          Pelinna 's parents are Phillip an Caroline Venable there was also a picture of Jones
                          Venable i don't know if it was her brother or a uncle that was never clear,I would like to learn more about them too . but I'm sure that as u know if families don't talk about the older one then the younger people done learn about them right,
                          Well I hope this help u out,

                        • SUE LONG
                          Message 12 of 29 , Aug 17, 2006
                            Frances
                            Did your Simon have a brother named Phillip if so we may be kin.cause Phillip was Pelinna's father her Mother is Caroline maiden name unknow.
                            What ever u have I would love to here more about these people. i know there is alot of stories that are un heard.