JOHNSON & EVANS FAMILY CONNECTIONS AND QUESTIONS

  • jmje36@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 13 8:55 AM
      Dear List,

      I am seeking information on Eva Jane Evans, b. @ 1851/1852  prob. Jackson Co.
      AL who married Thomas Monroe Johnson on 5 Sept. 1869 in Texas Co. MO.  Thomas
      and "Eva" show on the 1870 Texas Co. MO census, pg. 473.   Thomas Monroe was
      s/o Francis Justice Johnson & wife, Nancy Clark.  But, who is Eva Jane Evans?

      When you check the 1860 census for Phelps County MO, there is a John P. Evans
      and wife, Sarah (Gay).  They have migrated to the Spring Creek area from
      Jackson Co. AL (1850) to Hopkins Co. TX (1860) and on to Phelps Co. MO by
      1870.
      In the 1860 census, there is a child, Jane Evans, age 8, b. AL in the HH of
      John P. Evans.  She is not in the Evans HH in 1870 census.  I believe this
      young
      wife of Thomas Monroe Johnson is a d/o John P. Evans.  There are other
      marriages between these two extended Johnson and Evans families.  Many of
      them
      migrated from Jackson Co. AL to Texas and Phelps Counties from @ 1840-1860.

      Does anybody out there have any information on Eva Jane Evans?  Does anybody
      know her burial spot?   She must have died as Thomas Monroe Johnson remarried
      to Felissa Davidson on 17 Aug 1873.  Thomas & Felissa  migrate to Grayson Co.
      TX by 1880 census.

      Always willing to exc. info to benefit each researcher.

      Regards,  Judy in TX

    • kathy edwards
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 14 5:21 AM
        I guess you need mostly info from Hopkins Co., TX.
        Do they have a county query board where you can post?
        You can list bros/sist if you know them.

        >From: jmje36@...
        >To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [jacksongenealogy] JOHNSON & EVANS FAMILY CONNECTIONS AND
        >QUESTIONS
        >Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 11:55:31 EST
        >

        >Dear List,
        >
        >I am seeking information on Eva Jane Evans, b. @ 1851/1852� prob. Jackson
        >Co.
        >AL who married Thomas Monroe Johnson on 5 Sept. 1869 in Texas Co. MO.�
        >Thomas
        >and "Eva" show on the 1870 Texas Co. MO census, pg. 473.�� Thomas Monroe
        >was
        >s/o Francis Justice Johnson & wife, Nancy Clark.� But, who is Eva Jane
        >Evans?
        >
        >When you check the 1860 census for Phelps County MO, there is a John P.
        >Evans
        >and wife, Sarah (Gay).� They have migrated to the Spring Creek area from
        >Jackson Co. AL (1850) to Hopkins Co. TX (1860) and on to Phelps Co. MO by
        >1870.��
        >In the 1860 census, there is a child, Jane Evans, age 8, b. AL in the HH of
        >John P. Evans.� She is not in the Evans HH in 1870 census.� I believe this
        >young
        >wife of Thomas Monroe Johnson is a d/o John P. Evans.� There are other
        >marriages between these two extended Johnson and Evans families.� Many of
        >them
        >migrated from Jackson Co. AL to Texas and Phelps Counties from @ 1840-1860.
        >
        >Does anybody out there have any information on Eva Jane Evans?� Does
        >anybody
        >know her burial spot?�� She must have died as Thomas Monroe Johnson
        >remarried
        >to Felissa Davidson on 17 Aug 1873.� Thomas & Felissa� migrate to Grayson
        >Co.
        >TX by 1880 census.
        >
        >Always willing to exc. info to benefit each researcher.
        >
        >Regards,� Judy in TX

      • danny evans