Re: [jacksongenealogy] Re: . SHARP

    Message 1 of 29 , Mar 12, 2006
      Frances

      They are of the same Joel Sharp line I have been posting on. Lois and Pearl's father was Benjamin James E. Sharp son of Benjamin and Mary (Thompson) Sharp, their other son Andrew J. was listed as single on all the census.

      B.R. Sharp m. Mary Thompson 15 Jan 1890 Jackson Co. AL by Minister of the Gospel W. C. Prince OS Page 533

      See the 1900 info for Benjamin R. Sharp that I posted.

      1920 Scottsboro, Jackson Co. AL
      B.R. Sharp Head 51 AL AL L Farmer
      Mary Wife 54 AL AL AL
      Andrew Son 21 Single AL AL AL Laborer Home Farm
      Martha Jane Dau 16 AL AL AL
      Lois Grandson 7 AL AL AL
      Pearl Granddau 4yrs 10months AL AL AL

      1930 Tupelo Jackson Co. AL
      Benjamin R. Sharp Head 56 Age@1stMar.19 AL NC AL Farmer
      Mary Wife 58 Age@1stMar.21 AL AL AL
      Andrew J. Son 31 Single AL AL AL Lab. Home Farm
      Lois P. Grandson 16 AL AL KY Lab. Home Farm
      Lora P. Granddau. 14 AL AL KY

      1910 Tupelo Jackson Co. AL
      House 147 Family 151
      Benjamin R. Sharp Head 42 mar.once 21yrs AL AL AL Farmer
      Mary Wife 45 mar.once21yrs AL AL AL
      Andrew J. Son 9 AL AL AL
      Martha J.Dau 5 AL AL AL

      This I believe this is Benjamin James E. Sharp and his wife living not to far from his parents.

      1910 Tupelo Jackson Co. AL
      House 135 Family 139
      Edward Sharp Head 17 mar.0yrs AL AL AL Farmer
      Evala Wife 16 mar.0yrs TN US US Farm Lab.

      Ed Sharp died 03 May 1917 Jackson Co. AL Vol 18 Roll 2 Page 166

      No entry for his wife.

      They must have died during the great Spanish Flu Epidemic.

    • Mary Winn
      Message 2 of 29 , Mar 13, 2006
        I have a couple of Sharps listed in my database. These are my husband's
        relatives--

        Douglass Sharp (no info) m Mary Morris b. 4/21/1916, d. 10/21/2002,
        Franklin Co., TN

        Joe Wheeler Sharp (no info) m. Winnie Susan Anderson, b 1888, d. 1973,
        Jackson Co., AL.

        Regards,
        Mary Winn Anderson
        Message 3 of 29 , Mar 13, 2006
          Thanks clay I would go see Pearl a lot before she died. I have a few
          pictures of her. I knew her brother Lois too.
          Frances

          Message 4 of 29 , Mar 13, 2006
            Mary

            Don't know if this is your Douglass Sharp or not.

            1930 Lincoln Co. TN
            Earnest Sharp Head 34 mar.20yrs AL AL AL Farmer
            Margaret Wife 34 mar.20yrs TN TN TN
            Douglass Son 13 AL AL TN Farm Lab.
            Lawrence Son 10 AL AL TN
            Hallice Son 8 AL AL TN
            Lillian Dau 6 AL AL TN
            Lewis 0months TN AL TN
            Loise 0months TN AL TN

            Nothing on Mary Morris.

            Following is on Joseph Wheeler Sharp and his relatives.

            1900 Hollywood, Jackson Co. AL

            House 252 Family 252
            William Sharp Head Jan 1853 47 Wd AL AL NC Farm
            George Son Mar 1881 19 AL AL AL Farm Lab
            Frank Son Apr 1883 17 AL AL AL Farm Lab
            Wheeler Son May 1885 15 AL AL AL Farm Lab (note: Indexed as Wheeles)
            Parthina Dau Apr 1892 8 AL AL AL
            Robert Son Jun 1889 5 AL AL AL
            Shabz Sharp Mother Jun 1821 79 Wd NC AL AL

            I think that Mary Emma Gullatt who married James William Sharp belongs with this line.

            !900 Scottsboro, Jackson Co. AL
            House 23 Family 23
            William Sharp Head Mar 1879 21 AL AL AL Farmer
            Emma Sep 1882 17 AL AL AL (Mary Emma Gullatt)
            Gordon A. May 1900 0months AL AL AL

            1860 Township 3 Range 6East Jackson Co. AL

            Shaba Sharp 32 Laborer AL
            Mary M. 6 AL
            William 3 AL

            A. J. Taylor m. Shebe Sharpe 07 May 1861 Jackson Co. AL Justice of the Peace J. C. Tinney OS Page 134

            I think this is the same William Sharp.

            William H. Sharp m. Margaret Steward Jackson Co. AL 04 Jun 1877 Justice of the Peace Z. C. Kennemer OS Page 86

            Wm. Henry Sharp d. Jackson Co. Nov 1927 Vol 45 Roll 2 Page 22304

            J.W. Sharp d. 31 May 1948 Jackson Co.AL Vol 2 Cert. 12777 Roll 4

            1910 Tupelo 13 Pct. Jackson Co. AL

            Joseph W. Sharp Head 22 Mar.Once 5yr AL AL AL Farmer
            Susie Wife 20 Mar.Once 5yr 2Child/2Living AL AL AL
            Otis Son 3 AL AL AL
            ???? F. Son 9months AL AL AL

            1910 Hollywood, Jackson Co. AL
            House 214 Family 219
            William Sharp 56 Mar.2 10yrs AL AL AL Laborer Slat Mill
            Nannie Wife 35 Mar.3 10yrs 4Child/3Living AL AL AL
            Verna Dau 7
            G. Albert Son 4
            Parlee Dau 2

            House 12 Family 12
            J. William Sharp 28 mar.once 11 yrs AL AL AL Laborer Slat Mill
            Emma 27 mar.one 11yrs 3Child/3Living AL AL AL This is Mary Emma Gullatt)
            Gordon Son 9
            Roy Son 5
            Clamie W. son 2

            1910 Tupelo Jackson Co. AL

            House 3 Family 3
            Joseph W. Sharp Head 22 mar.once 5yrs AL AL AL Farmer
            Susie Wife 20 mar.once 5yrs 2Child/2Living AL AL AL
            Otis Son 3
            ???? F. Son 9months

            1920 Scottsboro Pct, Jackson Co. AL

            House 105 Family 106
            Wheeler Sharp Head 32 Farmer
            Susie Wife 30
            Odis Son 13
            Frank Son 10
            Ollie Dau 7
            Howard Son 5
            Grady Son 0months

            House 106 Family 107
            Frank Sharp Head 34 Farmer
            Almytie Wife 30
            Birdie Dau 13
            Gladis Dau 9
            Stella Dau 2yrs 8months

            1920 Hollywood Jackson Co. AL

            House 375 Family 388
            William Sharp 63 Farmer
            Nanie Wife 44
            Virnie Dau 17
            Albert Son 14 Farm Lab
            Parlee Dau 12
            Hermon Son 6
            Rosa Dau 4yrs 3months

            House 335 Family 335
            Will Sharp 41 Farmer
            Emma 38 (Emma Gullatt)
            Gordon Son 19 Farm Lab
            Virgle Son 14 Farm Lab
            Clama? Son 11
            Homer Son 8
            Claude Son 5
            Thurman Son 2yrs 3months

            1930 Beat 7 Pct 21 Scottsboro, Jackson Co. AL

            House 150 Family 154
            Wheeler Sharp 44 Age@1stMar.18 Farmer
            Susie 43 Age@1stMar. 17
            Frank Son 21 Farmer
            Ollie M. Dau 18
            Joe Son 15
            Grady Son 11
            Helen Dau 6
            Margaret Dayu 3yrs ??months

            House 150 Family 155
            Otis Sharp Head 23 Age@1stmar. 20 Lab.Farm
            Kate Wife 20 Age@1stMar. 17
            Edith Dau 1yr ??months
            Bettie J. 3months

            House 151 Family 156
            W. Frank Sharp 46 Lab Gen. Farm
            Almeda?? 46
            Stella Dau 12
            Myrtle Dau 8
            Annie Robinson Mother in Law 79 Wd. AL AL AL

            1930 Hollywood Jackson Co. AL

            Hoouse 23 Family 23
            James W. (William) Sharp 50 Age@1stMar.20 Farmer
            Mary E.(Emma Gullatt) 45 Age@1stMar.17
            Homer Son 19 Farm Lab
            Claud Son 15
            Therman Son 12

            House 25 Family 25
            Gordon A. Sharp 29 Age@1stMar.19 Farmer
            Pearl Age@1stMar.17
            Anna R. Dau 7
            Rosa L. Dau 4

            Could not find the elder William Sharp his wife or the younger children on the 1930.

            Some of the Sharps just disappear from the 1870 and 1880 census have not found them in any state.

          • SUE LONG
            Message 5 of 29 , Mar 13, 2006
              you are a wonder you have uncovered my side of the Sharp family, Jacob B an Pelinna J Venable Sharp is my great grandparents they are the parents of William Will Sharp this is my father James William Lecial Sharp better know as Buddy Sharp.
              Rebecca Alice Sharp an Thomas W.Hass is my great grand parents too their daughter Francis Lorriane Hass is my grandmother on my mother'sRebecca Mae Carter side Francis married Hester Carter of Gntersville Al.want to know more i will send it to u thanks Sue

              William W married Flora Mae West daughter of John K West (JK)an Sarah maiden name unknown

              <blackcloud27030@...> wrote:

              > Sue
              >
              > Found nothing on Amos or Rubean.
              >
              > Becky A. Sharp m. Thomas W. Hass 08 May 1897 Jackson Co. by Justice
              of the Peace J. W. Shelton OS Page 396

              > 1920 Tupelo Jackson Co. AL
              >
              > House 128 Family 128
              > Thomas W. Haas Head 51 AL AL AL Farmer
              > Rebecca A. Wife 39 AL AL AL Labor Home Farm
              > Thomas W. Son 20 Labor Home Farm All the children b. AL
              > Della M. Dau 14 Labor Home Farm
              > Josie B. Dau 12 Labor Home Farm
              > Emma A. Dau 9
              > William S. Son 7
              > George F. 4yrs 4months Son
              > Francis L. Dau
              >
              > He is indexed as Thomas W. Kaas and is living next door to:
              >
              > House 129 Family 129
              > Jacob B. Sharp Head 69 AL NC AL Farmer
              > Polina J. Wife 68 AL AL AL
              > Sarah M. Tidwell Dau 20 AL AL AL (note: this age matches Susan E.
              from the 1900 Sarah A.would have been 33)

              > House 130 Family 130
              > William W. Sharp Head 26 AL AL AL Farmer
              > Flora M. Wife 20 AL AL AL
              >
              > This is my Sharp connection I do not know who this William Sharps's
              parents were so don't know his connection to your Sharps. Emma was of
              my Greatgreatuncle Thomas J. Gullatt's line, either a granddau or
              greatgrandau.

              > William Sharp m. Emma Gullatte (Gullatt) 13 Nov 1898 Jackson Co.
              Minister of the Gospel M. Hill OS Page 51.

              > 1900 Pct 21 (all outside Scottsboro) Jackson Co. AL
              > House 141 Family 142
              > William Sharp Head Mar 1879 21 mar.1yr AL AL AL Farmer
              > Emma Wife Sept 1882 17 mar.1yr 1Child/1 Living AL AL AL
              > Gordon A. Son May 1900 0 months AL AL AL
              >
              > Clay

            • frances_lambert2000
              Message 6 of 29 , Mar 13, 2006
                Sorry I posted the wrong birth date for Pearl (Sharp) Johnson should
                have been 18 feb 1915 death 25 sep 1997 buried Pisgah Cem. Married
                Lewis Johnson on the 10 feb 1936 in Scottsboro Al. Lewis was born 22
                sep 1908 died 7 sep 1981 they had two children.

                --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "frances_lambert2000"
                <frances_lambert2000@...> wrote:

                > I have a Pearl Sharp b: 22 nov 1904 She married my dads bother
                Lewis
                > Johnson on the 10 feb 1936 If anyone has info on her please let me
                > know . She had a brother Lois Sharp. they may have been raised by
                > grandmother.
                >
                > --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, clay gullatt
                > <blackcloud27030@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Sue
                > >
                > > Found nothing on Amos or Rubean.
                > >
                > > Becky A. Sharp m. Thomas W. Hass 08 May 1897 Jackson Co. by
                Justice
                > of the Peace J. W. Shelton OS Page 396
                > >
                > > 1920 Tupelo Jackson Co. AL
                > >
                > > House 128 Family 128
                > > Thomas W. Haas Head 51 AL AL AL Farmer
                > > Rebecca A. Wife 39 AL AL AL Labor Home Farm
                > > Thomas W. Son 20 Labor Home Farm All the children b. AL
                > > Della M. Dau 14 Labor Home Farm
                > > Josie B. Dau 12 Labor Home Farm
                > > Emma A. Dau 9
                > > William S. Son 7
                > > George F. 4yrs 4months Son
                > > Francis L. Dau
                > >
                > > He is indexed as Thomas W. Kaas and is living next door to:
                > >
                > > House 129 Family 129
                > > Jacob B. Sharp Head 69 AL NC AL Farmer
                > > Polina J. Wife 68 AL AL AL
                > > Sarah M. Tidwell Dau 20 AL AL AL (note: this age matches Susan
                E.
                > from the 1900 Sarah A.would have been 33)
                > >
                > > House 130 Family 130
                > > William W. Sharp Head 26 AL AL AL Farmer
                > > Flora M. Wife 20 AL AL AL
                > >
                > > This is my Sharp connection I do not know who this William
                Sharps's
                > parents were so don't know his connection to your Sharps. Emma was
                of
                > my Greatgreatuncle Thomas J. Gullatt's line, either a granddau or
                > greatgrandau.
                > >
                > > William Sharp m. Emma Gullatte (Gullatt) 13 Nov 1898 Jackson Co.
                > Minister of the Gospel M. Hill OS Page 51.
                > >
                > > 1900 Pct 21 (all outside Scottsboro) Jackson Co. AL
                > > House 141 Family 142
                > > William Sharp Head Mar 1879 21 mar.1yr AL AL AL Farmer
                > > Emma Wife Sept 1882 17 mar.1yr 1Child/1 Living AL AL AL
                > > Gordon A. Son May 1900 0 months AL AL AL
                > >
                > > Clay

              • SUE LONG
                Message 7 of 29 , Mar 13, 2006
                  hi frances
                  i was wondering if this lewis johnson was kin to rosie johnson who married linclon fowler.she was last married to her second cousin earl johnson this is my husband's
                  grandparents his mother was pollye t fowler who married euwing long. thanks sue long

                  <frances_lambert2000@...> wrote:

                  > I have a Pearl Sharp b: 22 nov 1904 She married my dads bother
                  Lewis
                  > Johnson on the 10 feb 1936 If anyone has info on her please let me
                  > know . She had a brother Lois Sharp. they may have been raised by
                  > grandmother.
                  >
                  > --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, clay gullatt
                  > <blackcloud27030@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Sue
                  > >
                  > > Found nothing on Amos or Rubean.
                  > >
                  > > Becky A. Sharp m. Thomas W. Hass 08 May 1897 Jackson Co. by
                  Justice
                  > of the Peace J. W. Shelton OS Page 396
                  > >
                  > > 1920 Tupelo Jackson Co. AL
                  > >
                  > > House 128 Family 128
                  > > Thomas W. Haas Head 51 AL AL AL Farmer
                  > > Rebecca A. Wife 39 AL AL AL Labor Home Farm
                  > > Thomas W. Son 20 Labor Home Farm All the children b. AL
                  > > Della M. Dau 14 Labor Home Farm
                  > > Josie B. Dau 12 Labor Home Farm
                  > > Emma A. Dau 9
                  > > William S. Son 7
                  > > George F. 4yrs 4months Son
                  > > Francis L. Dau
                  > >
                  > > He is indexed as Thomas W. Kaas and is living next door to:
                  > >
                  > > House 129 Family 129
                  > > Jacob B. Sharp Head 69 AL NC AL Farmer
                  > > Polina J. Wife 68 AL AL AL
                  > > Sarah M. Tidwell Dau 20 AL AL AL (note: this age matches Susan
                  E.
                  > from the 1900 Sarah A.would have been 33)
                  > >
                  > > House 130 Family 130
                  > > William W. Sharp Head 26 AL AL AL Farmer
                  > > Flora M. Wife 20 AL AL AL
                  > >
                  > > This is my Sharp connection I do not know who this William
                  Sharps's
                  > parents were so don't know his connection to your Sharps. Emma was
                  of
                  > my Greatgreatuncle Thomas J. Gullatt's line, either a granddau or
                  > greatgrandau.
                  > >
                  > > William Sharp m. Emma Gullatte (Gullatt) 13 Nov 1898 Jackson Co.
                  > Minister of the Gospel M. Hill OS Page 51.
                  > >
                  > > 1900 Pct 21 (all outside Scottsboro) Jackson Co. AL
                  > > House 141 Family 142
                  > > William Sharp Head Mar 1879 21 mar.1yr AL AL AL Farmer
                  > > Emma Wife Sept 1882 17 mar.1yr 1Child/1 Living AL AL AL
                  > > Gordon A. Son May 1900 0 months AL AL AL
                  > >
                  > > Clay

                • Mary Winn
                  Message 8 of 29 , Mar 14, 2006
                    Clay, thank you for the info on Douglass Sharp. This was not my Douglass
                    Sharp though. I think Mary Morris married him later in life than 1930. She
                    had a first husband and several children with him. This might by my Doug
                    Sharp, but with a first wife.

                    Thank you for checking.

                    Mary Winn Anderson

> [...]
                    >
                    > House 151 Family 156
                    > W. Frank Sharp 46 Lab Gen. Farm
                    > Almeda?? 46
                    > Stella Dau 12
                    > Myrtle Dau 8
                    > Annie Robinson Mother in Law 79 Wd. AL AL AL
                    >
                    > 1930 Hollywood Jackson Co. AL
                    >
                    > Hoouse 23 Family 23
                    > James W. (William) Sharp 50 Age@1stMar.20 Farmer
                    > Mary E.(Emma Gullatt) 45 Age@1stMar.17
                    > Homer Son 19 Farm Lab
                    > Claud Son 15
                    > Therman Son 12
                    >
                    > House 25 Family 25
                    > Gordon A. Sharp 29 Age@1stMar.19 Farmer
                    > Pearl Age@1stMar.17
                    > Anna R. Dau 7
                    > Rosa L. Dau 4
                    >
                    > Could not find the elder William Sharp his wife or the younger children on
                    > the 1930.
                    >
                    > Some of the Sharps just disappear from the 1870 and 1880 census have not

                  • frances_lambert2000
                    Message 9 of 29 , Mar 14, 2006
                      Sue I founda a Rosa M Johnson born abt 1913 had a second cousin
                      named Oscar Earl Johnson born 25 oct 1910 I have no info on who she
                      married shows that he married Ruby Mae Bellomy. Could this be them?
                      Frances

                      --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, SUE LONG <columbu3@...>
                      wrote:

> [...]
                      > > > Flora M. Wife 20 AL AL AL
                      > > >
                      > > > This is my Sharp connection I do not know who this William
                      > Sharps's
                      > > parents were so don't know his connection to your Sharps. Emma
                      was
                      > of
                      > > my Greatgreatuncle Thomas J. Gullatt's line, either a granddau or
                      > > greatgrandau.
                      > > >
                      > > > William Sharp m. Emma Gullatte (Gullatt) 13 Nov 1898 Jackson
                      Co.
                      > > Minister of the Gospel M. Hill OS Page 51.
                      > > >
                      > > > 1900 Pct 21 (all outside Scottsboro) Jackson Co. AL
                      > > > House 141 Family 142
                      > > > William Sharp Head Mar 1879 21 mar.1yr AL AL AL Farmer
                      > > > Emma Wife Sept 1882 17 mar.1yr 1Child/1 Living AL AL AL
                      > > > Gordon A. Son May 1900 0 months AL AL AL
                      > > >
                      > > > Clay

                      > American family home insurance American family home
                      insurance company American family home owner insurance Multi
                      family home for sale Single family home for sale Family home
                      finance

                      Service.

                      > ---------------------------------

                    • SUE LONG
                      Message 10 of 29 , Mar 14, 2006
                        Frances
                        Our Rosie was born 2/ 27/1904 she died in 9/9/1967, i'm not sure if it is are not she first married Monroe Lincoln Fowler.after hie death she married Earl an at his death she married Tommy Newsome.she had 3 childern by fowler 2 boys an 1 girl Pollye T Fowler
                        Albert Fowler, Monroe Lincoln Fowler jr,
                        This is my husband's side of the family have not learned about her parents or brothers asisters if eny, thanks for your help God bless

                        Sue

                        Message 11 of 29 , Mar 14, 2006
                          Sue

                          1910 Pct 17 Trenton Jackson Co. AL

                          House 2 Family 2
                          James A. Johnson Head 43 Mar.Once 21yrs AL AL AL Farmer
                          Harriet Wife 35 Mar.Once 21 yrs 8Child/4Living AL AL AL
                          Rosa L. Dau 6 AL AL AL
                          Alva Son 4 AL AL AL
                          Felix 3 Son AL AL AL

                          I think this is the same family on the 1900 Census.

                          1900 Hunt Store Jackson Co. AL

                          House 64 Family 65
                          James W. Johnson Head 36 Mar.10yrs TN NC TN Farmer
                          Harriet C. Wife Jul 1869 Mar10yrs 5Child/4Living TN NC NC
                          Rosie V. Dau Nov 1890 AL TN TN
                          Paulina E. Dau May 1893 7 AL TN TN
                          Edner B. Dau Jan 1895 5 AL TN TN
                          James W. Jr. Son Jan 1898 1 AL TN TN

                          I know the middle intials are different and there would be two daughters named Rosa. It was not unusal for a family to give more than one child the same name if the first one died. One of my greatmothersX6 back in early 1700s VA named a daughter Mary threes times she wanted a Mary so bad. From the above 1910 census all of these children died except one, probably Paulina E. and she must have married by 1910. Two of James and Harriet's children Rosa and Felix said their father was born in TN. One thing about the census is you don't know who is giving the answers or if they are correct.

                          J. W. Johnson m. Harriet Ellen Olinger 11 Aug 1889 Jackson Co. AL Justice of the Peace R. H. Skelton OS Page 468

                          1920 South Fork Rd. Bishop, Jackson Co. AL

                          House 31 Family 32
                          James Johnson Head 53 AL AL AL Farmer
                          Dixie M. Wife 47 AL AL AL
                          Healene??? 16 AL AL AL (this has to be Rosa)
                          Alvia Son 12 AL AL AL
                          Felix Son 10 AL AL AL
                          Ferd Son 4yrs ??months AL AL AL
                          Della Dau 1yr 2months AL AL AL

                          1920 Fowler Cove Rd Bishop, Jackson Co. AL

                          House 6 Family 7
                          Monroe L. Fowler Head 41 Wd AL AL AL Farmer
                          Ernest Son 16 AL AL AL
                          Joe W. Son 12
                          Frank E. Son 10
                          Delbert Son 8
                          Della Dau 5
                          Thelma Dau 3yrs ??months
                          Ennis 2yrs 1month

                          1930 Fowler Cove Rd. Bishop Jackson Co. AL

                          House 57 Family 57
                          Monroe L. Fowler Head 48 age@1stmar.18 AL AL NC Farmer
                          Rosa Wife 27 age@1stMar.18 AL TN AL
                          Delbert Son 18 AL AL AL Lab. Farm
                          Della O. Dau 14
                          Thelma Dau 13
                          Ena Son 12 (Ennis)
                          Polly T. Dau 7
                          Albert Son 4yrs 10months
                          Junior Son 1yr 5months

                          The Johnsons and Fowlers lived near each other on the 1920 census.

                          1930 4th Civil Dist. Franklin Co. TN

                          House 287 Family 299
                          Felix Johnson Head 20 Age@1stmar 18 AL TN AL
                          Ethel Wife 19 Age@1mar.16 2Child/2Living Al AL AL
                          Grace J. Dau 2yrs 8months AL AL AL
                          Christine Dau 3months AL AL AL

                          Have more on the Fowlers if your husband wants it. The Olingers first appear on the 1900 Jackson Co. Census. Have not found James Johnson on the 1880 in TN, he was not in Jackson Co.

                          Monroe's father was Asa D. Fowler b. 1848 AL and his grandfather was Ferman/Furman Fowler b. 1794 SC he appears first on the 1830 Jackson Co. Census. Furman first patented land in Jackson Co. in 1831, 1 in 1858 and 2 in 1860, you can go to the BLM GLO website and download a copy of his original patents.

                          Asa D. Fowler m. Dubby E. Lee 25 May 1873 Jackson Co. AL Justice of the Peace John Sanders OS Page 218

                        • SUE LONG

                              Message 14 of 29 , Mar 21, 2006
                                Sue, I'm interested in your great grandmother Pelinna J. Venable Sharp. I
                                have a Jeanette Venable on the 1900 Franklin Co. census , she is the
                                daughter of Georgie Green and Simon Venable. Georgie is the daughter of
                                Mary Landess and Townsend Porter Green Mary Landess is the daughter of
                                Grace Thompson and Henry Harmon Landess and a sister to my great grandfather
                                Joseph Thompson Landess. Is there any connection? Thanks, Frances Landess
                                Sadler
                                > you are a wonder you have uncovered my side of the Sharp family,
                                Jacob B an Pelinna J Venable Sharp is my great grandparents they are the
                                parents of William Will Sharp this is my father James William Lecial Sharp
                                better know as Buddy Sharp.
                                > Rebecca Alice Sharp an Thomas W.Hass is my great grand parents too
                                their daughter Francis Lorriane Hass is my grandmother on my
                                mother'sRebecca Mae Carter side Francis married Hester Carter of Gntersville
                                Al.want to know more i will send it to u thanks Sue

                                > William W married Flora Mae West daughter of John K West (JK)an Sarah
                                maiden name unknown

                                > s_lambert2000@...> wrote:
                                > I have a Pearl Sharp b: 22 nov 1904 She married my dads bother Lewis
                                > Johnson on the 10 feb 1936 If anyone has info on her please let me
                                > know . She had a brother Lois Sharp. they may have been raised by
                                > grandmother.
                                >
                                > --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, clay gullatt
                                > <blackcloud27030@...> wrote:
                                > >
                                > > Sue
                                > >
                                > > Found nothing on Amos or Rubean.
                                > >
                                > > Becky A. Sharp m. Thomas W. Hass 08 May 1897 Jackson Co. by Justice
                                > of the Peace J. W. Shelton OS Page 396
                                > >
                                > > 1920 Tupelo Jackson Co. AL
                                > >
                                > > House 128 Family 128
                                > > Thomas W. Haas Head 51 AL AL AL Farmer
                                > > Rebecca A. Wife 39 AL AL AL Labor Home Farm
                                > > Thomas W. Son 20 Labor Home Farm All the children b. AL
                                > > Della M. Dau 14 Labor Home Farm
                                > > Josie B. Dau 12 Labor Home Farm
                                > > Emma A. Dau 9
                                > > William S. Son 7
                                > > George F. 4yrs 4months Son
                                > > Francis L. Dau
                                > >
                                > > He is indexed as Thomas W. Kaas and is living next door to:
                                > >
                                > > House 129 Family 129
                                > > Jacob B. Sharp Head 69 AL NC AL Farmer
                                > > Polina J. Wife 68 AL AL AL
                                > > Sarah M. Tidwell Dau 20 AL AL AL (note: this age matches Susan E.
                                > from the 1900 Sarah A.would have been 33)
                                > >
                                > > House 130 Family 130
                                > > William W. Sharp Head 26 AL AL AL Farmer
                                > > Flora M. Wife 20 AL AL AL
                                > >
                                > > This is my Sharp connection I do not know who this William Sharps's
                                > parents were so don't know his connection to your Sharps. Emma was of
                                > my Greatgreatuncle Thomas J. Gullatt's line, either a granddau or
                                > greatgrandau.
                                > >
                                > > William Sharp m. Emma Gullatte (Gullatt) 13 Nov 1898 Jackson Co.
                                > Minister of the Gospel M. Hill OS Page 51.
                                > >
                                > > 1900 Pct 21 (all outside Scottsboro) Jackson Co. AL
                                > > House 141 Family 142
                                > > William Sharp Head Mar 1879 21 mar.1yr AL AL AL Farmer
                                > > Emma Wife Sept 1882 17 mar.1yr 1Child/1 Living AL AL AL
                                > > Gordon A. Son May 1900 0 months AL AL AL
                                > >
                                > > Clay

                                > American family home insurance American family home insurance
                                company American family home owner insurance Multi family home for
                                sale Single family home for sale Family home finance

                                > ---------------------------------

                              • SUE LONG
                                Message 15 of 29 , Mar 22, 2006
                                  Hi Frances
                                  I really an truthful could not tell you.I don't know a whole lot about them but i do know her parents was Caroline an Phillip Venable there was a Jonas where it was a son or brother never was clear I think she had a brother name Thomsa Venable that lived at Woodville cause I can remember going to his house when i was a child.
                                  I would like to learn more about this family too so I can pass it on to my children an gchildren. Good luck we are going to need it looks like, God bless you all..
                                  Sue

                                • SUE LONG
                                  Message 16 of 29 , Aug 8, 2006
                                    Dear Frances
                                    I 'm not sure if they are related are not, Did your Simon have a brother named Phillip ? if he did then we are related my dad always said that Thomas Venable
                                    of Woodville was my great uncle, the only thing i know is what has been handed down over the years an that is they came from missiour to alabama in the 1800.by covered wagon, do no that there a picture of them that my anut ethel sharp downs had of them but where it wernt after her death there is no telling,
                                    Pelinna 's parents are Phillip an Caroline Venable there was also a picture of Jones
                                    Venable i don't know if it was her brother or a uncle that was never clear,I would like to learn more about them too . but I'm sure that as u know if families don't talk about the older one then the younger people done learn about them right,
                                    Well I hope this help u out,

                                  • SUE LONG
                                    Message 17 of 29 , Aug 17, 2006
                                      Frances
                                      Did your Simon have a brother named Phillip if so we may be kin.cause Phillip was Pelinna's father her Mother is Caroline maiden name unknow.
                                      What ever u have I would love to here more about these people. i know there is alot of stories that are un heard.