Keith Family

  • Robert Schneider
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 10, 2006
      Hi!

      For any of you out there researchsing the Keith
      family, I can tell you a couple of things. The George
      Keith who can be found in the 1830 Jackson County, AL
      census living next to John Carr, was from VA and very
      likely moved into Jackson County, AL from Jackson
      County, GA. His wife had the maidens name of Gamble,
      or Gambel or Gambol.

      I still suspect that this Keith family is connected to
      the Keith family which can be found in old Pendleton
      District, SC. These Keiths did move into various
      counties in GA such as Lincoln and Hall.

      My reason for following this Keith family is that they
      had connections with the Carr family and the Dent
      family. Their connections began at least in Jackson
      County, AL and continued into Pope County, IL.

      This info is from the marriage record of his son
      George W. Keith. His second marriage was recorded in
      Johnson County, IL in 1880.

      Robert Schneider