Re: [jacksongenealogy] Franklin, Manly, Sharp, Riddle,and Click

  • SUE LONG
    Message 1 of 29 , Mar 10, 2006
      Hi Betty
      Hope this find you doing ok today ? Thank for the info, the stories that i have all ways heard form way back is that the Sharps came to North Alabama from Missiour,an settled in what is now Madison an Jackson counties,
      From what i have learned is that ggrand dad Jake JB moved to Jackson co.
      from Madison co.i know nothing about his father or mother.i do know he was born around 1852died in 1929 married Pelinne Venable she was born around 1852 died in 1939 both are buried at Shelton Cemetery in Manor cove in Jackson co. along with their son Joel Sharp who married Rachel an another son William WIllie Sharp he married Flora Mae West daughter of John kimsey( jk ) an Sarah West 'My father is also buried at Shelton his name is James William Lecial Sharp better known as Buddy.
      Do you by chance know where Sharp's cove is at Hazel Green? some of the cousins still live up that way as far as i know. This is where my Greatgreat granddad Sharp settled at when they got to AlA. Grand paw Will had several brothers an sisters ,
      If you would like more on them i will send it to you later loved hearing from you take care God bless you all
      Sue
      Betty Pigg <bettypigg@...> wrote:
      Hi Sue,
      I'm not sure Jimmie Sharp is kin but I will tell you alittle of what I do know your Jake might be kin up the line, from what I heard there are 3 families of sharpform that area now mine comes in through one of 2 John and Martha Sharps mine came in from PA. John was the son of James Sharp and Jeminia Alexander. john was killed during the war in 1759, Jeminia raised two sons George and John, John married Martha Young They had about 10 kids, one being a William P. who married Margaret (Jane) Woodard, they had 11 kids one being Wilson L. who married Elizabeth Ann Adams, they had 6 known kids, one being John James who married Hanna C. Harris, they had 7 known kids,one being Jimmie Zora (not the same this one was my great grandmother the other Jimmie is my great uncle) my g-grandmother was the aunt to my g-uncle, Anyway Jimmie Zora married William Thomas Franklin son of John W. Franklin and Louisa Riddle, John W. the son of John Franklin and Sarah Caroline Manly. Now I'm not saying that
      your Jake Sharp is not kin because with all those branches of the main tree who knows if you could send more information on Your Jake he might just get intangle in this bunch. I do have some dates on these people.
      As for the Jackson Co.part I know my uncle Jimmie owned some land there at one time and I have been trying to find out where it was because there is suppost to be an old cem near by where my g-g-grandmother Louisa is buried. I've been told the cem is called Guess Creek Cem.
      Do this help you any? now I can give you names of some of the other kids each generation.
      God Bless
      Betty

      SUE LONG <columbu3@...> wrote:
      Hi, Betty
      You have got my curiosityup now, I'm related to the Sharps in Jackson county what relation is this Jimmie Sharp to Jake (Jb) Sharp would like to hear more from u on the Sharps. God Bless Violet Sue Sharp Long (great granddaughter of Jake an Pelinna Venable Sharp)

      bettypigg <bettypigg@...> wrote:
      Where to start? I looking for information on the family of John W.
      Franklin and Louisa/Luiza Riddle, John W. Franklin son of John
      Franklin and Sarah Caroline Manly, Louisa/Luiza believe to be the
      daughter of A.J. Riddle and Elizabeth Hall. John and Louisa were
      married in Jackson Co AL. Sept 1883, Louisa is burried at what I was
      told Guess Creek Cem. near Paintrock valley near County Road 8. Does
      anyone know of this cem there's a school near by I'm told. This cem
      can be seen from a clift of land used to be owned by Jimmie Sharp (my
      great uncle) He sold it after a logging mis-hape letf him with a
      broken back. I have been told a Jack Wallingsfort owns the place now
      but can confirm this.
      All of these families lived in Marshall, Madison and Jackson Counties.
      Thanks Betty

      Message 2 of 29 , Mar 10, 2006
        Sue

        1850 Dist. 24 De Kalb Co. AL
        Joel Sharp 25 Miller NC
        Eliza J. 23 TN

        1860 Div. 1 Stevenson PO Jackson Co. AL
        Joel Sharp 35 Laborer NC
        Eliza J. 33 TN
        James E. 9 AL
        Jacob 7 AL
        Nancey A. 5 AL
        Martin V. 3 AL

        1870 Sanders Beat 22, Big Coon PO Jackson Co. AL
        Joel Sharp 48 Woodwork NC
        Eliza J. 45 Keeping House TN
        James E. 18 Woodwork AL
        Jacob B. 16 Farm Labor AL
        Nancy A. 15 At Home AL
        Martin V.B. 12 Farm Labor
        Nathaniel C. 9 AL
        Thomas A. 7 AL
        John W. 3 AL
        Benj. R. 6 months b. Nov 79 AL

        1880 Township 3 Range 5 Beat 22 Jackson Co. AL
        Joel Sharp Head 56 Farming NC NC NC
        Jane Wife 54 House Keeping AL VA KY
        Martin 21 Farming AL NC AL
        Thomas Son 16 Farming AL NC AL
        John Son 13 Farming AL NC AL
        Benjamin 10 Farming AL NC AL

        1900 Sanders Pct 22 Jackson Co. AL
        Benjamin R. Sharp Head Dec 1872 27 mar.10yrs AL AL TN Farmer
        Mary Elizabeth Wife Apr 1872 28 mar.10yrs 5child3living AL AL AL
        Florence T. Dau Dec 1890 9 AL AL AL
        Benjamin James E. Son Sep 1892 7 AL AL AL
        Andrew Jackson Son Apr 1898 2
        Joel Father Dec 1824 75 Wd NC NC NC Farmer

        Living next door is Thomas A. Sharp and his family.

        Jacob J.B. Sharp m. Pilena Jane Venable 14 Sep 1873 Jackson Co. by Minister of the Gospel R. Wood OS Page 247

        1900 Tupelo Jackson Co. AL
        Jacob B. Sharp Head Aug 1852 47 mar.31yrs AL NC AL Farmer
        Paulina J. Wife Apr 1852 48 mar.31yrs 10child.8living AL AL AL
        Joel Son Jan 1885 15 AL AL AL Farm Lab.
        Sarah A. Dau Mar 1887 13 AL AL AL
        Margaret E. Dau Oct 1889 10 AL AL AL
        William M. Son Aug 1893 6 AL AL AL
        Susan E. Dau Feb 1900 3 months AL AL AL

        Could not find Jacob on the 1880 do you have him?

        Clay Gullatt

      • SUE LONG

          Message 4 of 29 , Mar 11, 2006
            Sue

            Found nothing on Amos or Rubean.

            Becky A. Sharp m. Thomas W. Hass 08 May 1897 Jackson Co. by Justice of the Peace J. W. Shelton OS Page 396

            1920 Tupelo Jackson Co. AL

            House 128 Family 128
            Thomas W. Haas Head 51 AL AL AL Farmer
            Rebecca A. Wife 39 AL AL AL Labor Home Farm
            Thomas W. Son 20 Labor Home Farm All the children b. AL
            Della M. Dau 14 Labor Home Farm
            Josie B. Dau 12 Labor Home Farm
            Emma A. Dau 9
            William S. Son 7
            George F. 4yrs 4months Son
            Francis L. Dau

            He is indexed as Thomas W. Kaas and is living next door to:

            House 129 Family 129
            Jacob B. Sharp Head 69 AL NC AL Farmer
            Polina J. Wife 68 AL AL AL
            Sarah M. Tidwell Dau 20 AL AL AL (note: this age matches Susan E. from the 1900 Sarah A.would have been 33)

            House 130 Family 130
            William W. Sharp Head 26 AL AL AL Farmer
            Flora M. Wife 20 AL AL AL

            This is my Sharp connection I do not know who this William Sharps's parents were so don't know his connection to your Sharps. Emma was of my Greatgreatuncle Thomas J. Gullatt's line, either a granddau or greatgrandau.

            William Sharp m. Emma Gullatte (Gullatt) 13 Nov 1898 Jackson Co. Minister of the Gospel M. Hill OS Page 51.

            1900 Pct 21 (all outside Scottsboro) Jackson Co. AL
            House 141 Family 142
            William Sharp Head Mar 1879 21 mar.1yr AL AL AL Farmer
            Emma Wife Sept 1882 17 mar.1yr 1Child/1 Living AL AL AL
            Gordon A. Son May 1900 0 months AL AL AL

            Message 5 of 29 , Mar 11, 2006
              Sue

              1930 Community Rd., Tupelo, Jackson Co. AL

              House 67 Family 67
              William W. Sharp Head 37 age at1st mar.21 AL AL AL Farmer
              Flora M. Wife 32 age at 1st.mar 16 AL AL AL
              Ethel N. Dau 8
              James W. L. Son 7
              Ella L. Sau 4yrs 3 mons
              Thomas W. 1yr 9months
              Linnie J. Mother 79 Wd AL AL AL
              William Jenkins Boarder 30 Single AL AL AL Laborer on Farm

              AL Death Indes
              Jakie B. Sharp d. Dec 1929 Jackson Co. Vol 61 Roll 3 Page 30098
              Linnie Sharp d. Jun 1937 Jackson Co. Vol 34 Cert 16553 Roll 3

              If you don't have them you can order the marriage and death records from the Probate Court, Jackson Co. Courthouse, Scottsboro for a cost of $2.00 each and a SASE.

            • frances_lambert2000
              Message 6 of 29 , Mar 12, 2006
                I have a Pearl Sharp b: 22 nov 1904 She married my dads bother Lewis
                Johnson on the 10 feb 1936 If anyone has info on her please let me
                know . She had a brother Lois Sharp. they may have been raised by
                grandmother.

                --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, clay gullatt

                Message 7 of 29 , Mar 12, 2006
                  Frances

                  They are of the same Joel Sharp line I have been posting on. Lois and Pearl's father was Benjamin James E. Sharp son of Benjamin and Mary (Thompson) Sharp, their other son Andrew J. was listed as single on all the census.

                  B.R. Sharp m. Mary Thompson 15 Jan 1890 Jackson Co. AL by Minister of the Gospel W. C. Prince OS Page 533

                  See the 1900 info for Benjamin R. Sharp that I posted.

                  1920 Scottsboro, Jackson Co. AL
                  B.R. Sharp Head 51 AL AL L Farmer
                  Mary Wife 54 AL AL AL
                  Andrew Son 21 Single AL AL AL Laborer Home Farm
                  Martha Jane Dau 16 AL AL AL
                  Lois Grandson 7 AL AL AL
                  Pearl Granddau 4yrs 10months AL AL AL

                  1930 Tupelo Jackson Co. AL
                  Benjamin R. Sharp Head 56 Age@1stMar.19 AL NC AL Farmer
                  Mary Wife 58 Age@1stMar.21 AL AL AL
                  Andrew J. Son 31 Single AL AL AL Lab. Home Farm
                  Lois P. Grandson 16 AL AL KY Lab. Home Farm
                  Lora P. Granddau. 14 AL AL KY

                  1910 Tupelo Jackson Co. AL
                  House 147 Family 151
                  Benjamin R. Sharp Head 42 mar.once 21yrs AL AL AL Farmer
                  Mary Wife 45 mar.once21yrs AL AL AL
                  Andrew J. Son 9 AL AL AL
                  Martha J.Dau 5 AL AL AL

                  This I believe this is Benjamin James E. Sharp and his wife living not to far from his parents.

                  1910 Tupelo Jackson Co. AL
                  House 135 Family 139
                  Edward Sharp Head 17 mar.0yrs AL AL AL Farmer
                  Evala Wife 16 mar.0yrs TN US US Farm Lab.

                  Ed Sharp died 03 May 1917 Jackson Co. AL Vol 18 Roll 2 Page 166

                  No entry for his wife.

                  They must have died during the great Spanish Flu Epidemic.

                • Mary Winn
                  Message 8 of 29 , Mar 13, 2006
                    I have a couple of Sharps listed in my database. These are my husband's
                    relatives--

                    Douglass Sharp (no info) m Mary Morris b. 4/21/1916, d. 10/21/2002,
                    Franklin Co., TN

                    Joe Wheeler Sharp (no info) m. Winnie Susan Anderson, b 1888, d. 1973,
                    Jackson Co., AL.

                    Regards,
                    Mary Winn Anderson
                    >I have a Pearl Sharp b: 22 nov 1904 She married my dads bother Lewis
                    > Johnson on the 10 feb 1936 If anyone has info on her please let me
                    > know . She had a brother Lois Sharp. they may have been raised by
                    > grandmother.
                    >
                    > --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, clay gullatt
                    > <blackcloud27030@...> wrote:
                    >>
                    >> Sue
                    >>
                    >> Found nothing on Amos or Rubean.
                    >>
                    >> Becky A. Sharp m. Thomas W. Hass 08 May 1897 Jackson Co. by Justice
                    > of the Peace J. W. Shelton OS Page 396
                    >>
                    >> 1920 Tupelo Jackson Co. AL
                    >>
                    >> House 128 Family 128
                    >> Thomas W. Haas Head 51 AL AL AL Farmer
                    >> Rebecca A. Wife 39 AL AL AL Labor Home Farm
                    >> Thomas W. Son 20 Labor Home Farm All the children b. AL
                    >> Della M. Dau 14 Labor Home Farm
                    >> Josie B. Dau 12 Labor Home Farm
                    >> Emma A. Dau 9
                    >> William S. Son 7
                    >> George F. 4yrs 4months Son
                    >> Francis L. Dau
                    >>
                    >> He is indexed as Thomas W. Kaas and is living next door to:
                    >>
                    >> House 129 Family 129
                    >> Jacob B. Sharp Head 69 AL NC AL Farmer
                    >> Polina J. Wife 68 AL AL AL
                    >> Sarah M. Tidwell Dau 20 AL AL AL (note: this age matches Susan E.
                    > from the 1900 Sarah A.would have been 33)
                    >>
                    >> House 130 Family 130
                    >> William W. Sharp Head 26 AL AL AL Farmer
                    >> Flora M. Wife 20 AL AL AL
                    >>
                    >> This is my Sharp connection I do not know who this William Sharps's
                    > parents were so don't know his connection to your Sharps. Emma was of
                    > my Greatgreatuncle Thomas J. Gullatt's line, either a granddau or
                    > greatgrandau.
                    >>
                    >> William Sharp m. Emma Gullatte (Gullatt) 13 Nov 1898 Jackson Co.
                    > Minister of the Gospel M. Hill OS Page 51.
                    >>
                    >> 1900 Pct 21 (all outside Scottsboro) Jackson Co. AL
                    >> House 141 Family 142
                    >> William Sharp Head Mar 1879 21 mar.1yr AL AL AL Farmer
                    >> Emma Wife Sept 1882 17 mar.1yr 1Child/1 Living AL AL AL
                    >> Gordon A. Son May 1900 0 months AL AL AL
                    >>
                    >> Clay

                  • frances_lambert2000
                    Message 9 of 29 , Mar 13, 2006
                      Thanks clay I would go see Pearl a lot before she died. I have a few
                      pictures of her. I knew her brother Lois too.
                      Frances

                      Message 10 of 29 , Mar 13, 2006
                        Mary

                        Don't know if this is your Douglass Sharp or not.

                        1930 Lincoln Co. TN
                        Earnest Sharp Head 34 mar.20yrs AL AL AL Farmer
                        Margaret Wife 34 mar.20yrs TN TN TN
                        Douglass Son 13 AL AL TN Farm Lab.
                        Lawrence Son 10 AL AL TN
                        Hallice Son 8 AL AL TN
                        Lillian Dau 6 AL AL TN
                        Lewis 0months TN AL TN
                        Loise 0months TN AL TN

                        Nothing on Mary Morris.

                        Following is on Joseph Wheeler Sharp and his relatives.

                        1900 Hollywood, Jackson Co. AL

                        House 252 Family 252
                        William Sharp Head Jan 1853 47 Wd AL AL NC Farm
                        George Son Mar 1881 19 AL AL AL Farm Lab
                        Frank Son Apr 1883 17 AL AL AL Farm Lab
                        Wheeler Son May 1885 15 AL AL AL Farm Lab (note: Indexed as Wheeles)
                        Parthina Dau Apr 1892 8 AL AL AL
                        Robert Son Jun 1889 5 AL AL AL
                        Shabz Sharp Mother Jun 1821 79 Wd NC AL AL

                        I think that Mary Emma Gullatt who married James William Sharp belongs with this line.

                        !900 Scottsboro, Jackson Co. AL
                        House 23 Family 23
                        William Sharp Head Mar 1879 21 AL AL AL Farmer
                        Emma Sep 1882 17 AL AL AL (Mary Emma Gullatt)
                        Gordon A. May 1900 0months AL AL AL

                        1860 Township 3 Range 6East Jackson Co. AL

                        Shaba Sharp 32 Laborer AL
                        Mary M. 6 AL
                        William 3 AL

                        A. J. Taylor m. Shebe Sharpe 07 May 1861 Jackson Co. AL Justice of the Peace J. C. Tinney OS Page 134

                        I think this is the same William Sharp.

                        William H. Sharp m. Margaret Steward Jackson Co. AL 04 Jun 1877 Justice of the Peace Z. C. Kennemer OS Page 86

                        Wm. Henry Sharp d. Jackson Co. Nov 1927 Vol 45 Roll 2 Page 22304

                        J.W. Sharp d. 31 May 1948 Jackson Co.AL Vol 2 Cert. 12777 Roll 4

                        1910 Tupelo 13 Pct. Jackson Co. AL

                        Joseph W. Sharp Head 22 Mar.Once 5yr AL AL AL Farmer
                        Susie Wife 20 Mar.Once 5yr 2Child/2Living AL AL AL
                        Otis Son 3 AL AL AL
                        ???? F. Son 9months AL AL AL

                        1910 Hollywood, Jackson Co. AL
                        House 214 Family 219
                        William Sharp 56 Mar.2 10yrs AL AL AL Laborer Slat Mill
                        Nannie Wife 35 Mar.3 10yrs 4Child/3Living AL AL AL
                        Verna Dau 7
                        G. Albert Son 4
                        Parlee Dau 2

                        House 12 Family 12
                        J. William Sharp 28 mar.once 11 yrs AL AL AL Laborer Slat Mill
                        Emma 27 mar.one 11yrs 3Child/3Living AL AL AL This is Mary Emma Gullatt)
                        Gordon Son 9
                        Roy Son 5
                        Clamie W. son 2

                        1910 Tupelo Jackson Co. AL

                        House 3 Family 3
                        Joseph W. Sharp Head 22 mar.once 5yrs AL AL AL Farmer
                        Susie Wife 20 mar.once 5yrs 2Child/2Living AL AL AL
                        Otis Son 3
                        ???? F. Son 9months

                        1920 Scottsboro Pct, Jackson Co. AL

                        House 105 Family 106
                        Wheeler Sharp Head 32 Farmer
                        Susie Wife 30
                        Odis Son 13
                        Frank Son 10
                        Ollie Dau 7
                        Howard Son 5
                        Grady Son 0months

                        House 106 Family 107
                        Frank Sharp Head 34 Farmer
                        Almytie Wife 30
                        Birdie Dau 13
                        Gladis Dau 9
                        Stella Dau 2yrs 8months

                        1920 Hollywood Jackson Co. AL

                        House 375 Family 388
                        William Sharp 63 Farmer
                        Nanie Wife 44
                        Virnie Dau 17
                        Albert Son 14 Farm Lab
                        Parlee Dau 12
                        Hermon Son 6
                        Rosa Dau 4yrs 3months

                        House 335 Family 335
                        Will Sharp 41 Farmer
                        Emma 38 (Emma Gullatt)
                        Gordon Son 19 Farm Lab
                        Virgle Son 14 Farm Lab
                        Clama? Son 11
                        Homer Son 8
                        Claude Son 5
                        Thurman Son 2yrs 3months

                        1930 Beat 7 Pct 21 Scottsboro, Jackson Co. AL

                        House 150 Family 154
                        Wheeler Sharp 44 Age@1stMar.18 Farmer
                        Susie 43 Age@1stMar. 17
                        Frank Son 21 Farmer
                        Ollie M. Dau 18
                        Joe Son 15
                        Grady Son 11
                        Helen Dau 6
                        Margaret Dayu 3yrs ??months

                        House 150 Family 155
                        Otis Sharp Head 23 Age@1stmar. 20 Lab.Farm
                        Kate Wife 20 Age@1stMar. 17
                        Edith Dau 1yr ??months
                        Bettie J. 3months

                        House 151 Family 156
                        W. Frank Sharp 46 Lab Gen. Farm
                        Almeda?? 46
                        Stella Dau 12
                        Myrtle Dau 8
                        Annie Robinson Mother in Law 79 Wd. AL AL AL

                        1930 Hollywood Jackson Co. AL

                        Hoouse 23 Family 23
                        James W. (William) Sharp 50 Age@1stMar.20 Farmer
                        Mary E.(Emma Gullatt) 45 Age@1stMar.17
                        Homer Son 19 Farm Lab
                        Claud Son 15
                        Therman Son 12

                        House 25 Family 25
                        Gordon A. Sharp 29 Age@1stMar.19 Farmer
                        Pearl Age@1stMar.17
                        Anna R. Dau 7
                        Rosa L. Dau 4

                        Could not find the elder William Sharp his wife or the younger children on the 1930.

                        Some of the Sharps just disappear from the 1870 and 1880 census have not found them in any state.

                      • SUE LONG
                        Message 11 of 29 , Mar 13, 2006
                          Clay
                          you are a wonder you have uncovered my side of the Sharp family, Jacob B an Pelinna J Venable Sharp is my great grandparents they are the parents of William Will Sharp this is my father James William Lecial Sharp better know as Buddy Sharp.
                          Rebecca Alice Sharp an Thomas W.Hass is my great grand parents too their daughter Francis Lorriane Hass is my grandmother on my mother'sRebecca Mae Carter side Francis married Hester Carter of Gntersville Al.want to know more i will send it to u thanks Sue

                          William W married Flora Mae West daughter of John K West (JK)an Sarah maiden name unknown

                          <blackcloud27030@...> wrote:

                          > Sue
                          >
                          > Found nothing on Amos or Rubean.
                          >
                          > Becky A. Sharp m. Thomas W. Hass 08 May 1897 Jackson Co. by Justice
                          of the Peace J. W. Shelton OS Page 396

                          > 1920 Tupelo Jackson Co. AL
                          >
                          > House 128 Family 128
                          > Thomas W. Haas Head 51 AL AL AL Farmer
                          > Rebecca A. Wife 39 AL AL AL Labor Home Farm
                          > Thomas W. Son 20 Labor Home Farm All the children b. AL
                          > Della M. Dau 14 Labor Home Farm
                          > Josie B. Dau 12 Labor Home Farm
                          > Emma A. Dau 9
                          > William S. Son 7
                          > George F. 4yrs 4months Son
                          > Francis L. Dau
                          >
                          > He is indexed as Thomas W. Kaas and is living next door to:
                          >
                          > House 129 Family 129
                          > Jacob B. Sharp Head 69 AL NC AL Farmer
                          > Polina J. Wife 68 AL AL AL
                          > Sarah M. Tidwell Dau 20 AL AL AL (note: this age matches Susan E.
                          from the 1900 Sarah A.would have been 33)

                          > House 130 Family 130
                          > William W. Sharp Head 26 AL AL AL Farmer
                          > Flora M. Wife 20 AL AL AL
                          >
                          > This is my Sharp connection I do not know who this William Sharps's
                          parents were so don't know his connection to your Sharps. Emma was of
                          my Greatgreatuncle Thomas J. Gullatt's line, either a granddau or
                          greatgrandau.

                          > William Sharp m. Emma Gullatte (Gullatt) 13 Nov 1898 Jackson Co.
                          Minister of the Gospel M. Hill OS Page 51.

                          > 1900 Pct 21 (all outside Scottsboro) Jackson Co. AL
                          > House 141 Family 142
                          > William Sharp Head Mar 1879 21 mar.1yr AL AL AL Farmer
                          > Emma Wife Sept 1882 17 mar.1yr 1Child/1 Living AL AL AL
                          > Gordon A. Son May 1900 0 months AL AL AL
                          >
                          > Clay

                        • frances_lambert2000
                          Message 12 of 29 , Mar 13, 2006
                            Sorry I posted the wrong birth date for Pearl (Sharp) Johnson should
                            have been 18 feb 1915 death 25 sep 1997 buried Pisgah Cem. Married
                            Lewis Johnson on the 10 feb 1936 in Scottsboro Al. Lewis was born 22
                            sep 1908 died 7 sep 1981 they had two children.

                            --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "frances_lambert2000"
                            <frances_lambert2000@...> wrote:

                            > I have a Pearl Sharp b: 22 nov 1904 She married my dads bother
                            Lewis
                            > Johnson on the 10 feb 1936 If anyone has info on her please let me
                            > know . She had a brother Lois Sharp. they may have been raised by
                            > grandmother.
                            >
                            > --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, clay gullatt
                            > <blackcloud27030@> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > Sue
                            > >
                            > > Found nothing on Amos or Rubean.
                            > >
                            > > Becky A. Sharp m. Thomas W. Hass 08 May 1897 Jackson Co. by
                            Justice
                            > of the Peace J. W. Shelton OS Page 396
                            > >
                            > > 1920 Tupelo Jackson Co. AL
                            > >
                            > > House 128 Family 128
                            > > Thomas W. Haas Head 51 AL AL AL Farmer
                            > > Rebecca A. Wife 39 AL AL AL Labor Home Farm
                            > > Thomas W. Son 20 Labor Home Farm All the children b. AL
                            > > Della M. Dau 14 Labor Home Farm
                            > > Josie B. Dau 12 Labor Home Farm
                            > > Emma A. Dau 9
                            > > William S. Son 7
                            > > George F. 4yrs 4months Son
                            > > Francis L. Dau
                            > >
                            > > He is indexed as Thomas W. Kaas and is living next door to:
                            > >
                            > > House 129 Family 129
                            > > Jacob B. Sharp Head 69 AL NC AL Farmer
                            > > Polina J. Wife 68 AL AL AL
                            > > Sarah M. Tidwell Dau 20 AL AL AL (note: this age matches Susan
                            E.
                            > from the 1900 Sarah A.would have been 33)
                            > >
                            > > House 130 Family 130
                            > > William W. Sharp Head 26 AL AL AL Farmer
                            > > Flora M. Wife 20 AL AL AL
                            > >
                            > > This is my Sharp connection I do not know who this William
                            Sharps's
                            > parents were so don't know his connection to your Sharps. Emma was
                            of
                            > my Greatgreatuncle Thomas J. Gullatt's line, either a granddau or
                            > greatgrandau.
                            > >
                            > > William Sharp m. Emma Gullatte (Gullatt) 13 Nov 1898 Jackson Co.
                            > Minister of the Gospel M. Hill OS Page 51.
                            > >
                            > > 1900 Pct 21 (all outside Scottsboro) Jackson Co. AL
                            > > House 141 Family 142
                            > > William Sharp Head Mar 1879 21 mar.1yr AL AL AL Farmer
                            > > Emma Wife Sept 1882 17 mar.1yr 1Child/1 Living AL AL AL
                            > > Gordon A. Son May 1900 0 months AL AL AL
                            > >
                            > > Clay

                          • SUE LONG
                            Message 13 of 29 , Mar 13, 2006
                              hi frances
                              i was wondering if this lewis johnson was kin to rosie johnson who married linclon fowler.she was last married to her second cousin earl johnson this is my husband's
                              grandparents his mother was pollye t fowler who married euwing long. thanks sue long

                              <frances_lambert2000@...> wrote:

                              > I have a Pearl Sharp b: 22 nov 1904 She married my dads bother
                              Lewis
                              > Johnson on the 10 feb 1936 If anyone has info on her please let me
                              > know . She had a brother Lois Sharp. they may have been raised by
                              > grandmother.
                              >
                              > --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, clay gullatt
                              > <blackcloud27030@> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > Sue
                              > >
                              > > Found nothing on Amos or Rubean.
                              > >
                              > > Becky A. Sharp m. Thomas W. Hass 08 May 1897 Jackson Co. by
                              Justice
                              > of the Peace J. W. Shelton OS Page 396
                              > >
                              > > 1920 Tupelo Jackson Co. AL
                              > >
                              > > House 128 Family 128
                              > > Thomas W. Haas Head 51 AL AL AL Farmer
                              > > Rebecca A. Wife 39 AL AL AL Labor Home Farm
                              > > Thomas W. Son 20 Labor Home Farm All the children b. AL
                              > > Della M. Dau 14 Labor Home Farm
                              > > Josie B. Dau 12 Labor Home Farm
                              > > Emma A. Dau 9
                              > > William S. Son 7
                              > > George F. 4yrs 4months Son
                              > > Francis L. Dau
                              > >
                              > > He is indexed as Thomas W. Kaas and is living next door to:
                              > >
                              > > House 129 Family 129
                              > > Jacob B. Sharp Head 69 AL NC AL Farmer
                              > > Polina J. Wife 68 AL AL AL
                              > > Sarah M. Tidwell Dau 20 AL AL AL (note: this age matches Susan
                              E.
                              > from the 1900 Sarah A.would have been 33)
                              > >
                              > > House 130 Family 130
                              > > William W. Sharp Head 26 AL AL AL Farmer
                              > > Flora M. Wife 20 AL AL AL
                              > >
                              > > This is my Sharp connection I do not know who this William
                              Sharps's
                              > parents were so don't know his connection to your Sharps. Emma was
                              of
                              > my Greatgreatuncle Thomas J. Gullatt's line, either a granddau or
                              > greatgrandau.
                              > >
                              > > William Sharp m. Emma Gullatte (Gullatt) 13 Nov 1898 Jackson Co.
                              > Minister of the Gospel M. Hill OS Page 51.
                              > >
                              > > 1900 Pct 21 (all outside Scottsboro) Jackson Co. AL
                              > > House 141 Family 142
                              > > William Sharp Head Mar 1879 21 mar.1yr AL AL AL Farmer
                              > > Emma Wife Sept 1882 17 mar.1yr 1Child/1 Living AL AL AL
                              > > Gordon A. Son May 1900 0 months AL AL AL
                              > >
                              > > Clay

                            • Mary Winn
                              Message 14 of 29 , Mar 14, 2006
                                Clay, thank you for the info on Douglass Sharp. This was not my Douglass
                                Sharp though. I think Mary Morris married him later in life than 1930. She
                                had a first husband and several children with him. This might by my Doug
                                Sharp, but with a first wife.

                                Thank you for checking.

                                Mary Winn Anderson

> [...]
                                >
                                > House 151 Family 156
                                > W. Frank Sharp 46 Lab Gen. Farm
                                > Almeda?? 46
                                > Stella Dau 12
                                > Myrtle Dau 8
                                > Annie Robinson Mother in Law 79 Wd. AL AL AL
                                >
                                > 1930 Hollywood Jackson Co. AL
                                >
                                > Hoouse 23 Family 23
                                > James W. (William) Sharp 50 Age@1stMar.20 Farmer
                                > Mary E.(Emma Gullatt) 45 Age@1stMar.17
                                > Homer Son 19 Farm Lab
                                > Claud Son 15
                                > Therman Son 12
                                >
                                > House 25 Family 25
                                > Gordon A. Sharp 29 Age@1stMar.19 Farmer
                                > Pearl Age@1stMar.17
                                > Anna R. Dau 7
                                > Rosa L. Dau 4
                                >
                                > Could not find the elder William Sharp his wife or the younger children on
                                > the 1930.
                                >
                                > Some of the Sharps just disappear from the 1870 and 1880 census have not

                              • frances_lambert2000
                                Message 15 of 29 , Mar 14, 2006
                                  Sue I founda a Rosa M Johnson born abt 1913 had a second cousin
                                  named Oscar Earl Johnson born 25 oct 1910 I have no info on who she
                                  married shows that he married Ruby Mae Bellomy. Could this be them?
                                  Frances

                                  --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, SUE LONG <columbu3@...>
                                  wrote:

> [...]
                                  > > > Flora M. Wife 20 AL AL AL
                                  > > >
                                  > > > This is my Sharp connection I do not know who this William
                                  > Sharps's
                                  > > parents were so don't know his connection to your Sharps. Emma
                                  was
                                  > of
                                  > > my Greatgreatuncle Thomas J. Gullatt's line, either a granddau or
                                  > > greatgrandau.
                                  > > >
                                  > > > William Sharp m. Emma Gullatte (Gullatt) 13 Nov 1898 Jackson
                                  Co.
                                  > > Minister of the Gospel M. Hill OS Page 51.
                                  > > >
                                  > > > 1900 Pct 21 (all outside Scottsboro) Jackson Co. AL
                                  > > > House 141 Family 142
                                  > > > William Sharp Head Mar 1879 21 mar.1yr AL AL AL Farmer
                                  > > > Emma Wife Sept 1882 17 mar.1yr 1Child/1 Living AL AL AL
                                  > > > Gordon A. Son May 1900 0 months AL AL AL
                                  > > >
                                  > > > Clay

                                  > American family home insurance American family home
                                  insurance company American family home owner insurance Multi
                                  family home for sale Single family home for sale Family home
                                  finance

                                  Service.

                                  > ---------------------------------

                                • SUE LONG
                                  Message 16 of 29 , Mar 14, 2006
                                    Frances
                                    Our Rosie was born 2/ 27/1904 she died in 9/9/1967, i'm not sure if it is are not she first married Monroe Lincoln Fowler.after hie death she married Earl an at his death she married Tommy Newsome.she had 3 childern by fowler 2 boys an 1 girl Pollye T Fowler
                                    Albert Fowler, Monroe Lincoln Fowler jr,
                                    This is my husband's side of the family have not learned about her parents or brothers asisters if eny, thanks for your help God bless

                                    Sue

                                    Message 17 of 29 , Mar 14, 2006
                                      Sue

                                      1910 Pct 17 Trenton Jackson Co. AL

                                      House 2 Family 2
                                      James A. Johnson Head 43 Mar.Once 21yrs AL AL AL Farmer
                                      Harriet Wife 35 Mar.Once 21 yrs 8Child/4Living AL AL AL
                                      Rosa L. Dau 6 AL AL AL
                                      Alva Son 4 AL AL AL
                                      Felix 3 Son AL AL AL

                                      I think this is the same family on the 1900 Census.

                                      1900 Hunt Store Jackson Co. AL

                                      House 64 Family 65
                                      James W. Johnson Head 36 Mar.10yrs TN NC TN Farmer
                                      Harriet C. Wife Jul 1869 Mar10yrs 5Child/4Living TN NC NC
                                      Rosie V. Dau Nov 1890 AL TN TN
                                      Paulina E. Dau May 1893 7 AL TN TN
                                      Edner B. Dau Jan 1895 5 AL TN TN
                                      James W. Jr. Son Jan 1898 1 AL TN TN

                                      I know the middle intials are different and there would be two daughters named Rosa. It was not unusal for a family to give more than one child the same name if the first one died. One of my greatmothersX6 back in early 1700s VA named a daughter Mary threes times she wanted a Mary so bad. From the above 1910 census all of these children died except one, probably Paulina E. and she must have married by 1910. Two of James and Harriet's children Rosa and Felix said their father was born in TN. One thing about the census is you don't know who is giving the answers or if they are correct.

                                      J. W. Johnson m. Harriet Ellen Olinger 11 Aug 1889 Jackson Co. AL Justice of the Peace R. H. Skelton OS Page 468

                                      1920 South Fork Rd. Bishop, Jackson Co. AL

                                      House 31 Family 32
                                      James Johnson Head 53 AL AL AL Farmer
                                      Dixie M. Wife 47 AL AL AL
                                      Healene??? 16 AL AL AL (this has to be Rosa)
                                      Alvia Son 12 AL AL AL
                                      Felix Son 10 AL AL AL
                                      Ferd Son 4yrs ??months AL AL AL
                                      Della Dau 1yr 2months AL AL AL

                                      1920 Fowler Cove Rd Bishop, Jackson Co. AL

                                      House 6 Family 7
                                      Monroe L. Fowler Head 41 Wd AL AL AL Farmer
                                      Ernest Son 16 AL AL AL
                                      Joe W. Son 12
                                      Frank E. Son 10
                                      Delbert Son 8
                                      Della Dau 5
                                      Thelma Dau 3yrs ??months
                                      Ennis 2yrs 1month

                                      1930 Fowler Cove Rd. Bishop Jackson Co. AL

                                      House 57 Family 57
                                      Monroe L. Fowler Head 48 age@1stmar.18 AL AL NC Farmer
                                      Rosa Wife 27 age@1stMar.18 AL TN AL
                                      Delbert Son 18 AL AL AL Lab. Farm
                                      Della O. Dau 14
                                      Thelma Dau 13
                                      Ena Son 12 (Ennis)
                                      Polly T. Dau 7
                                      Albert Son 4yrs 10months
                                      Junior Son 1yr 5months

                                      The Johnsons and Fowlers lived near each other on the 1920 census.

                                      1930 4th Civil Dist. Franklin Co. TN

                                      House 287 Family 299
                                      Felix Johnson Head 20 Age@1stmar 18 AL TN AL
                                      Ethel Wife 19 Age@1mar.16 2Child/2Living Al AL AL
                                      Grace J. Dau 2yrs 8months AL AL AL
                                      Christine Dau 3months AL AL AL

                                      Have more on the Fowlers if your husband wants it. The Olingers first appear on the 1900 Jackson Co. Census. Have not found James Johnson on the 1880 in TN, he was not in Jackson Co.

                                      Monroe's father was Asa D. Fowler b. 1848 AL and his grandfather was Ferman/Furman Fowler b. 1794 SC he appears first on the 1830 Jackson Co. Census. Furman first patented land in Jackson Co. in 1831, 1 in 1858 and 2 in 1860, you can go to the BLM GLO website and download a copy of his original patents.

                                      Asa D. Fowler m. Dubby E. Lee 25 May 1873 Jackson Co. AL Justice of the Peace John Sanders OS Page 218

                                    • SUE LONG

                                          Message 20 of 29 , Mar 21, 2006
                                            Sue, I'm interested in your great grandmother Pelinna J. Venable Sharp. I
                                            have a Jeanette Venable on the 1900 Franklin Co. census , she is the
                                            daughter of Georgie Green and Simon Venable. Georgie is the daughter of
                                            Mary Landess and Townsend Porter Green Mary Landess is the daughter of
                                            Grace Thompson and Henry Harmon Landess and a sister to my great grandfather
                                            Joseph Thompson Landess. Is there any connection? Thanks, Frances Landess
                                            Sadler
                                            > you are a wonder you have uncovered my side of the Sharp family,
                                            Jacob B an Pelinna J Venable Sharp is my great grandparents they are the
                                            parents of William Will Sharp this is my father James William Lecial Sharp
                                            better know as Buddy Sharp.
                                            > Rebecca Alice Sharp an Thomas W.Hass is my great grand parents too
                                            their daughter Francis Lorriane Hass is my grandmother on my
                                            mother'sRebecca Mae Carter side Francis married Hester Carter of Gntersville
                                            Al.want to know more i will send it to u thanks Sue

                                            > William W married Flora Mae West daughter of John K West (JK)an Sarah
                                            maiden name unknown

                                            > s_lambert2000@...> wrote:
                                            > I have a Pearl Sharp b: 22 nov 1904 She married my dads bother Lewis
                                            > Johnson on the 10 feb 1936 If anyone has info on her please let me
                                            > know . She had a brother Lois Sharp. they may have been raised by
                                            > grandmother.
                                            >
                                            > --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, clay gullatt
                                            > <blackcloud27030@...> wrote:
                                            > >
                                            > > Sue
                                            > >
                                            > > Found nothing on Amos or Rubean.
                                            > >
                                            > > Becky A. Sharp m. Thomas W. Hass 08 May 1897 Jackson Co. by Justice
                                            > of the Peace J. W. Shelton OS Page 396
                                            > >
                                            > > 1920 Tupelo Jackson Co. AL
                                            > >
                                            > > House 128 Family 128
                                            > > Thomas W. Haas Head 51 AL AL AL Farmer
                                            > > Rebecca A. Wife 39 AL AL AL Labor Home Farm
                                            > > Thomas W. Son 20 Labor Home Farm All the children b. AL
                                            > > Della M. Dau 14 Labor Home Farm
                                            > > Josie B. Dau 12 Labor Home Farm
                                            > > Emma A. Dau 9
                                            > > William S. Son 7
                                            > > George F. 4yrs 4months Son
                                            > > Francis L. Dau
                                            > >
                                            > > He is indexed as Thomas W. Kaas and is living next door to:
                                            > >
                                            > > House 129 Family 129
                                            > > Jacob B. Sharp Head 69 AL NC AL Farmer
                                            > > Polina J. Wife 68 AL AL AL
                                            > > Sarah M. Tidwell Dau 20 AL AL AL (note: this age matches Susan E.
                                            > from the 1900 Sarah A.would have been 33)
                                            > >
                                            > > House 130 Family 130
                                            > > William W. Sharp Head 26 AL AL AL Farmer
                                            > > Flora M. Wife 20 AL AL AL
                                            > >
                                            > > This is my Sharp connection I do not know who this William Sharps's
                                            > parents were so don't know his connection to your Sharps. Emma was of
                                            > my Greatgreatuncle Thomas J. Gullatt's line, either a granddau or
                                            > greatgrandau.
                                            > >
                                            > > William Sharp m. Emma Gullatte (Gullatt) 13 Nov 1898 Jackson Co.
                                            > Minister of the Gospel M. Hill OS Page 51.
                                            > >
                                            > > 1900 Pct 21 (all outside Scottsboro) Jackson Co. AL
                                            > > House 141 Family 142
                                            > > William Sharp Head Mar 1879 21 mar.1yr AL AL AL Farmer
                                            > > Emma Wife Sept 1882 17 mar.1yr 1Child/1 Living AL AL AL
                                            > > Gordon A. Son May 1900 0 months AL AL AL
                                            > >
                                            > > Clay

                                            > American family home insurance American family home insurance
                                            company American family home owner insurance Multi family home for
                                            sale Single family home for sale Family home finance

                                            > ---------------------------------

                                          • SUE LONG
                                            Message 21 of 29 , Mar 22, 2006
                                              Hi Frances
                                              I really an truthful could not tell you.I don't know a whole lot about them but i do know her parents was Caroline an Phillip Venable there was a Jonas where it was a son or brother never was clear I think she had a brother name Thomsa Venable that lived at Woodville cause I can remember going to his house when i was a child.
                                              I would like to learn more about this family too so I can pass it on to my children an gchildren. Good luck we are going to need it looks like, God bless you all..
                                              Sue

                                            • SUE LONG
                                              Message 22 of 29 , Aug 8, 2006
                                                Dear Frances
                                                I 'm not sure if they are related are not, Did your Simon have a brother named Phillip ? if he did then we are related my dad always said that Thomas Venable
                                                of Woodville was my great uncle, the only thing i know is what has been handed down over the years an that is they came from missiour to alabama in the 1800.by covered wagon, do no that there a picture of them that my anut ethel sharp downs had of them but where it wernt after her death there is no telling,
                                                Pelinna 's parents are Phillip an Caroline Venable there was also a picture of Jones
                                                Venable i don't know if it was her brother or a uncle that was never clear,I would like to learn more about them too . but I'm sure that as u know if families don't talk about the older one then the younger people done learn about them right,
                                                Well I hope this help u out,

                                              • SUE LONG
                                                Message 23 of 29 , Aug 17, 2006
                                                  Frances
                                                  Did your Simon have a brother named Phillip if so we may be kin.cause Phillip was Pelinna's father her Mother is Caroline maiden name unknow.
                                                  What ever u have I would love to here more about these people. i know there is alot of stories that are un heard.