Re: [jacksongenealogy] Franklin, Manly, Sharp, Riddle,and Click

  • SUE LONG
    Message 1 of 29 , Mar 7, 2006
      Hi, Betty
      You have got my curiosityup now, I'm related to the Sharps in Jackson county what relation is this Jimmie Sharp to Jake (Jb) Sharp would like to hear more from u on the Sharps. God Bless Violet Sue Sharp Long (great granddaughter of Jake an Pelinna Venable Sharp)

      bettypigg <bettypigg@...> wrote:
      Where to start? I looking for information on the family of John W.
      Franklin and Louisa/Luiza Riddle, John W. Franklin son of John
      Franklin and Sarah Caroline Manly, Louisa/Luiza believe to be the
      daughter of A.J. Riddle and Elizabeth Hall. John and Louisa were
      married in Jackson Co AL. Sept 1883, Louisa is burried at what I was
      told Guess Creek Cem. near Paintrock valley near County Road 8. Does
      anyone know of this cem there's a school near by I'm told. This cem
      can be seen from a clift of land used to be owned by Jimmie Sharp (my
      great uncle) He sold it after a logging mis-hape letf him with a
      broken back. I have been told a Jack Wallingsfort owns the place now
      but can confirm this.
      All of these families lived in Marshall, Madison and Jackson Counties.
      Thanks Betty

    • Betty Pigg
      Message 2 of 29 , Mar 7, 2006
        Hi Sue,
        I'm not sure Jimmie Sharp is kin but I will tell you alittle of what I do know your Jake might be kin up the line, from what I heard there are 3 families of sharpform that area now mine comes in through one of 2 John and Martha Sharps mine came in from PA. John was the son of James Sharp and Jeminia Alexander. john was killed during the war in 1759, Jeminia raised two sons George and John, John married Martha Young They had about 10 kids, one being a William P. who married Margaret (Jane) Woodard, they had 11 kids one being Wilson L. who married Elizabeth Ann Adams, they had 6 known kids, one being John James who married Hanna C. Harris, they had 7 known kids,one being Jimmie Zora (not the same this one was my great grandmother the other Jimmie is my great uncle) my g-grandmother was the aunt to my g-uncle, Anyway Jimmie Zora married William Thomas Franklin son of John W. Franklin and Louisa Riddle, John W. the son of John Franklin and Sarah Caroline Manly. Now I'm not saying that
        your Jake Sharp is not kin because with all those branches of the main tree who knows if you could send more information on Your Jake he might just get intangle in this bunch. I do have some dates on these people.
        As for the Jackson Co.part I know my uncle Jimmie owned some land there at one time and I have been trying to find out where it was because there is suppost to be an old cem near by where my g-g-grandmother Louisa is buried. I've been told the cem is called Guess Creek Cem.
        Do this help you any? now I can give you names of some of the other kids each generation.
        God Bless
        Betty

        Message 3 of 29 , Mar 10, 2006
          Hi Betty
          Hope this find you doing ok today ? Thank for the info, the stories that i have all ways heard form way back is that the Sharps came to North Alabama from Missiour,an settled in what is now Madison an Jackson counties,
          From what i have learned is that ggrand dad Jake JB moved to Jackson co.
          from Madison co.i know nothing about his father or mother.i do know he was born around 1852died in 1929 married Pelinne Venable she was born around 1852 died in 1939 both are buried at Shelton Cemetery in Manor cove in Jackson co. along with their son Joel Sharp who married Rachel an another son William WIllie Sharp he married Flora Mae West daughter of John kimsey( jk ) an Sarah West 'My father is also buried at Shelton his name is James William Lecial Sharp better known as Buddy.
          Do you by chance know where Sharp's cove is at Hazel Green? some of the cousins still live up that way as far as i know. This is where my Greatgreat granddad Sharp settled at when they got to AlA. Grand paw Will had several brothers an sisters ,
          If you would like more on them i will send it to you later loved hearing from you take care God bless you all
          Sue

          Message 4 of 29 , Mar 10, 2006
            Sue

            1850 Dist. 24 De Kalb Co. AL
            Joel Sharp 25 Miller NC
            Eliza J. 23 TN

            1860 Div. 1 Stevenson PO Jackson Co. AL
            Joel Sharp 35 Laborer NC
            Eliza J. 33 TN
            James E. 9 AL
            Jacob 7 AL
            Nancey A. 5 AL
            Martin V. 3 AL

            1870 Sanders Beat 22, Big Coon PO Jackson Co. AL
            Joel Sharp 48 Woodwork NC
            Eliza J. 45 Keeping House TN
            James E. 18 Woodwork AL
            Jacob B. 16 Farm Labor AL
            Nancy A. 15 At Home AL
            Martin V.B. 12 Farm Labor
            Nathaniel C. 9 AL
            Thomas A. 7 AL
            John W. 3 AL
            Benj. R. 6 months b. Nov 79 AL

            1880 Township 3 Range 5 Beat 22 Jackson Co. AL
            Joel Sharp Head 56 Farming NC NC NC
            Jane Wife 54 House Keeping AL VA KY
            Martin 21 Farming AL NC AL
            Thomas Son 16 Farming AL NC AL
            John Son 13 Farming AL NC AL
            Benjamin 10 Farming AL NC AL

            1900 Sanders Pct 22 Jackson Co. AL
            Benjamin R. Sharp Head Dec 1872 27 mar.10yrs AL AL TN Farmer
            Mary Elizabeth Wife Apr 1872 28 mar.10yrs 5child3living AL AL AL
            Florence T. Dau Dec 1890 9 AL AL AL
            Benjamin James E. Son Sep 1892 7 AL AL AL
            Andrew Jackson Son Apr 1898 2
            Joel Father Dec 1824 75 Wd NC NC NC Farmer

            Living next door is Thomas A. Sharp and his family.

            Jacob J.B. Sharp m. Pilena Jane Venable 14 Sep 1873 Jackson Co. by Minister of the Gospel R. Wood OS Page 247

            1900 Tupelo Jackson Co. AL
            Jacob B. Sharp Head Aug 1852 47 mar.31yrs AL NC AL Farmer
            Paulina J. Wife Apr 1852 48 mar.31yrs 10child.8living AL AL AL
            Joel Son Jan 1885 15 AL AL AL Farm Lab.
            Sarah A. Dau Mar 1887 13 AL AL AL
            Margaret E. Dau Oct 1889 10 AL AL AL
            William M. Son Aug 1893 6 AL AL AL
            Susan E. Dau Feb 1900 3 months AL AL AL

            Could not find Jacob on the 1880 do you have him?

            Clay Gullatt

          • SUE LONG

              Message 6 of 29 , Mar 11, 2006
                Sue

                Found nothing on Amos or Rubean.

                Becky A. Sharp m. Thomas W. Hass 08 May 1897 Jackson Co. by Justice of the Peace J. W. Shelton OS Page 396

                1920 Tupelo Jackson Co. AL

                House 128 Family 128
                Thomas W. Haas Head 51 AL AL AL Farmer
                Rebecca A. Wife 39 AL AL AL Labor Home Farm
                Thomas W. Son 20 Labor Home Farm All the children b. AL
                Della M. Dau 14 Labor Home Farm
                Josie B. Dau 12 Labor Home Farm
                Emma A. Dau 9
                William S. Son 7
                George F. 4yrs 4months Son
                Francis L. Dau

                He is indexed as Thomas W. Kaas and is living next door to:

                House 129 Family 129
                Jacob B. Sharp Head 69 AL NC AL Farmer
                Polina J. Wife 68 AL AL AL
                Sarah M. Tidwell Dau 20 AL AL AL (note: this age matches Susan E. from the 1900 Sarah A.would have been 33)

                House 130 Family 130
                William W. Sharp Head 26 AL AL AL Farmer
                Flora M. Wife 20 AL AL AL

                This is my Sharp connection I do not know who this William Sharps's parents were so don't know his connection to your Sharps. Emma was of my Greatgreatuncle Thomas J. Gullatt's line, either a granddau or greatgrandau.

                William Sharp m. Emma Gullatte (Gullatt) 13 Nov 1898 Jackson Co. Minister of the Gospel M. Hill OS Page 51.

                1900 Pct 21 (all outside Scottsboro) Jackson Co. AL
                House 141 Family 142
                William Sharp Head Mar 1879 21 mar.1yr AL AL AL Farmer
                Emma Wife Sept 1882 17 mar.1yr 1Child/1 Living AL AL AL
                Gordon A. Son May 1900 0 months AL AL AL

                Message 7 of 29 , Mar 11, 2006
                  Sue

                  1930 Community Rd., Tupelo, Jackson Co. AL

                  House 67 Family 67
                  William W. Sharp Head 37 age at1st mar.21 AL AL AL Farmer
                  Flora M. Wife 32 age at 1st.mar 16 AL AL AL
                  Ethel N. Dau 8
                  James W. L. Son 7
                  Ella L. Sau 4yrs 3 mons
                  Thomas W. 1yr 9months
                  Linnie J. Mother 79 Wd AL AL AL
                  William Jenkins Boarder 30 Single AL AL AL Laborer on Farm

                  AL Death Indes
                  Jakie B. Sharp d. Dec 1929 Jackson Co. Vol 61 Roll 3 Page 30098
                  Linnie Sharp d. Jun 1937 Jackson Co. Vol 34 Cert 16553 Roll 3

                  If you don't have them you can order the marriage and death records from the Probate Court, Jackson Co. Courthouse, Scottsboro for a cost of $2.00 each and a SASE.

                • frances_lambert2000
                  Message 8 of 29 , Mar 12, 2006
                    I have a Pearl Sharp b: 22 nov 1904 She married my dads bother Lewis
                    Johnson on the 10 feb 1936 If anyone has info on her please let me
                    know . She had a brother Lois Sharp. they may have been raised by
                    grandmother.

                    --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, clay gullatt

                    Message 9 of 29 , Mar 12, 2006
                      Frances

                      They are of the same Joel Sharp line I have been posting on. Lois and Pearl's father was Benjamin James E. Sharp son of Benjamin and Mary (Thompson) Sharp, their other son Andrew J. was listed as single on all the census.

                      B.R. Sharp m. Mary Thompson 15 Jan 1890 Jackson Co. AL by Minister of the Gospel W. C. Prince OS Page 533

                      See the 1900 info for Benjamin R. Sharp that I posted.

                      1920 Scottsboro, Jackson Co. AL
                      B.R. Sharp Head 51 AL AL L Farmer
                      Mary Wife 54 AL AL AL
                      Andrew Son 21 Single AL AL AL Laborer Home Farm
                      Martha Jane Dau 16 AL AL AL
                      Lois Grandson 7 AL AL AL
                      Pearl Granddau 4yrs 10months AL AL AL

                      1930 Tupelo Jackson Co. AL
                      Benjamin R. Sharp Head 56 Age@1stMar.19 AL NC AL Farmer
                      Mary Wife 58 Age@1stMar.21 AL AL AL
                      Andrew J. Son 31 Single AL AL AL Lab. Home Farm
                      Lois P. Grandson 16 AL AL KY Lab. Home Farm
                      Lora P. Granddau. 14 AL AL KY

                      1910 Tupelo Jackson Co. AL
                      House 147 Family 151
                      Benjamin R. Sharp Head 42 mar.once 21yrs AL AL AL Farmer
                      Mary Wife 45 mar.once21yrs AL AL AL
                      Andrew J. Son 9 AL AL AL
                      Martha J.Dau 5 AL AL AL

                      This I believe this is Benjamin James E. Sharp and his wife living not to far from his parents.

                      1910 Tupelo Jackson Co. AL
                      House 135 Family 139
                      Edward Sharp Head 17 mar.0yrs AL AL AL Farmer
                      Evala Wife 16 mar.0yrs TN US US Farm Lab.

                      Ed Sharp died 03 May 1917 Jackson Co. AL Vol 18 Roll 2 Page 166

                      No entry for his wife.

                      They must have died during the great Spanish Flu Epidemic.

                    • Mary Winn
                      Message 10 of 29 , Mar 13, 2006
                        I have a couple of Sharps listed in my database. These are my husband's
                        relatives--

                        Douglass Sharp (no info) m Mary Morris b. 4/21/1916, d. 10/21/2002,
                        Franklin Co., TN

                        Joe Wheeler Sharp (no info) m. Winnie Susan Anderson, b 1888, d. 1973,
                        Jackson Co., AL.

                        Regards,
                        Mary Winn Anderson
                        >I have a Pearl Sharp b: 22 nov 1904 She married my dads bother Lewis
                        > Johnson on the 10 feb 1936 If anyone has info on her please let me
                        > know . She had a brother Lois Sharp. they may have been raised by
                        > grandmother.
                        >
                        > --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, clay gullatt
                        > <blackcloud27030@...> wrote:
                        >>
                        >> Sue
                        >>
                        >> Found nothing on Amos or Rubean.
                        >>
                        >> Becky A. Sharp m. Thomas W. Hass 08 May 1897 Jackson Co. by Justice
                        > of the Peace J. W. Shelton OS Page 396
                        >>
                        >> 1920 Tupelo Jackson Co. AL
                        >>
                        >> House 128 Family 128
                        >> Thomas W. Haas Head 51 AL AL AL Farmer
                        >> Rebecca A. Wife 39 AL AL AL Labor Home Farm
                        >> Thomas W. Son 20 Labor Home Farm All the children b. AL
                        >> Della M. Dau 14 Labor Home Farm
                        >> Josie B. Dau 12 Labor Home Farm
                        >> Emma A. Dau 9
                        >> William S. Son 7
                        >> George F. 4yrs 4months Son
                        >> Francis L. Dau
                        >>
                        >> He is indexed as Thomas W. Kaas and is living next door to:
                        >>
                        >> House 129 Family 129
                        >> Jacob B. Sharp Head 69 AL NC AL Farmer
                        >> Polina J. Wife 68 AL AL AL
                        >> Sarah M. Tidwell Dau 20 AL AL AL (note: this age matches Susan E.
                        > from the 1900 Sarah A.would have been 33)
                        >>
                        >> House 130 Family 130
                        >> William W. Sharp Head 26 AL AL AL Farmer
                        >> Flora M. Wife 20 AL AL AL
                        >>
                        >> This is my Sharp connection I do not know who this William Sharps's
                        > parents were so don't know his connection to your Sharps. Emma was of
                        > my Greatgreatuncle Thomas J. Gullatt's line, either a granddau or
                        > greatgrandau.
                        >>
                        >> William Sharp m. Emma Gullatte (Gullatt) 13 Nov 1898 Jackson Co.
                        > Minister of the Gospel M. Hill OS Page 51.
                        >>
                        >> 1900 Pct 21 (all outside Scottsboro) Jackson Co. AL
                        >> House 141 Family 142
                        >> William Sharp Head Mar 1879 21 mar.1yr AL AL AL Farmer
                        >> Emma Wife Sept 1882 17 mar.1yr 1Child/1 Living AL AL AL
                        >> Gordon A. Son May 1900 0 months AL AL AL
                        >>
                        >> Clay

                      • frances_lambert2000
                        Message 11 of 29 , Mar 13, 2006
                          Thanks clay I would go see Pearl a lot before she died. I have a few
                          pictures of her. I knew her brother Lois too.
                          Frances

                          Message 12 of 29 , Mar 13, 2006
                            Mary

                            Don't know if this is your Douglass Sharp or not.

                            1930 Lincoln Co. TN
                            Earnest Sharp Head 34 mar.20yrs AL AL AL Farmer
                            Margaret Wife 34 mar.20yrs TN TN TN
                            Douglass Son 13 AL AL TN Farm Lab.
                            Lawrence Son 10 AL AL TN
                            Hallice Son 8 AL AL TN
                            Lillian Dau 6 AL AL TN
                            Lewis 0months TN AL TN
                            Loise 0months TN AL TN

                            Nothing on Mary Morris.

                            Following is on Joseph Wheeler Sharp and his relatives.

                            1900 Hollywood, Jackson Co. AL

                            House 252 Family 252
                            William Sharp Head Jan 1853 47 Wd AL AL NC Farm
                            George Son Mar 1881 19 AL AL AL Farm Lab
                            Frank Son Apr 1883 17 AL AL AL Farm Lab
                            Wheeler Son May 1885 15 AL AL AL Farm Lab (note: Indexed as Wheeles)
                            Parthina Dau Apr 1892 8 AL AL AL
                            Robert Son Jun 1889 5 AL AL AL
                            Shabz Sharp Mother Jun 1821 79 Wd NC AL AL

                            I think that Mary Emma Gullatt who married James William Sharp belongs with this line.

                            !900 Scottsboro, Jackson Co. AL
                            House 23 Family 23
                            William Sharp Head Mar 1879 21 AL AL AL Farmer
                            Emma Sep 1882 17 AL AL AL (Mary Emma Gullatt)
                            Gordon A. May 1900 0months AL AL AL

                            1860 Township 3 Range 6East Jackson Co. AL

                            Shaba Sharp 32 Laborer AL
                            Mary M. 6 AL
                            William 3 AL

                            A. J. Taylor m. Shebe Sharpe 07 May 1861 Jackson Co. AL Justice of the Peace J. C. Tinney OS Page 134

                            I think this is the same William Sharp.

                            William H. Sharp m. Margaret Steward Jackson Co. AL 04 Jun 1877 Justice of the Peace Z. C. Kennemer OS Page 86

                            Wm. Henry Sharp d. Jackson Co. Nov 1927 Vol 45 Roll 2 Page 22304

                            J.W. Sharp d. 31 May 1948 Jackson Co.AL Vol 2 Cert. 12777 Roll 4

                            1910 Tupelo 13 Pct. Jackson Co. AL

                            Joseph W. Sharp Head 22 Mar.Once 5yr AL AL AL Farmer
                            Susie Wife 20 Mar.Once 5yr 2Child/2Living AL AL AL
                            Otis Son 3 AL AL AL
                            ???? F. Son 9months AL AL AL

                            1910 Hollywood, Jackson Co. AL
                            House 214 Family 219
                            William Sharp 56 Mar.2 10yrs AL AL AL Laborer Slat Mill
                            Nannie Wife 35 Mar.3 10yrs 4Child/3Living AL AL AL
                            Verna Dau 7
                            G. Albert Son 4
                            Parlee Dau 2

                            House 12 Family 12
                            J. William Sharp 28 mar.once 11 yrs AL AL AL Laborer Slat Mill
                            Emma 27 mar.one 11yrs 3Child/3Living AL AL AL This is Mary Emma Gullatt)
                            Gordon Son 9
                            Roy Son 5
                            Clamie W. son 2

                            1910 Tupelo Jackson Co. AL

                            House 3 Family 3
                            Joseph W. Sharp Head 22 mar.once 5yrs AL AL AL Farmer
                            Susie Wife 20 mar.once 5yrs 2Child/2Living AL AL AL
                            Otis Son 3
                            ???? F. Son 9months

                            1920 Scottsboro Pct, Jackson Co. AL

                            House 105 Family 106
                            Wheeler Sharp Head 32 Farmer
                            Susie Wife 30
                            Odis Son 13
                            Frank Son 10
                            Ollie Dau 7
                            Howard Son 5
                            Grady Son 0months

                            House 106 Family 107
                            Frank Sharp Head 34 Farmer
                            Almytie Wife 30
                            Birdie Dau 13
                            Gladis Dau 9
                            Stella Dau 2yrs 8months

                            1920 Hollywood Jackson Co. AL

                            House 375 Family 388
                            William Sharp 63 Farmer
                            Nanie Wife 44
                            Virnie Dau 17
                            Albert Son 14 Farm Lab
                            Parlee Dau 12
                            Hermon Son 6
                            Rosa Dau 4yrs 3months

                            House 335 Family 335
                            Will Sharp 41 Farmer
                            Emma 38 (Emma Gullatt)
                            Gordon Son 19 Farm Lab
                            Virgle Son 14 Farm Lab
                            Clama? Son 11
                            Homer Son 8
                            Claude Son 5
                            Thurman Son 2yrs 3months

                            1930 Beat 7 Pct 21 Scottsboro, Jackson Co. AL

                            House 150 Family 154
                            Wheeler Sharp 44 Age@1stMar.18 Farmer
                            Susie 43 Age@1stMar. 17
                            Frank Son 21 Farmer
                            Ollie M. Dau 18
                            Joe Son 15
                            Grady Son 11
                            Helen Dau 6
                            Margaret Dayu 3yrs ??months

                            House 150 Family 155
                            Otis Sharp Head 23 Age@1stmar. 20 Lab.Farm
                            Kate Wife 20 Age@1stMar. 17
                            Edith Dau 1yr ??months
                            Bettie J. 3months

                            House 151 Family 156
                            W. Frank Sharp 46 Lab Gen. Farm
                            Almeda?? 46
                            Stella Dau 12
                            Myrtle Dau 8
                            Annie Robinson Mother in Law 79 Wd. AL AL AL

                            1930 Hollywood Jackson Co. AL

                            Hoouse 23 Family 23
                            James W. (William) Sharp 50 Age@1stMar.20 Farmer
                            Mary E.(Emma Gullatt) 45 Age@1stMar.17
                            Homer Son 19 Farm Lab
                            Claud Son 15
                            Therman Son 12

                            House 25 Family 25
                            Gordon A. Sharp 29 Age@1stMar.19 Farmer
                            Pearl Age@1stMar.17
                            Anna R. Dau 7
                            Rosa L. Dau 4

                            Could not find the elder William Sharp his wife or the younger children on the 1930.

                            Some of the Sharps just disappear from the 1870 and 1880 census have not found them in any state.

                          • SUE LONG
                            Message 13 of 29 , Mar 13, 2006
                              Clay
                              you are a wonder you have uncovered my side of the Sharp family, Jacob B an Pelinna J Venable Sharp is my great grandparents they are the parents of William Will Sharp this is my father James William Lecial Sharp better know as Buddy Sharp.
                              Rebecca Alice Sharp an Thomas W.Hass is my great grand parents too their daughter Francis Lorriane Hass is my grandmother on my mother'sRebecca Mae Carter side Francis married Hester Carter of Gntersville Al.want to know more i will send it to u thanks Sue

                              William W married Flora Mae West daughter of John K West (JK)an Sarah maiden name unknown

                              <blackcloud27030@...> wrote:

                              > Sue
                              >
                              > Found nothing on Amos or Rubean.
                              >
                              > Becky A. Sharp m. Thomas W. Hass 08 May 1897 Jackson Co. by Justice
                              of the Peace J. W. Shelton OS Page 396

                              > 1920 Tupelo Jackson Co. AL
                              >
                              > House 128 Family 128
                              > Thomas W. Haas Head 51 AL AL AL Farmer
                              > Rebecca A. Wife 39 AL AL AL Labor Home Farm
                              > Thomas W. Son 20 Labor Home Farm All the children b. AL
                              > Della M. Dau 14 Labor Home Farm
                              > Josie B. Dau 12 Labor Home Farm
                              > Emma A. Dau 9
                              > William S. Son 7
                              > George F. 4yrs 4months Son
                              > Francis L. Dau
                              >
                              > He is indexed as Thomas W. Kaas and is living next door to:
                              >
                              > House 129 Family 129
                              > Jacob B. Sharp Head 69 AL NC AL Farmer
                              > Polina J. Wife 68 AL AL AL
                              > Sarah M. Tidwell Dau 20 AL AL AL (note: this age matches Susan E.
                              from the 1900 Sarah A.would have been 33)

                              > House 130 Family 130
                              > William W. Sharp Head 26 AL AL AL Farmer
                              > Flora M. Wife 20 AL AL AL
                              >
                              > This is my Sharp connection I do not know who this William Sharps's
                              parents were so don't know his connection to your Sharps. Emma was of
                              my Greatgreatuncle Thomas J. Gullatt's line, either a granddau or
                              greatgrandau.

                              > William Sharp m. Emma Gullatte (Gullatt) 13 Nov 1898 Jackson Co.
                              Minister of the Gospel M. Hill OS Page 51.

                              > 1900 Pct 21 (all outside Scottsboro) Jackson Co. AL
                              > House 141 Family 142
                              > William Sharp Head Mar 1879 21 mar.1yr AL AL AL Farmer
                              > Emma Wife Sept 1882 17 mar.1yr 1Child/1 Living AL AL AL
                              > Gordon A. Son May 1900 0 months AL AL AL
                              >
                              > Clay

                            • frances_lambert2000
                              Message 14 of 29 , Mar 13, 2006
                                Sorry I posted the wrong birth date for Pearl (Sharp) Johnson should
                                have been 18 feb 1915 death 25 sep 1997 buried Pisgah Cem. Married
                                Lewis Johnson on the 10 feb 1936 in Scottsboro Al. Lewis was born 22
                                sep 1908 died 7 sep 1981 they had two children.

                                --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "frances_lambert2000"
                                <frances_lambert2000@...> wrote:

                                > I have a Pearl Sharp b: 22 nov 1904 She married my dads bother
                                Lewis
                                > Johnson on the 10 feb 1936 If anyone has info on her please let me
                                > know . She had a brother Lois Sharp. they may have been raised by
                                > grandmother.
                                >
                                > --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, clay gullatt
                                > <blackcloud27030@> wrote:
                                > >
                                > > Sue
                                > >
                                > > Found nothing on Amos or Rubean.
                                > >
                                > > Becky A. Sharp m. Thomas W. Hass 08 May 1897 Jackson Co. by
                                Justice
                                > of the Peace J. W. Shelton OS Page 396
                                > >
                                > > 1920 Tupelo Jackson Co. AL
                                > >
                                > > House 128 Family 128
                                > > Thomas W. Haas Head 51 AL AL AL Farmer
                                > > Rebecca A. Wife 39 AL AL AL Labor Home Farm
                                > > Thomas W. Son 20 Labor Home Farm All the children b. AL
                                > > Della M. Dau 14 Labor Home Farm
                                > > Josie B. Dau 12 Labor Home Farm
                                > > Emma A. Dau 9
                                > > William S. Son 7
                                > > George F. 4yrs 4months Son
                                > > Francis L. Dau
                                > >
                                > > He is indexed as Thomas W. Kaas and is living next door to:
                                > >
                                > > House 129 Family 129
                                > > Jacob B. Sharp Head 69 AL NC AL Farmer
                                > > Polina J. Wife 68 AL AL AL
                                > > Sarah M. Tidwell Dau 20 AL AL AL (note: this age matches Susan
                                E.
                                > from the 1900 Sarah A.would have been 33)
                                > >
                                > > House 130 Family 130
                                > > William W. Sharp Head 26 AL AL AL Farmer
                                > > Flora M. Wife 20 AL AL AL
                                > >
                                > > This is my Sharp connection I do not know who this William
                                Sharps's
                                > parents were so don't know his connection to your Sharps. Emma was
                                of
                                > my Greatgreatuncle Thomas J. Gullatt's line, either a granddau or
                                > greatgrandau.
                                > >
                                > > William Sharp m. Emma Gullatte (Gullatt) 13 Nov 1898 Jackson Co.
                                > Minister of the Gospel M. Hill OS Page 51.
                                > >
                                > > 1900 Pct 21 (all outside Scottsboro) Jackson Co. AL
                                > > House 141 Family 142
                                > > William Sharp Head Mar 1879 21 mar.1yr AL AL AL Farmer
                                > > Emma Wife Sept 1882 17 mar.1yr 1Child/1 Living AL AL AL
                                > > Gordon A. Son May 1900 0 months AL AL AL
                                > >
                                > > Clay

                              • SUE LONG
                                Message 15 of 29 , Mar 13, 2006
                                  hi frances
                                  i was wondering if this lewis johnson was kin to rosie johnson who married linclon fowler.she was last married to her second cousin earl johnson this is my husband's
                                  grandparents his mother was pollye t fowler who married euwing long. thanks sue long

                                  <frances_lambert2000@...> wrote:

                                  > I have a Pearl Sharp b: 22 nov 1904 She married my dads bother
                                  Lewis
                                  > Johnson on the 10 feb 1936 If anyone has info on her please let me
                                  > know . She had a brother Lois Sharp. they may have been raised by
                                  > grandmother.
                                  >
                                  > --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, clay gullatt
                                  > <blackcloud27030@> wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > Sue
                                  > >
                                  > > Found nothing on Amos or Rubean.
                                  > >
                                  > > Becky A. Sharp m. Thomas W. Hass 08 May 1897 Jackson Co. by
                                  Justice
                                  > of the Peace J. W. Shelton OS Page 396
                                  > >
                                  > > 1920 Tupelo Jackson Co. AL
                                  > >
                                  > > House 128 Family 128
                                  > > Thomas W. Haas Head 51 AL AL AL Farmer
                                  > > Rebecca A. Wife 39 AL AL AL Labor Home Farm
                                  > > Thomas W. Son 20 Labor Home Farm All the children b. AL
                                  > > Della M. Dau 14 Labor Home Farm
                                  > > Josie B. Dau 12 Labor Home Farm
                                  > > Emma A. Dau 9
                                  > > William S. Son 7
                                  > > George F. 4yrs 4months Son
                                  > > Francis L. Dau
                                  > >
                                  > > He is indexed as Thomas W. Kaas and is living next door to:
                                  > >
                                  > > House 129 Family 129
                                  > > Jacob B. Sharp Head 69 AL NC AL Farmer
                                  > > Polina J. Wife 68 AL AL AL
                                  > > Sarah M. Tidwell Dau 20 AL AL AL (note: this age matches Susan
                                  E.
                                  > from the 1900 Sarah A.would have been 33)
                                  > >
                                  > > House 130 Family 130
                                  > > William W. Sharp Head 26 AL AL AL Farmer
                                  > > Flora M. Wife 20 AL AL AL
                                  > >
                                  > > This is my Sharp connection I do not know who this William
                                  Sharps's
                                  > parents were so don't know his connection to your Sharps. Emma was
                                  of
                                  > my Greatgreatuncle Thomas J. Gullatt's line, either a granddau or
                                  > greatgrandau.
                                  > >
                                  > > William Sharp m. Emma Gullatte (Gullatt) 13 Nov 1898 Jackson Co.
                                  > Minister of the Gospel M. Hill OS Page 51.
                                  > >
                                  > > 1900 Pct 21 (all outside Scottsboro) Jackson Co. AL
                                  > > House 141 Family 142
                                  > > William Sharp Head Mar 1879 21 mar.1yr AL AL AL Farmer
                                  > > Emma Wife Sept 1882 17 mar.1yr 1Child/1 Living AL AL AL
                                  > > Gordon A. Son May 1900 0 months AL AL AL
                                  > >
                                  > > Clay

                                • Mary Winn
                                  Message 16 of 29 , Mar 14, 2006
                                    Clay, thank you for the info on Douglass Sharp. This was not my Douglass
                                    Sharp though. I think Mary Morris married him later in life than 1930. She
                                    had a first husband and several children with him. This might by my Doug
                                    Sharp, but with a first wife.

                                    Thank you for checking.

                                    Mary Winn Anderson

> [...]
                                    >
                                    > House 151 Family 156
                                    > W. Frank Sharp 46 Lab Gen. Farm
                                    > Almeda?? 46
                                    > Stella Dau 12
                                    > Myrtle Dau 8
                                    > Annie Robinson Mother in Law 79 Wd. AL AL AL
                                    >
                                    > 1930 Hollywood Jackson Co. AL
                                    >
                                    > Hoouse 23 Family 23
                                    > James W. (William) Sharp 50 Age@1stMar.20 Farmer
                                    > Mary E.(Emma Gullatt) 45 Age@1stMar.17
                                    > Homer Son 19 Farm Lab
                                    > Claud Son 15
                                    > Therman Son 12
                                    >
                                    > House 25 Family 25
                                    > Gordon A. Sharp 29 Age@1stMar.19 Farmer
                                    > Pearl Age@1stMar.17
                                    > Anna R. Dau 7
                                    > Rosa L. Dau 4
                                    >
                                    > Could not find the elder William Sharp his wife or the younger children on
                                    > the 1930.
                                    >
                                    > Some of the Sharps just disappear from the 1870 and 1880 census have not

                                  • frances_lambert2000
                                    Message 17 of 29 , Mar 14, 2006
                                      Sue I founda a Rosa M Johnson born abt 1913 had a second cousin
                                      named Oscar Earl Johnson born 25 oct 1910 I have no info on who she
                                      married shows that he married Ruby Mae Bellomy. Could this be them?
                                      Frances

                                      --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, SUE LONG <columbu3@...>
                                      wrote:

> [...]
                                      > > > Flora M. Wife 20 AL AL AL
                                      > > >
                                      > > > This is my Sharp connection I do not know who this William
                                      > Sharps's
                                      > > parents were so don't know his connection to your Sharps. Emma
                                      was
                                      > of
                                      > > my Greatgreatuncle Thomas J. Gullatt's line, either a granddau or
                                      > > greatgrandau.
                                      > > >
                                      > > > William Sharp m. Emma Gullatte (Gullatt) 13 Nov 1898 Jackson
                                      Co.
                                      > > Minister of the Gospel M. Hill OS Page 51.
                                      > > >
                                      > > > 1900 Pct 21 (all outside Scottsboro) Jackson Co. AL
                                      > > > House 141 Family 142
                                      > > > William Sharp Head Mar 1879 21 mar.1yr AL AL AL Farmer
                                      > > > Emma Wife Sept 1882 17 mar.1yr 1Child/1 Living AL AL AL
                                      > > > Gordon A. Son May 1900 0 months AL AL AL
                                      > > >
                                      > > > Clay

                                      > American family home insurance American family home
                                      insurance company American family home owner insurance Multi
                                      family home for sale Single family home for sale Family home
                                      finance

                                      Service.

                                      > ---------------------------------

                                    • SUE LONG
                                      Message 18 of 29 , Mar 14, 2006
                                        Frances
                                        Our Rosie was born 2/ 27/1904 she died in 9/9/1967, i'm not sure if it is are not she first married Monroe Lincoln Fowler.after hie death she married Earl an at his death she married Tommy Newsome.she had 3 childern by fowler 2 boys an 1 girl Pollye T Fowler
                                        Albert Fowler, Monroe Lincoln Fowler jr,
                                        This is my husband's side of the family have not learned about her parents or brothers asisters if eny, thanks for your help God bless

                                        Sue

                                        Message 19 of 29 , Mar 14, 2006
                                          Sue

                                          1910 Pct 17 Trenton Jackson Co. AL

                                          House 2 Family 2
                                          James A. Johnson Head 43 Mar.Once 21yrs AL AL AL Farmer
                                          Harriet Wife 35 Mar.Once 21 yrs 8Child/4Living AL AL AL
                                          Rosa L. Dau 6 AL AL AL
                                          Alva Son 4 AL AL AL
                                          Felix 3 Son AL AL AL

                                          I think this is the same family on the 1900 Census.

                                          1900 Hunt Store Jackson Co. AL

                                          House 64 Family 65
                                          James W. Johnson Head 36 Mar.10yrs TN NC TN Farmer
                                          Harriet C. Wife Jul 1869 Mar10yrs 5Child/4Living TN NC NC
                                          Rosie V. Dau Nov 1890 AL TN TN
                                          Paulina E. Dau May 1893 7 AL TN TN
                                          Edner B. Dau Jan 1895 5 AL TN TN
                                          James W. Jr. Son Jan 1898 1 AL TN TN

                                          I know the middle intials are different and there would be two daughters named Rosa. It was not unusal for a family to give more than one child the same name if the first one died. One of my greatmothersX6 back in early 1700s VA named a daughter Mary threes times she wanted a Mary so bad. From the above 1910 census all of these children died except one, probably Paulina E. and she must have married by 1910. Two of James and Harriet's children Rosa and Felix said their father was born in TN. One thing about the census is you don't know who is giving the answers or if they are correct.

                                          J. W. Johnson m. Harriet Ellen Olinger 11 Aug 1889 Jackson Co. AL Justice of the Peace R. H. Skelton OS Page 468

                                          1920 South Fork Rd. Bishop, Jackson Co. AL

                                          House 31 Family 32
                                          James Johnson Head 53 AL AL AL Farmer
                                          Dixie M. Wife 47 AL AL AL
                                          Healene??? 16 AL AL AL (this has to be Rosa)
                                          Alvia Son 12 AL AL AL
                                          Felix Son 10 AL AL AL
                                          Ferd Son 4yrs ??months AL AL AL
                                          Della Dau 1yr 2months AL AL AL

                                          1920 Fowler Cove Rd Bishop, Jackson Co. AL

                                          House 6 Family 7
                                          Monroe L. Fowler Head 41 Wd AL AL AL Farmer
                                          Ernest Son 16 AL AL AL
                                          Joe W. Son 12
                                          Frank E. Son 10
                                          Delbert Son 8
                                          Della Dau 5
                                          Thelma Dau 3yrs ??months
                                          Ennis 2yrs 1month

                                          1930 Fowler Cove Rd. Bishop Jackson Co. AL

                                          House 57 Family 57
                                          Monroe L. Fowler Head 48 age@1stmar.18 AL AL NC Farmer
                                          Rosa Wife 27 age@1stMar.18 AL TN AL
                                          Delbert Son 18 AL AL AL Lab. Farm
                                          Della O. Dau 14
                                          Thelma Dau 13
                                          Ena Son 12 (Ennis)
                                          Polly T. Dau 7
                                          Albert Son 4yrs 10months
                                          Junior Son 1yr 5months

                                          The Johnsons and Fowlers lived near each other on the 1920 census.

                                          1930 4th Civil Dist. Franklin Co. TN

                                          House 287 Family 299
                                          Felix Johnson Head 20 Age@1stmar 18 AL TN AL
                                          Ethel Wife 19 Age@1mar.16 2Child/2Living Al AL AL
                                          Grace J. Dau 2yrs 8months AL AL AL
                                          Christine Dau 3months AL AL AL

                                          Have more on the Fowlers if your husband wants it. The Olingers first appear on the 1900 Jackson Co. Census. Have not found James Johnson on the 1880 in TN, he was not in Jackson Co.

                                          Monroe's father was Asa D. Fowler b. 1848 AL and his grandfather was Ferman/Furman Fowler b. 1794 SC he appears first on the 1830 Jackson Co. Census. Furman first patented land in Jackson Co. in 1831, 1 in 1858 and 2 in 1860, you can go to the BLM GLO website and download a copy of his original patents.

                                          Asa D. Fowler m. Dubby E. Lee 25 May 1873 Jackson Co. AL Justice of the Peace John Sanders OS Page 218

                                        • SUE LONG

                                              Message 22 of 29 , Mar 21, 2006
                                                Sue, I'm interested in your great grandmother Pelinna J. Venable Sharp. I
                                                have a Jeanette Venable on the 1900 Franklin Co. census , she is the
                                                daughter of Georgie Green and Simon Venable. Georgie is the daughter of
                                                Mary Landess and Townsend Porter Green Mary Landess is the daughter of
                                                Grace Thompson and Henry Harmon Landess and a sister to my great grandfather
                                                Joseph Thompson Landess. Is there any connection? Thanks, Frances Landess
                                                Sadler
                                                > you are a wonder you have uncovered my side of the Sharp family,
                                                Jacob B an Pelinna J Venable Sharp is my great grandparents they are the
                                                parents of William Will Sharp this is my father James William Lecial Sharp
                                                better know as Buddy Sharp.
                                                > Rebecca Alice Sharp an Thomas W.Hass is my great grand parents too
                                                their daughter Francis Lorriane Hass is my grandmother on my
                                                mother'sRebecca Mae Carter side Francis married Hester Carter of Gntersville
                                                Al.want to know more i will send it to u thanks Sue

                                                > William W married Flora Mae West daughter of John K West (JK)an Sarah
                                                maiden name unknown

                                                > s_lambert2000@...> wrote:
                                                > I have a Pearl Sharp b: 22 nov 1904 She married my dads bother Lewis
                                                > Johnson on the 10 feb 1936 If anyone has info on her please let me
                                                > know . She had a brother Lois Sharp. they may have been raised by
                                                > grandmother.
                                                >
                                                > --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, clay gullatt
                                                > <blackcloud27030@...> wrote:
                                                > >
                                                > > Sue
                                                > >
                                                > > Found nothing on Amos or Rubean.
                                                > >
                                                > > Becky A. Sharp m. Thomas W. Hass 08 May 1897 Jackson Co. by Justice
                                                > of the Peace J. W. Shelton OS Page 396
                                                > >
                                                > > 1920 Tupelo Jackson Co. AL
                                                > >
                                                > > House 128 Family 128
                                                > > Thomas W. Haas Head 51 AL AL AL Farmer
                                                > > Rebecca A. Wife 39 AL AL AL Labor Home Farm
                                                > > Thomas W. Son 20 Labor Home Farm All the children b. AL
                                                > > Della M. Dau 14 Labor Home Farm
                                                > > Josie B. Dau 12 Labor Home Farm
                                                > > Emma A. Dau 9
                                                > > William S. Son 7
                                                > > George F. 4yrs 4months Son
                                                > > Francis L. Dau
                                                > >
                                                > > He is indexed as Thomas W. Kaas and is living next door to:
                                                > >
                                                > > House 129 Family 129
                                                > > Jacob B. Sharp Head 69 AL NC AL Farmer
                                                > > Polina J. Wife 68 AL AL AL
                                                > > Sarah M. Tidwell Dau 20 AL AL AL (note: this age matches Susan E.
                                                > from the 1900 Sarah A.would have been 33)
                                                > >
                                                > > House 130 Family 130
                                                > > William W. Sharp Head 26 AL AL AL Farmer
                                                > > Flora M. Wife 20 AL AL AL
                                                > >
                                                > > This is my Sharp connection I do not know who this William Sharps's
                                                > parents were so don't know his connection to your Sharps. Emma was of
                                                > my Greatgreatuncle Thomas J. Gullatt's line, either a granddau or
                                                > greatgrandau.
                                                > >
                                                > > William Sharp m. Emma Gullatte (Gullatt) 13 Nov 1898 Jackson Co.
                                                > Minister of the Gospel M. Hill OS Page 51.
                                                > >
                                                > > 1900 Pct 21 (all outside Scottsboro) Jackson Co. AL
                                                > > House 141 Family 142
                                                > > William Sharp Head Mar 1879 21 mar.1yr AL AL AL Farmer
                                                > > Emma Wife Sept 1882 17 mar.1yr 1Child/1 Living AL AL AL
                                                > > Gordon A. Son May 1900 0 months AL AL AL
                                                > >
                                                > > Clay

                                                > American family home insurance American family home insurance
                                                company American family home owner insurance Multi family home for
                                                sale Single family home for sale Family home finance

                                                > ---------------------------------

                                              • SUE LONG
                                                Message 23 of 29 , Mar 22, 2006
                                                  Hi Frances
                                                  I really an truthful could not tell you.I don't know a whole lot about them but i do know her parents was Caroline an Phillip Venable there was a Jonas where it was a son or brother never was clear I think she had a brother name Thomsa Venable that lived at Woodville cause I can remember going to his house when i was a child.
                                                  I would like to learn more about this family too so I can pass it on to my children an gchildren. Good luck we are going to need it looks like, God bless you all..
                                                  Sue

                                                • SUE LONG
                                                  Message 24 of 29 , Aug 8, 2006
                                                    Dear Frances
                                                    I 'm not sure if they are related are not, Did your Simon have a brother named Phillip ? if he did then we are related my dad always said that Thomas Venable
                                                    of Woodville was my great uncle, the only thing i know is what has been handed down over the years an that is they came from missiour to alabama in the 1800.by covered wagon, do no that there a picture of them that my anut ethel sharp downs had of them but where it wernt after her death there is no telling,
                                                    Pelinna 's parents are Phillip an Caroline Venable there was also a picture of Jones
                                                    Venable i don't know if it was her brother or a uncle that was never clear,I would like to learn more about them too . but I'm sure that as u know if families don't talk about the older one then the younger people done learn about them right,
                                                    Well I hope this help u out,

                                                  • SUE LONG
                                                    Message 25 of 29 , Aug 17, 2006
                                                      Frances
                                                      Did your Simon have a brother named Phillip if so we may be kin.cause Phillip was Pelinna's father her Mother is Caroline maiden name unknow.
                                                      What ever u have I would love to here more about these people. i know there is alot of stories that are un heard.