Re: [jacksongenealogy] Re: Free WWI draft card and 1870 census on Ancestry.com

  • Debbie Jordan
    Message 1 of 18 , Mar 2, 2006
      I have a subscription and would do some checks for anyone . My time is
      limited but I will do what I can.
    • m3b3p3
      Message 2 of 18 , Mar 2, 2006
        I am looking for records for James J Walker, David S Walker, Jr. and
        Drury L Walker who lived in Fackler, Jackson Co AL during WWI. I would
        appreciate a lookup for them. Thank you very much!
        Margie
        mbpowell@...

        --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Debbie Jordan"

        Message 3 of 18 , Mar 2, 2006
          Margie

          James Joseph Walker and Drury Leroy Walker are on the Jackson Co. Index but not David S. The only David S. I found was in Hawkins Co. TN. I will email the Images to you. Are you looking for 1870 census info?

        • Margie Powell
          Message 4 of 18 , Mar 2, 2006
            Hawkins Co TN MAY BE my David Walker, Jr. Their father was David S Walker, born 1848, and I'd love his 1870 information if you have it! Thank you very much for your help!

            Sincerely,

            Margie
            mbpowell@...

            Message 5 of 18 , Mar 2, 2006
              Margie

              The one in TN is not your David Walker yours was in Jackson Co. in 1870. David Walker Jr. WW1 Reg. Card was in Hutchinson Co. TX. I am sending it as well as the 1870 thru 1920 Census Images to you by email.

            • Margie Powell
              Message 6 of 18 , Mar 3, 2006
                Clay,

                Thank you so much for this information!!!
                How did you find him in Hutchinson Co TX?
                This matches with the family history since one of his sisters bought land in Hutchinson at one point.

                Again, thank you very much.