Re: [jacksongenealogy] Practical assistance

  • Tracy Lynn Wilson
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 6, 2000
      >I missed your question about dining. I am sure some of the local people on
      >this list can help you better with that question than I can. I went to
      >Western Sizzler and did not enjoy it but it may have been the time of day
      or
      >just a bad day. I won't down it for the one time. There is one place to eat
      >if you are in Section. I don't remember the name but my Uncle Johnny Neeley
      >took me there and the food was wonderful. It is just a small diner right in
      >the middle of the small town. I don't believe you can miss it. Once I
      >discovered the refrigerator and microwave in the room I really had no need
      >go out.

      That diner has closed. The last owners of the diner have opened a new one
      on HWY 35 in Section.

      Tracy Fossett Wilson
      Section, AL
    • Sandra Walters
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 7, 2000
        Hi,
        I live in Jackson county , in the Section area, I have at different times,
        stayed at a few of the M / Hotels there (time away from the kids), in my
        opinion, The Comfort Inn 256-574-6740 and The Hampton Inn 1-800-426-7866 or
        256-259-4300 are the best places to stay... My favorite being The Hampton, a
        little more expensive, but a lot nicer....Both can be found on Hwy. 72 in
        Scottsboro also known as John T Reid Pkwy.... If your visit is going to be
        after Oct 31, there will be a new Ruby Tuesdays to open up on that date...
        Also, there is a Western Sizzlin (not recommended) and a Shoney's within
        two - three minutes of the Hampton... Other restaurants on John T Reid are,
        Kentucky Fried Chicken, Taco Bell, Hardees, McDonalds, all to the left of
        the Hampton Inn, There is also a Big K-Mart in this direction. To the right
        of the Hampton, under the Hwy 35 overpass, there is a Blimpie Subs, Papa
        Johns Pizza, and Krystals (not recommended). Here you will also find a
        Wal-Mart Super Center and several other smaller stores in this shopping
        plaza.... While you are here.... A Must See place to visit is the
        Scottsboro - Jackson County Heritage Center located at 208 S. Houston St...
        256-259-2122 There is a $ 2.00 admission fee but well worth 6 - 8
        dollars.... Here you can also do research for free.....
        I hope this has given you some help in your decision to visit.....
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 7, 2000
          Hi Tracy,
          Just thought I would say hello to someone located in our quaint little rural
          town of Section...
          Sandie