Re: First posting with some specific surnames, Gould/Gold, West, Wininger & others

  • frances_lambert2000
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 15 8:48 AM
      welcome to Alabama. If you haven't checked the book Shelton,Wininger
      and Pace Families it has a lot of the names that you are researching.
      I have the book. Do you have the decendants of Celia Elizabeth
      (betty ) West? one of their decendants Virgina Shelton Married Ira
      Calvin Little He is the son of Tate Little And Dovie Alma(Wilson)
      Little. Dovies's mother Was Jennie Johnson my greataunt.
      Frances

      --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com,
      LoisCockrell51@... wrote:

      > Hello, I am Lois Cockrell. I recently moved to Alabama from MS and
      I have
      > begun searching for information on these ancestors. Any
      information or
      > corrections will be greatly appreciated.
      >

      > Loyd Leslie Odell Gold, b. Oct 15, 1918 in Jackson Co. AL, d. Mar
      28, 1989
      > in Jackson Co. AL., married Edith Marie Miller, b. Abt. 1928 in
      Jackson Co.
      > AL, d. Abt. 1995 in a nursing home in South Pittsboro, Tennessee.
      >
      > His father was:
      >
      > James Sheridan 'Bob' West, b. Aug 21, 1866 in?, married
      Mary 'Molly' Shelton.

      > His father was:
      > John Kimsey West, b. Feb 24, 1844 probably in GA., d. Jackson Co.
      AL? He
      > married Amanda 'Mandy' Seabolt July 4, 1865 in AL.
      >
      > His father was: James West, b. unknown in probably NC married
      Celia Collins.
      > His father was: John West, b. unknown in Ireland or NC, d. AL.
      >
      > His father was: Samuel Benton Gold, b. May 14, 1886 in Letcher,
      Jackson
      > County, Alabama, d. Oct 09, 1955 in Alexander City ?, Jackson
      County, Alabama. He
      > married: Lula West on Sep 30, 1903 in Jackson County, Alabama, b.
      Jan 21,
      > 1887 in Jackson County, Alabama, d. Oct 30, 1956 in Jackson
      County, Alabama.
      > Her father was the above mentioned James Sheridan 'Bob' West.
      >
      > Samuel Benton Gold's father was:
      > Elijah Philip Gold, b. Mar 11, 1844 in Missouri, d. Mar 30, 1890
      in Jackson
      > County, Alabama, buried in Gold Cemetery?, Jackson Co. AL. He
      married Frances
      > 'Fannie' Wininger, b. Aug 07, 1849 in Jackson County, Alabama, d.
      Apr 27,
      > 1921 in Jackson County, Alabama, buried in Gold? Cemetery, Jackson
      Co. AL.

      > Elijah Philip Gould/Gold's father was:
      > Peter Holland Gold, b. Dec 06, 1821 in Gold Hill, Lincoln County,
      Tennessee,
      > d. Jun 17, 1896 in Jackson County, Alabama, buried in Box Cove
      Cem., Jackson
      > County, AL. he married Elizabeth Ann Allread, not sure of her
      surname, b.
      > May 04, 1828, unknown.
      >
      > Elijah Philip Gold's father was:
      > Thomas Gold, b. Jul 1794 in SC, d. Jul 18, 1874 in Jackson County,
      Alabama.
      > He married Nancy Holland, b. 1796 in unknown.
      >
      > Thomas Gould/Gold's father was: Michael Gold b. 1757/58 in
      probably
      > Sheffield, England, d. 1820 in Lewisburg, Marshall County ?,
      Tennessee.

      > Michael Gould/Gold's father was:
      > Jonathan Gold, b. 1732/33 in probably Sheffield, England
      >
      > The above mentioned Frances 'Fannie Winiger was the daughter of:
      > Solomon W. Wininger, b. 1802 in Hawkins County, Tennessee, d. Oct
      10, 1885
      > in Jackson County, Alabama. He married Elizabeth Betsy Evans, b.
      May 1814 in
      > Virginia, d. Mar 19, 1901 in Jackson County, Alabama.
      >
      > The above mentioned Loyd Leslie Odell Gold married Edith Marie
      Miller.
      > Edith Marie Miller father was:
      > Ephriam Miller, b. Abt. 1885 in AL or TN, d. Abt. 1958 in Marshall
      County,
      > Alabama. He married Dixie Lou Veelie 'Lily Of The Valley' McClain,
      daughter of
      > John or Frank McClain who d. in Jackson Co. AL & married Nancy
      > Pendergraff/Pendergrass.
      >
      > Ephiam Miller father was: John Miller, b. unknown in Tennessee, d.
      unknown
      > in Jackson County, Alabama. He married Mary Jane Swanner/ Swaim/
      Swimmer b.