Campbell--from Jackson County, Alabama

  • Janie Ralls
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 11, 2006
      I also have Campbells in Jackson County, Alabama. I am researching John Campbell, born ca 1779 in VA. I descend from his son, George Lafayette Campbell who married Sarah Beason. I am trying to sort out the these Campbells. There was two John Campbells here. One was John J. Campbell who disappeared before the 1850 census. The other was my John Campbell. I would appreciate sharing information.

    • walddo2u@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 11, 2006
        I have a Benjamin "Mack" Campbell b. abt 1851 SC who married Paulina Paralee
        Delaney/Dulaney in Jackson Co Ala. in 1880, they had 9 children, Benj and
        Paulina moved to Tishomingo Ms, where she died, and Benj died in Pinellas Co. Fla,
        I believe he may of also been married to a Bell Goode (1 ch), and a Louella
        Alexander Dailey Medley.(3 ch) I have no info on who his parents were,
        Paulina Delaney Campbell was daug of William Delaney/Nancy Maples of Jackson Co.
        I'd appreciate any info if he connects to your Cmpbell line. Evelyn

      • kadiddle62
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 11, 2006
          --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, walddo2u@... wrote:

          > I have a Benjamin "Mack" Campbell b. abt 1851 SC who married
          Paulina Paralee
          > Delaney/Dulaney in Jackson Co Ala. in 1880, they had 9 children,
          Benj and
          > Paulina moved to Tishomingo Ms, where she died, and Benj died in
          Pinellas Co. Fla,
          > I believe he may of also been married to a Bell Goode (1 ch), and
          a Louella
          > Alexander Dailey Medley.(3 ch) I have no info on who his parents
          were,
          > Paulina Delaney Campbell was daug of William Delaney/Nancy Maples
          of Jackson Co.
          > I'd appreciate any info if he connects to your Cmpbell line.
          Evelyn

          My GGGrandfather was Benjamin Mack Campbell. He also was also
          known as Mac C Campbell. I've seen a picture of Paulina's grave and
          it says wife of Mac C. She also went by the name of Pliny. He was
          married to Belle Goode and Lou Alexander Medley. I can't seem to
          get any further than Mac either. I've found census reports where he
          says he was born in South Carolina and so were his parents. But no
          names of parents. If you find anything would you mind sharing with
          me. I will be glad to share if I ever find anything. My
          GGrandfather was Benjamin Lee Campbell or Bennie Lee. He was born
          while the family lived in Tishomingo County Ms. Kayla
        • walddo2u@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 11, 2006
            Hi Kayla, Thanks for replying, It's great to find new "cousins", no matter
            how distant, or connected. I'd be more than happy to share any of my info, but
            like you, I can't get past Mac either, but would be gratfull if you could fill
            in any of the Campbell children. I have 9 children listed for Mac/Paulina-no
            dates or info on some of them-1 Benjamin, no dates, 2-unknown Campbell 3-Annie
            C, 4-Nancy Elizabeth, 5-India, 6-Beulah, 7-Mary Ida, 8-Emma, and 9-Mattie
            Alice Campbell. Can you add to, or correct this? Paulina's sister Hanna Elizabeth
            Delaney was my great grandmother, she married James Nicholas Stephens in
            Jackson Co., and moved to Ark. their sister, Lydia Caroline Delaney married James
            brother Jesse Stephens, had two sons and died in Jackson/Marshall Co Ala, and
            Jesse Stephens m/2 Biddy Durham in 1874 Jackson Co, and had 4 more children.
            You can write me direct if you'd like--Walddo2u@...--Evelyn