Anyone out there working on a Carr family?

  • Robert Schneider
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2006
      Hi!

      I do this every so often. Is anyone out there working
      on the Carr family? John Carr primarily, born SC,
      about 1800; also, a few other Carrs in the county
      during the 1830-1860 period. If you're out there, I'd
      like to share research.

      There was a Carr family that was in Franklin County,
      TN back in the period 1805-1822. I suspect now that
      my Carr family was related to that one. If I'm right
      about that, then the Carrs were in old Pendleton
      District, SC just before leaving for TN and Alabama.
      Prior to Pendleton, SC, they were also in the portion
      of Wilkes County, GA that eventually became Elbert
      County, GA. (Late 1780s) If you trace these Carrs back
      far enough, you will find that they came here in 1685
      from Scotland with the original name of Ker/Kerr and
      landed in Monmouth County, NJ. From there, they
      spread into the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, then
      into GA and SC.

      Also interested in Dent, Taylor, Spence and Edwards
      families of Jackson County. Is there anybody out
      there with these research interezts--besides the
      stalwart Shirley Carter and Rich Edwards?!

      Robert Schneider