John Campbell, born 1779 Va

  • Janie Ralls
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 28, 2005
      I would like any information or advice about John Campbell, born 1779. He had children, John R. Campbell, Willis McLemore Campbell, George Lafayette Campbell, Sarah, Margaret, Emeline, and Martha. There was an Ellis M. Campbell who was probably also a son that lived beside him on the 1830 and 1840 census. This Ellis was listed on the 1850 Jackson County, AL Agricultural Census, but not on the census.

      I would also like any information on a John J. Campbell, born 1790-1800 that was listed on the Jackson County census in 1830 and 1840. He patented land at Township 3S, Range 4E, Section 32. Who was he? Where did he come from?

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 28, 2005
        Ellis Campbell b. 1804 VA is listed on the 1850 thru 1880 MO census. Died Dec 1881 Iron Co. MO. He listed VA VA VA for his birth info in 1880. From the age of the children on the 1850 who were born in AL he must have moved shortly after the 1840 census.

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 28, 2005
          Ellis Campbell is also on the 1840 MO census.