RE: THOMAS EVANS ON JACKSON CO. CENSUS RECORDS

  • jmje36@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 8, 2005
      Dear Clay,

      Thank you so very much. Now, I have a HUGE question to ask you: would you
      be able to check the 1830 & 1840 census to see if there are any JOHNSON
      families living in the area close to Thomas Evans.

      William Johnson, who married Jane "Gincy" Evans, has got to connect to my
      line of Johnson. (my John Johnson was in Jackson Co, prob. 1818-1820, but my
      first actual documtation is an 1831 land grant. John had unknown other
      brothers, and I believe this William Johnson is a nephew to my John Johnson. I have
      tracked William and Evans. They migrate with Johnsons in my line. But, who is
      the father of William who married Jane Evans?

      Would be so very grateful. Have searched my Johnson family for a very long
      time. I must be a nut, or something.

      Regards, Judy Johnson Erickson, TX

      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 8, 2005
        Judy

        Thomas Evans is on page 8 of the 1840 census on page 11 is George W. Johnson age 40-50. This is the only one I saw who has a son of between 15-20 which is what William Johnson would have been in 1840. So this most likely is the father of your William Johnson. This is the only census that this George W. Johnson appears on. A different younger George W. is on the 1850.