1850 JACKSON CO. ALABAMA CENSUS

  • jmje36@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2005
      Dear List,

      I would like to ask for information on two families on pg. 59 of the 1850
      Jackson Co. AL Census. I will certainly appreciate any and all information. The
      two families are:

      H/H 117: Medlin DUNHAM, age 30, b AL: wife Sarah, age 34 b. TN. (no
      children shown).

      H/H 118: William JOHNSON, age 28, b. TN: wife Gincy (unclear, but her name
      is Jane according to 1860 census), age 20 b. AL: two sons: Isaac, age 3, b.
      AL and Rubin, age 1, b. AL.

      Medlin DUNHAM is the s/o Richard DUNHAM, b. 1795. In addition to Medlin,
      there are two other sons of Richard DUNHAM in Jackson Co. in 1850: they are
      Elijah & John. I have no info on these two brothers.

      By 1860, William JOHNSON is in Hopkins Co. TX, with wife Jane, sons Isaac,
      Reubin, Archibald, Frederic, and William. I cannot locate Medlin DUNHAM in 1860
      census. (Medlin is in Dallas Co. TX in 1870).

      My questions: (1) Can anybody identify this William JOHNSON , who was born @
      1823-1825 TN and married to "Jane". Does anybody have info on him, or his
      family, after the 1860 census? I would be VERY grateful for any tidbit of
      info on this man.

      (2) Does anybody know where Medlin DUNHAM is in 1850?

      Thank you very much. Always willing to exc info with another to benefit each
      of us.

      Regards, Judy Johnson Erickson, TX