NEW MEMBER :TUBB/TUBBS ROGERS GULLATT GRIGGS YORK SELBY

  • country_cheeky
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30, 2005
      Marion York 1828
      Mary Ann York 1837
      known children
      Sarah An E York 1860 married Mat Isbell
      Joseph C 1862
      Lidie Alice 1865 married Franklin S Tipton
      Martha C J 1869 married Lon Jeffrey
      Mary Ann 1871 married John Griggs
      Rachel W O 1874
      James J H 1878
      All the kids except last one born tennessee.The only census
      that has Marion and Mary Ann is the 1880.
      John Griggs and Mary Ann 1871 are my great grand parents.
      Need to know parents of Marion and Mary Ann York.
      Need to know the parents of John Griggs.
      John Griggs and Mary Ann married 1891.
      There is a tombstone on their grave says both were born 1874.
      John Griggs death certificate said he was 48 when he died in 1917.
      He is listed on 1900 census at a different age. Head of household
      1910 list his dead son James B as head of Household.
      Also I am looking for the parents of Matilda,Nancy and Rhoda Davis.
      Matilda Davis married John Tubb son of william
      Nancy Davis married George Tubb son of william
      Rhoda Davis married Moses Higginbotham
      William Tubb married Mary Belle Proctor son of william tubb
      SIlas Tubb son of John and Matilda married Margaret E Gullatt
      They had William C 1877-1953 married Sarah Frances Rogers.
      Janie Alice never married.Sarah Elizabeth married G W Gamble
      Margaret Ellen,Tilda J 1885-1913 married John Womack.
      Charles Preston 1891-1891.Margaret E Gullatt Tubb dies 1891.
      Silas married Mary Clementine Robertson Womack Gullatt, they had 2
      kids John Thomas and Jess.
      Then Silas married Bette Southerland, they had no kids.
      Silas Tubbs died 1901.
      thanks
      Phyllis
    • zrcb@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 30, 2005
        Do you have anymore information about Bette Southerland who was married to
        Silas Tubbs.
        I think she may have been my Grandmother Ida Southerlands mother.
        Chuck Boyd

      • country_cheeky
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 30, 2005
          --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, zrcb@a... wrote:

          > Do you have anymore information about Bette Southerland who was
          married to
          > Silas Tubbs.
          > I think she may have been my Grandmother Ida Southerlands mother.
          > Chuck Boyd

          all I have is a copy of marriage license for oct 1 1895 hollywood
          alabama,there is no other info on it
          sorry
          Phyllis
        • dougonie
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 1, 2005
            my great grandpartents was matt and sarah isbell.i can not find out any
            thing about them.thank you so much for any help you could give.
            thanks onie