Re: [jacksongenealogy] Jackson Co. Ala.

  • Dana0333@aol.com
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 17, 2000
      To: Mary Winn Anderson,

      I have heard Mother speek of her Uncle Cal, I belive that is BeBay's (Jean
      Morris Towlry) Daddy. She lives on the first street of this subdevision
      (Smith St.)
      When ya'll come in for a visit give me a call, and I'll try to hook You,
      BeBay, and my Mother up, and let ya'll visit etc. I'm sure Aunt Susie (Viola
      Green) will also be a good for for information.

      donna

      In a message dated 9/16/00 7:17:07 PM Central Daylight Time, marywinn@...
      writes:

      << Small world indeed Donna!

      We plan to be up there later this month. Perhaps we'll meet you then. I
      have
      much Morris information I can share. My Morris Brick Wall is Calvin T.
      Morris, b. abt 1831. I can't seem to get any further back on the Morris
      family than that.

      regards,
      Mary Winn Anderson

    • Dana0333@aol.com
      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 17, 2000
        Hey Jewel,

        My dad Howard Sanders from Holly Tree wanted me to ask you if you were a
        Cagle?

        donna
      • J Casey
        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 17, 2000
          No, Donna, I am Jewel Dean (Hambrick) Graham Casey. As I said, I was born
          near Princeton and attended school there. My parents were Calvin M. and
          Eliza (Anderson) Hambrick. We moved to Huntland, TN in Jan 1945 and I
          attended school there. My parents lived on Alabama Street, Huntland till
          they passed away, Mom in 1982 and Dad in 1984. They are buried at Clay
          Cemetery in Princeton, AL. I'm sure you and your Dad will be able to make
          the connections now.

        • marywinn@aol.com
          Message 4 of 18 , Sep 17, 2000
            Thanks Donna, will do.
            Regards,
            Mary Winn
          • Raymond Shirley
            Message 5 of 18 , Sep 18, 2000
              J Casey wrote:

              > Yes, Jim Anderson and I are really cousins. Out grandpa's were twin
              > brothers. My Grandpa was Tom H. Anderson and Jim's grandpa was John Hollis
              > Anderson. So all of you Anderson's out there join in and let's really get
              > the Anderson family going. By the way John and Tom were the twin sons of
              > William G. and Eliza (Harding) Anderson and William G. Anderson was the son
              > of Horatio and Elizabeth Anderson who settled in Jackson County, AL
              > sometimes late 1840's.
              > Thanks
              > Jewel

              I'm a great grandson of Andrew Murray Anderson, married first Ann Gailey and
              second Bettie Bowman. Andrew was son of Robert H. Anderson married first Judith
              Ligon and second Millissa Dunn. Any connection with your line?
              Ray Shirley
            • J Casey
              Message 6 of 18 , Sep 18, 2000
                Where did your Anderson family live?

              • marywinn@aol.com
                Message 7 of 18 , Sep 18, 2000
                  Hello Ray Shirley--My husband Jim Anderson's grandfather, John Hollis
                  Anderson b.1878, married Nancy Morton Bowman, b. 1882. These Bowmans were
                  from Overton County, TN. Any connections to your Bowmans?

                  I don't recognize your Andersons.

                  Regards,
                  Mary Winn Anderson