Re: [jacksongenealogy] Request for help from a list member posted

  • James and Barbara Dooley
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 9, 2005
      How do we view the pictures? When I clicked on the icon for the first
      picture, it took me to something called Gmail, where I was supposed to sign
      in with a password.

      Barbara Dooley

      At 08:24 AM 11/9/2005, you wrote:
      >Please go to *http://www.rootsweb.com/~aljackso/ and look at the bottom of
      >the page for a help request link. Help is needed in identification of some
      >old photos.*
      >*Thanks for your help.*
      >**
      >*Richard, list coord*

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Richard Matthews
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 9, 2005
        Ooooppps,
        I will straighten that out right away. Wait a while and try the link again.
        You may have to do a refresh when the linked page loads. Sorry for the mix
        up, got in too big of a hurry
        Richard

        On 11/9/05, James and Barbara Dooley <jb.dooley@...> wrote:

        > How do we view the pictures? When I clicked on the icon for the first
        > picture, it took me to something called Gmail, where I was supposed to
        > sign
        > in with a password.
        >
        > Barbara Dooley
        >

        > At 08:24 AM 11/9/2005, you wrote:
        > >Please go to *http://www.rootsweb.com/~aljackso/ and look at the bottom
        > of
        > >the page for a help request link. Help is needed in identification of
        > some
        > >old photos.*
        > >*Thanks for your help.*
        > >**
        > >*Richard, list coord*

        > >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Richard Matthews
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 9, 2005
          O.K. all is well now (I think). You can go directly to the link here
          http://www.rootsweb.com/~aljackso/help.htm . For those of you with slower
          computers or connections to the internet, this viewing may take a few
          moments. I tried to make the photos big enough to see the detail but small
          enough to load without waiting too long.
          Anyway, these are really interesting photos and who knows somebody might be
          able to identify some family connections.
          Sorry about the mix up, I turn 60 in a few days so maybe I am starting to
          have Senior moments. May be a comment I heard the other day applies to me
          now. It was " If his brains were dynamite, he couldn't blow his hat off".
          On another subject, while I am writing, Somebody ask me the other day about
          my email name "messabout" well it comes from a children's story about some
          animals who lived down by the lake ("Wind in the Willows" it's called) and
          one of the little critters explained what he liked about boats by saying, "
          There's nothing better to do than just messin' about in boats".S ince I feel
          a lot the same way, I chose that name, "Messabout". I do a good bit of
          messin' about in boatsmyself.
          Richard

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 9, 2005
            Thanks, Richard. I'll try again later.