Re: [jacksongenealogy] Jackson Co. Ala.

  • J Casey
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 16, 2000
      OK, give us some dates on these people and see if we can connect
      Jewel
      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 17, 2000
        To: Mary Winn Anderson,

        I have heard Mother speek of her Uncle Cal, I belive that is BeBay's (Jean
        Morris Towlry) Daddy. She lives on the first street of this subdevision
        (Smith St.)
        When ya'll come in for a visit give me a call, and I'll try to hook You,
        BeBay, and my Mother up, and let ya'll visit etc. I'm sure Aunt Susie (Viola
        Green) will also be a good for for information.

        donna

        In a message dated 9/16/00 7:17:07 PM Central Daylight Time, marywinn@...
        writes:

        << Small world indeed Donna!

        We plan to be up there later this month. Perhaps we'll meet you then. I
        have
        much Morris information I can share. My Morris Brick Wall is Calvin T.
        Morris, b. abt 1831. I can't seem to get any further back on the Morris
        family than that.

        regards,
        Mary Winn Anderson

      • Dana0333@aol.com
        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 17, 2000
          Hey Jewel,

          My dad Howard Sanders from Holly Tree wanted me to ask you if you were a
          Cagle?

          donna
        • J Casey
          Message 4 of 18 , Sep 17, 2000
            No, Donna, I am Jewel Dean (Hambrick) Graham Casey. As I said, I was born
            near Princeton and attended school there. My parents were Calvin M. and
            Eliza (Anderson) Hambrick. We moved to Huntland, TN in Jan 1945 and I
            attended school there. My parents lived on Alabama Street, Huntland till
            they passed away, Mom in 1982 and Dad in 1984. They are buried at Clay
            Cemetery in Princeton, AL. I'm sure you and your Dad will be able to make
            the connections now.

          • marywinn@aol.com
            Message 5 of 18 , Sep 17, 2000
              Thanks Donna, will do.
              Regards,
              Mary Winn
            • Raymond Shirley
              Message 6 of 18 , Sep 18, 2000
                J Casey wrote:

                > Yes, Jim Anderson and I are really cousins. Out grandpa's were twin
                > brothers. My Grandpa was Tom H. Anderson and Jim's grandpa was John Hollis
                > Anderson. So all of you Anderson's out there join in and let's really get
                > the Anderson family going. By the way John and Tom were the twin sons of
                > William G. and Eliza (Harding) Anderson and William G. Anderson was the son
                > of Horatio and Elizabeth Anderson who settled in Jackson County, AL
                > sometimes late 1840's.
                > Thanks
                > Jewel

                I'm a great grandson of Andrew Murray Anderson, married first Ann Gailey and
                second Bettie Bowman. Andrew was son of Robert H. Anderson married first Judith
                Ligon and second Millissa Dunn. Any connection with your line?
                Ray Shirley
              • J Casey
                Message 7 of 18 , Sep 18, 2000
                  Where did your Anderson family live?

                • marywinn@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 18 , Sep 18, 2000
                    Hello Ray Shirley--My husband Jim Anderson's grandfather, John Hollis
                    Anderson b.1878, married Nancy Morton Bowman, b. 1882. These Bowmans were
                    from Overton County, TN. Any connections to your Bowmans?

                    I don't recognize your Andersons.

                    Regards,
                    Mary Winn Anderson