Re: [jacksongenealogy] Jackson Co. Ala.

  • marywinn@aol.com
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 16, 2000
      Hi Again Donna,

      Just wanted to let you know that Jewel is a cousin of Jim's (my husband).
      She is related through Miss Emma's husband Forrest.

      Regards,
      Mary Winn Anderson
    • J Casey
      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 16, 2000
        Yes, Jim Anderson and I are really cousins. Out grandpa's were twin
        brothers. My Grandpa was Tom H. Anderson and Jim's grandpa was John Hollis
        Anderson. So all of you Anderson's out there join in and let's really get
        the Anderson family going. By the way John and Tom were the twin sons of
        William G. and Eliza (Harding) Anderson and William G. Anderson was the son
        of Horatio and Elizabeth Anderson who settled in Jackson County, AL
        sometimes late 1840's.
        Thanks
        Jewel
        > Just wanted to let you know that Jewel is a cousin of Jim's (my husband).
        > She is related through Miss Emma's husband Forrest.
        >
        > Regards,
        > Mary Winn Anderson

      • J Casey
        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 16, 2000
          OK, give us some dates on these people and see if we can connect
          Jewel
          Message 4 of 18 , Sep 17, 2000
            To: Mary Winn Anderson,

            I have heard Mother speek of her Uncle Cal, I belive that is BeBay's (Jean
            Morris Towlry) Daddy. She lives on the first street of this subdevision
            (Smith St.)
            When ya'll come in for a visit give me a call, and I'll try to hook You,
            BeBay, and my Mother up, and let ya'll visit etc. I'm sure Aunt Susie (Viola
            Green) will also be a good for for information.

            donna

            In a message dated 9/16/00 7:17:07 PM Central Daylight Time, marywinn@...
            writes:

            << Small world indeed Donna!

            We plan to be up there later this month. Perhaps we'll meet you then. I
            have
            much Morris information I can share. My Morris Brick Wall is Calvin T.
            Morris, b. abt 1831. I can't seem to get any further back on the Morris
            family than that.

            regards,
            Mary Winn Anderson

          • Dana0333@aol.com
            Message 5 of 18 , Sep 17, 2000
              Hey Jewel,

              My dad Howard Sanders from Holly Tree wanted me to ask you if you were a
              Cagle?

              donna
            • J Casey
              Message 6 of 18 , Sep 17, 2000
                No, Donna, I am Jewel Dean (Hambrick) Graham Casey. As I said, I was born
                near Princeton and attended school there. My parents were Calvin M. and
                Eliza (Anderson) Hambrick. We moved to Huntland, TN in Jan 1945 and I
                attended school there. My parents lived on Alabama Street, Huntland till
                they passed away, Mom in 1982 and Dad in 1984. They are buried at Clay
                Cemetery in Princeton, AL. I'm sure you and your Dad will be able to make
                the connections now.

              • marywinn@aol.com
                Message 7 of 18 , Sep 17, 2000
                  Thanks Donna, will do.
                  Regards,
                  Mary Winn
                • Raymond Shirley
                  Message 8 of 18 , Sep 18, 2000
                    J Casey wrote:

                    > Yes, Jim Anderson and I are really cousins. Out grandpa's were twin
                    > brothers. My Grandpa was Tom H. Anderson and Jim's grandpa was John Hollis
                    > Anderson. So all of you Anderson's out there join in and let's really get
                    > the Anderson family going. By the way John and Tom were the twin sons of
                    > William G. and Eliza (Harding) Anderson and William G. Anderson was the son
                    > of Horatio and Elizabeth Anderson who settled in Jackson County, AL
                    > sometimes late 1840's.
                    > Thanks
                    > Jewel

                    I'm a great grandson of Andrew Murray Anderson, married first Ann Gailey and
                    second Bettie Bowman. Andrew was son of Robert H. Anderson married first Judith
                    Ligon and second Millissa Dunn. Any connection with your line?
                    Ray Shirley
                  • J Casey
                    Message 9 of 18 , Sep 18, 2000
                      Where did your Anderson family live?

                    • marywinn@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 18 , Sep 18, 2000
                        Hello Ray Shirley--My husband Jim Anderson's grandfather, John Hollis
                        Anderson b.1878, married Nancy Morton Bowman, b. 1882. These Bowmans were
                        from Overton County, TN. Any connections to your Bowmans?

                        I don't recognize your Andersons.

                        Regards,
                        Mary Winn Anderson