Shepard Shelton who lived in Jackson Co, AL

  • Ruth Huffine
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 4, 2005
      Does anyone in the group have any information on my relative, Shepard Shelton (1791-1876), regarding who his parents were?
      He lived in Jackson Co from 1827 until his death and he and his wife, Rosina Chapman Shelton, had 11 children. They were Martha, William L., Marticia, John A., Clement Clay, Woodlief Thomas (my relative), Eliza Jane, Hugh Henry, Amanda Maria, and Mary Atta. They lost an infant daughter in 1822.
      Shepard and Rosina were buried in the Parks Cemetery.
      I thought that his parents were William F. and Martisha Taylor Shelton. Martisha died and William F. remarried and he and his 2nd wife moved from Pittslvania Co VA to Dickson TN and both are buried there. Many Sheltons do not believe William F. was Shepard's father. I am unable to prove that true or not.
      I would appreciate any information on the parents of Shepard Shelton.
      Thanks,
      Ruth Burnette Huffine

    • Geri
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 12, 2005
        I have Shepard in my database but no parents listed, wife Rosina, I have
        him on the 1850 and 60 census for Jackson Co., AL.

        Geri Beaver