Re: [jacksongenealogy] Hambrick Sinks - Surnames

  • Jewel Casey
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 3, 2005
      Yes, I thought I recognized your name. My book was done so long ago and so much has been found since then, it might help to refresh my memory and I will look to see if anyone has found anything that might help you.

      I was just really starting out in trying to state my facts on paper for other people to enjoy and made several errors in my judgment in stating the facts, but I have learned a lot from my own researching as other people have done I'm sure.

      So many people have helped me to find info I never dreamed of finding about my people in Jackson County, AL. I've been researching since 1972 and still learning.

      Glad to see you back into genealogy. Good luck.

      Jewel
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 16, 2005
        Mrs. Casey.......My husband's line is George White b. 1911 married Ozell Anderson b. 1917 both buried in Rice Cemetery New Market.

        another connection to the Hambrick's is my PERRY's,
        Isaac Floyd Perry was married to Martha Ann Hambrick The PERRY's were from Irving College area in Tennessee. Isaac & Martha's first born Benjamin (I imagine named for his grandfather Perry) was buried at the PERRY cemetery on Coalmine Mtn. The cemetery was on my ggrandfather's homestead. Possibly my ggrandfather Andrew J. Perry was a cousin to Isaac Floyd Perry.

        Also my ggrandmother Mattie L. Bell Pickney (Pequigney) was briefly married to John Green Hambrick. They had no children together.

        These are the connections we have with the Hambrick line. Elizabeth Mason

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 16, 2005
          Yes, my grandfather David Wesley Hambrick was married three times. His 2nd wife was Elizabeth Golden, daughter of Shadrack and Charlotte (Vicry) Golden.

          John Green Hambrick was my favorite uncle I guess other than Uncle Elic as we called him..Uncle Elic was my daddy's whole brother. Uncle John Green was of course a half brother. He was married more than once but I never knew his wives.

          I heard a lot about Aunt Martha Hambrick, but never met her. She lived up around Tracey City somewhere.

          I knew Uncle Joe Hambrick . Met him several times but never knew his kids. Did meet some of his grandkids later in life.

          Never knew Lodema Hambrick

          Editha Clementine Hambrick, heard of her and she married my grandmother's brother Pat Vann the first time. Yep that's right. Then she married Calvin Smith and settled near Tracey City, TN somewhere also.

          Mary ViolaHambrick married David Bates. She died young and he moved to Texas I think.

          I knew James Franklin Hambrick, Uncle Jim's family real well. Grew up with his grand children.

          Aunt Virginia Bell Hambrick married Robert Clinton Jones "Bob". They owned a grocery store in Princeton. Knew that family pretty well also.

          Yea, Ozell Anderson is also my cousin on my mom's side of the family. I'm spread out all over Jackson and Madison County, AL, hahahaha

          Love ya cuz
          Jewel