Re: [jacksongenealogy] Jackson Co. Ala.

  • Jim & Liz Boyd
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 16, 2000
      do you havea Robert Graham bn in Ireland married to Elizabeth
      Daughter Eliz Jane Graham
      FayettevilleTn later Madison Co Al ?
      Eliza married John Huey 1842 Fayetteville Tn Then moved to Madison Co
      Al
      Jim Boyd
      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 16, 2000
        Small world indeed Donna!

        We plan to be up there later this month. Perhaps we'll meet you then. I have
        much Morris information I can share. My Morris Brick Wall is Calvin T.
        Morris, b. abt 1831. I can't seem to get any further back on the Morris
        family than that.

        regards,
        Mary Winn Anderson
      • marywinn@aol.com
        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 16, 2000
          Hi Again Donna,

          Just wanted to let you know that Jewel is a cousin of Jim's (my husband).
          She is related through Miss Emma's husband Forrest.

          Regards,
          Mary Winn Anderson
        • J Casey
          Message 4 of 18 , Sep 16, 2000
            Yes, Jim Anderson and I are really cousins. Out grandpa's were twin
            brothers. My Grandpa was Tom H. Anderson and Jim's grandpa was John Hollis
            Anderson. So all of you Anderson's out there join in and let's really get
            the Anderson family going. By the way John and Tom were the twin sons of
            William G. and Eliza (Harding) Anderson and William G. Anderson was the son
            of Horatio and Elizabeth Anderson who settled in Jackson County, AL
            sometimes late 1840's.
            Thanks
            Jewel
            > Just wanted to let you know that Jewel is a cousin of Jim's (my husband).
            > She is related through Miss Emma's husband Forrest.
            >
            > Regards,
            > Mary Winn Anderson

          • J Casey
            Message 5 of 18 , Sep 16, 2000
              OK, give us some dates on these people and see if we can connect
              Jewel

            • Dana0333@aol.com
              Message 6 of 18 , Sep 17, 2000
                To: Mary Winn Anderson,

                I have heard Mother speek of her Uncle Cal, I belive that is BeBay's (Jean
                Morris Towlry) Daddy. She lives on the first street of this subdevision
                (Smith St.)
                When ya'll come in for a visit give me a call, and I'll try to hook You,
                BeBay, and my Mother up, and let ya'll visit etc. I'm sure Aunt Susie (Viola
                Green) will also be a good for for information.

                donna

                Message 7 of 18 , Sep 17, 2000
                  Hey Jewel,

                  My dad Howard Sanders from Holly Tree wanted me to ask you if you were a
                  Cagle?

                  donna
                • J Casey
                  Message 8 of 18 , Sep 17, 2000
                    No, Donna, I am Jewel Dean (Hambrick) Graham Casey. As I said, I was born
                    near Princeton and attended school there. My parents were Calvin M. and
                    Eliza (Anderson) Hambrick. We moved to Huntland, TN in Jan 1945 and I
                    attended school there. My parents lived on Alabama Street, Huntland till
                    they passed away, Mom in 1982 and Dad in 1984. They are buried at Clay
                    Cemetery in Princeton, AL. I'm sure you and your Dad will be able to make
                    the connections now.

                  • marywinn@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 18 , Sep 17, 2000
                      Thanks Donna, will do.
                      Regards,
                      Mary Winn
                    • Raymond Shirley
                      Message 10 of 18 , Sep 18, 2000
                        J Casey wrote:

                        > Yes, Jim Anderson and I are really cousins. Out grandpa's were twin
                        > brothers. My Grandpa was Tom H. Anderson and Jim's grandpa was John Hollis
                        > Anderson. So all of you Anderson's out there join in and let's really get
                        > the Anderson family going. By the way John and Tom were the twin sons of
                        > William G. and Eliza (Harding) Anderson and William G. Anderson was the son
                        > of Horatio and Elizabeth Anderson who settled in Jackson County, AL
                        > sometimes late 1840's.
                        > Thanks
                        > Jewel

                        I'm a great grandson of Andrew Murray Anderson, married first Ann Gailey and
                        second Bettie Bowman. Andrew was son of Robert H. Anderson married first Judith
                        Ligon and second Millissa Dunn. Any connection with your line?
                        Ray Shirley
                      • J Casey
                        Message 11 of 18 , Sep 18, 2000
                          Where did your Anderson family live?

                        • marywinn@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 18 , Sep 18, 2000
                            Hello Ray Shirley--My husband Jim Anderson's grandfather, John Hollis
                            Anderson b.1878, married Nancy Morton Bowman, b. 1882. These Bowmans were
                            from Overton County, TN. Any connections to your Bowmans?

                            I don't recognize your Andersons.

                            Regards,
                            Mary Winn Anderson