Re: [jacksongenealogy] Jackson Co. Ala.

  • vrfinley@myfamily.com
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 16, 2000
      Hey, there!!

      I am a Graham. My father, grandfather, and great grandfather were born
      in (Holly Tree) Jackson County, Alabama. We are also kin to the Eustaces,
      Cresswells, and Padgetts there. We have our Eustace line all the way
      back to the Mayflower. We've not been as lucky with the others, especially
      the Grahams. Would be so happy to get more on any of these.

      Velma Graham Finley
      vrfinley@...

      --
      vrfinley@... - email

      ---- "J Casey" <jcasey@...> wrote:

      > Hi Donna:
      > I was born near Princeton, Jackson County, Al at the foot of Putman
      > Mountain. I went to school at Princeton, a lot of my relatives are
      > from
      > there. Would be interested in Anderson, Brewer, Campbell, Fanning,
      > Dameron,
      > Graham, Hambrick, Hardin, Henshaw, Johnson, Morris, Prince, Sanders,
      > Vann
      > and White families. And I have several names I haven't mentioned.
      > Will
      > help you anyway I can and will exchange info.
      > Thanks
      > Jewel D. (Hambrick) Graham Casey-Tullahoma, TN.

      Get your own free email, set up a MyFamily site at http://www.MyFamily.com
    • Jim & Liz Boyd
      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 16, 2000
        do you havea Robert Graham bn in Ireland married to Elizabeth
        Daughter Eliz Jane Graham
        FayettevilleTn later Madison Co Al ?
        Eliza married John Huey 1842 Fayetteville Tn Then moved to Madison Co
        Al
        Jim Boyd

      • marywinn@aol.com
        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 16, 2000
          Small world indeed Donna!

          We plan to be up there later this month. Perhaps we'll meet you then. I have
          much Morris information I can share. My Morris Brick Wall is Calvin T.
          Morris, b. abt 1831. I can't seem to get any further back on the Morris
          family than that.

          regards,
          Mary Winn Anderson
        • marywinn@aol.com
          Message 4 of 18 , Sep 16, 2000
            Hi Again Donna,

            Just wanted to let you know that Jewel is a cousin of Jim's (my husband).
            She is related through Miss Emma's husband Forrest.

            Regards,
            Mary Winn Anderson
          • J Casey
            Message 5 of 18 , Sep 16, 2000
              Yes, Jim Anderson and I are really cousins. Out grandpa's were twin
              brothers. My Grandpa was Tom H. Anderson and Jim's grandpa was John Hollis
              Anderson. So all of you Anderson's out there join in and let's really get
              the Anderson family going. By the way John and Tom were the twin sons of
              William G. and Eliza (Harding) Anderson and William G. Anderson was the son
              of Horatio and Elizabeth Anderson who settled in Jackson County, AL
              sometimes late 1840's.
              Thanks
              Jewel
              > Just wanted to let you know that Jewel is a cousin of Jim's (my husband).
              > She is related through Miss Emma's husband Forrest.
              >
              > Regards,
              > Mary Winn Anderson

            • J Casey
              Message 6 of 18 , Sep 16, 2000
                OK, give us some dates on these people and see if we can connect
                Jewel

              • Dana0333@aol.com
                Message 7 of 18 , Sep 17, 2000
                  To: Mary Winn Anderson,

                  I have heard Mother speek of her Uncle Cal, I belive that is BeBay's (Jean
                  Morris Towlry) Daddy. She lives on the first street of this subdevision
                  (Smith St.)
                  When ya'll come in for a visit give me a call, and I'll try to hook You,
                  BeBay, and my Mother up, and let ya'll visit etc. I'm sure Aunt Susie (Viola
                  Green) will also be a good for for information.

                  donna

                  Message 8 of 18 , Sep 17, 2000
                    Hey Jewel,

                    My dad Howard Sanders from Holly Tree wanted me to ask you if you were a
                    Cagle?

                    donna
                  • J Casey
                    Message 9 of 18 , Sep 17, 2000
                      No, Donna, I am Jewel Dean (Hambrick) Graham Casey. As I said, I was born
                      near Princeton and attended school there. My parents were Calvin M. and
                      Eliza (Anderson) Hambrick. We moved to Huntland, TN in Jan 1945 and I
                      attended school there. My parents lived on Alabama Street, Huntland till
                      they passed away, Mom in 1982 and Dad in 1984. They are buried at Clay
                      Cemetery in Princeton, AL. I'm sure you and your Dad will be able to make
                      the connections now.

                    • marywinn@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 18 , Sep 17, 2000
                        Thanks Donna, will do.
                        Regards,
                        Mary Winn
                      • Raymond Shirley
                        Message 11 of 18 , Sep 18, 2000
                          J Casey wrote:

                          > Yes, Jim Anderson and I are really cousins. Out grandpa's were twin
                          > brothers. My Grandpa was Tom H. Anderson and Jim's grandpa was John Hollis
                          > Anderson. So all of you Anderson's out there join in and let's really get
                          > the Anderson family going. By the way John and Tom were the twin sons of
                          > William G. and Eliza (Harding) Anderson and William G. Anderson was the son
                          > of Horatio and Elizabeth Anderson who settled in Jackson County, AL
                          > sometimes late 1840's.
                          > Thanks
                          > Jewel

                          I'm a great grandson of Andrew Murray Anderson, married first Ann Gailey and
                          second Bettie Bowman. Andrew was son of Robert H. Anderson married first Judith
                          Ligon and second Millissa Dunn. Any connection with your line?
                          Ray Shirley
                        • J Casey
                          Message 12 of 18 , Sep 18, 2000
                            Where did your Anderson family live?

                          • marywinn@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 18 , Sep 18, 2000
                              Hello Ray Shirley--My husband Jim Anderson's grandfather, John Hollis
                              Anderson b.1878, married Nancy Morton Bowman, b. 1882. These Bowmans were
                              from Overton County, TN. Any connections to your Bowmans?

                              I don't recognize your Andersons.

                              Regards,
                              Mary Winn Anderson