Re: [jacksongenealogy] Jackson Co. Ala.

  • Dana0333@aol.com
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 16 12:33 PM
      to: Jewel

      Maybe we can cross paths soon, and trade some info.
      I'll work on try'n to make some copys.
      I'm easy to hunt up...<hehehee> All ya have to do is call the radio station
      in Winchester (WCDT) and I'm there 6dys a week.
      Wow...this is GREAT Ya'll ! I've never had so many "hits' on any other
      genealogy e'group as I have with ya'll.
      Thank yens alll so much!

      P.s
      Jewel, you may also be intrested to know Vannette Vann of the Western
      Cherokee Nation lives in Winchester and can be contacted at Sid's Trading
      Post and Taxidermy on the square in Winchester.
      She's been hunt'n her "eastern" kin folks.

      donna

      ==============>
      In a message dated 9/15/00 9:39:31 PM Central Daylight Time, jcasey@...
      writes:

      << ---------------------------------------------------------------------_->

      Hi Donna:
      I was born near Princeton, Jackson County, Al at the foot of Putman
      Mountain. I went to school at Princeton, a lot of my relatives are from
      there. Would be interested in Anderson, Brewer, Campbell, Fanning, Dameron,
      Graham, Hambrick, Hardin, Henshaw, Johnson, Morris, Prince, Sanders, Vann
      and White families. And I have several names I haven't mentioned. Will
      help you anyway I can and will exchange info.
      Thanks
      Jewel D. (Hambrick) Graham Casey-Tullahoma, TN.

    • Dana0333@aol.com
      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 16 12:38 PM
        Oops Jewel

        I ment Vannette is of the Vann family.
        (Vannette Turtle)

        sorry for oops.

        donna
      • vrfinley@myfamily.com
        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 16 4:09 PM
          Hey, there!!

          I am a Graham. My father, grandfather, and great grandfather were born
          in (Holly Tree) Jackson County, Alabama. We are also kin to the Eustaces,
          Cresswells, and Padgetts there. We have our Eustace line all the way
          back to the Mayflower. We've not been as lucky with the others, especially
          the Grahams. Would be so happy to get more on any of these.

          Velma Graham Finley
          vrfinley@...

          --
          vrfinley@... - email

          ---- "J Casey" <jcasey@...> wrote:

          > Hi Donna:
          > I was born near Princeton, Jackson County, Al at the foot of Putman
          > Mountain. I went to school at Princeton, a lot of my relatives are
          > from
          > there. Would be interested in Anderson, Brewer, Campbell, Fanning,
          > Dameron,
          > Graham, Hambrick, Hardin, Henshaw, Johnson, Morris, Prince, Sanders,
          > Vann
          > and White families. And I have several names I haven't mentioned.
          > Will
          > help you anyway I can and will exchange info.
          > Thanks
          > Jewel D. (Hambrick) Graham Casey-Tullahoma, TN.

          Get your own free email, set up a MyFamily site at http://www.MyFamily.com
        • Jim & Liz Boyd
          Message 4 of 18 , Sep 16 4:52 PM
            do you havea Robert Graham bn in Ireland married to Elizabeth
            Daughter Eliz Jane Graham
            FayettevilleTn later Madison Co Al ?
            Eliza married John Huey 1842 Fayetteville Tn Then moved to Madison Co
            Al
            Jim Boyd

          • marywinn@aol.com
            Message 5 of 18 , Sep 16 5:16 PM
              Small world indeed Donna!

              We plan to be up there later this month. Perhaps we'll meet you then. I have
              much Morris information I can share. My Morris Brick Wall is Calvin T.
              Morris, b. abt 1831. I can't seem to get any further back on the Morris
              family than that.

              regards,
              Mary Winn Anderson
            • marywinn@aol.com
              Message 6 of 18 , Sep 16 6:03 PM
                Hi Again Donna,

                Just wanted to let you know that Jewel is a cousin of Jim's (my husband).
                She is related through Miss Emma's husband Forrest.

                Regards,
                Mary Winn Anderson
              • J Casey
                Message 7 of 18 , Sep 16 7:57 PM
                  Yes, Jim Anderson and I are really cousins. Out grandpa's were twin
                  brothers. My Grandpa was Tom H. Anderson and Jim's grandpa was John Hollis
                  Anderson. So all of you Anderson's out there join in and let's really get
                  the Anderson family going. By the way John and Tom were the twin sons of
                  William G. and Eliza (Harding) Anderson and William G. Anderson was the son
                  of Horatio and Elizabeth Anderson who settled in Jackson County, AL
                  sometimes late 1840's.
                  Thanks
                  Jewel
                  > Just wanted to let you know that Jewel is a cousin of Jim's (my husband).
                  > She is related through Miss Emma's husband Forrest.
                  >
                  > Regards,
                  > Mary Winn Anderson

                • J Casey
                  Message 8 of 18 , Sep 16 7:58 PM
                    OK, give us some dates on these people and see if we can connect
                    Jewel

                    Message 9 of 18 , Sep 17 5:55 PM
                      To: Mary Winn Anderson,

                      I have heard Mother speek of her Uncle Cal, I belive that is BeBay's (Jean
                      Morris Towlry) Daddy. She lives on the first street of this subdevision
                      (Smith St.)
                      When ya'll come in for a visit give me a call, and I'll try to hook You,
                      BeBay, and my Mother up, and let ya'll visit etc. I'm sure Aunt Susie (Viola
                      Green) will also be a good for for information.

                      donna

                      Message 10 of 18 , Sep 17 6:18 PM
                        Hey Jewel,

                        My dad Howard Sanders from Holly Tree wanted me to ask you if you were a
                        Cagle?

                        donna
                      • J Casey
                        Message 11 of 18 , Sep 17 7:16 PM
                          No, Donna, I am Jewel Dean (Hambrick) Graham Casey. As I said, I was born
                          near Princeton and attended school there. My parents were Calvin M. and
                          Eliza (Anderson) Hambrick. We moved to Huntland, TN in Jan 1945 and I
                          attended school there. My parents lived on Alabama Street, Huntland till
                          they passed away, Mom in 1982 and Dad in 1984. They are buried at Clay
                          Cemetery in Princeton, AL. I'm sure you and your Dad will be able to make
                          the connections now.

                        • marywinn@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 18 , Sep 17 8:54 PM
                            Thanks Donna, will do.
                            Regards,
                            Mary Winn
                          • Raymond Shirley
                            Message 13 of 18 , Sep 18 11:33 AM
                              J Casey wrote:

                              > Yes, Jim Anderson and I are really cousins. Out grandpa's were twin
                              > brothers. My Grandpa was Tom H. Anderson and Jim's grandpa was John Hollis
                              > Anderson. So all of you Anderson's out there join in and let's really get
                              > the Anderson family going. By the way John and Tom were the twin sons of
                              > William G. and Eliza (Harding) Anderson and William G. Anderson was the son
                              > of Horatio and Elizabeth Anderson who settled in Jackson County, AL
                              > sometimes late 1840's.
                              > Thanks
                              > Jewel

                              I'm a great grandson of Andrew Murray Anderson, married first Ann Gailey and
                              second Bettie Bowman. Andrew was son of Robert H. Anderson married first Judith
                              Ligon and second Millissa Dunn. Any connection with your line?
                              Ray Shirley
                            • J Casey
                              Message 14 of 18 , Sep 18 1:20 PM
                                Where did your Anderson family live?

                              • marywinn@aol.com
                                Message 15 of 18 , Sep 18 2:09 PM
                                  Hello Ray Shirley--My husband Jim Anderson's grandfather, John Hollis
                                  Anderson b.1878, married Nancy Morton Bowman, b. 1882. These Bowmans were
                                  from Overton County, TN. Any connections to your Bowmans?

                                  I don't recognize your Andersons.

                                  Regards,
                                  Mary Winn Anderson