Re: [jacksongenealogy] Jackson Co. Ala.

  • J Casey
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 15, 2000
      Hi Donna:
      I was born near Princeton, Jackson County, Al at the foot of Putman
      Mountain. I went to school at Princeton, a lot of my relatives are from
      there. Would be interested in Anderson, Brewer, Campbell, Fanning, Dameron,
      Graham, Hambrick, Hardin, Henshaw, Johnson, Morris, Prince, Sanders, Vann
      and White families. And I have several names I haven't mentioned. Will
      help you anyway I can and will exchange info.
      Thanks
      Jewel D. (Hambrick) Graham Casey-Tullahoma, TN.

      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 16, 2000
        To Mary:

        Yup, Ms Emma lives down the street from me.
        (Mousie's and them's Momma)
        I am Magdalene Morris (now Sims) daughter.
        (Of the Charlie Lee & Lola Morris family.)

        Think Ms Emma's Daddy was my Papa's Uncle.

        small world....eh? <hehehee>

        donna

        ============>
        In a message dated 9/15/00 9:10:05 PM Central Daylight Time, marywinn@...
        writes:

        << ---------------------------------------------------------------------_->

        Hello Donna,

        We have Morris in our line. My mother in law (Mrs. Emma (Morris) Anderson)
        lives in Huntland on Johnson Avenue. We are in Florida.
        Regards,
        Mary Winn Anderson

      • Dana0333@aol.com
        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 16, 2000
          to: Jewel

          Maybe we can cross paths soon, and trade some info.
          I'll work on try'n to make some copys.
          I'm easy to hunt up...<hehehee> All ya have to do is call the radio station
          in Winchester (WCDT) and I'm there 6dys a week.
          Wow...this is GREAT Ya'll ! I've never had so many "hits' on any other
          genealogy e'group as I have with ya'll.
          Thank yens alll so much!

          P.s
          Jewel, you may also be intrested to know Vannette Vann of the Western
          Cherokee Nation lives in Winchester and can be contacted at Sid's Trading
          Post and Taxidermy on the square in Winchester.
          She's been hunt'n her "eastern" kin folks.

          donna

          ==============>

          << ---------------------------------------------------------------------_->

          Message 4 of 18 , Sep 16, 2000
            Oops Jewel

            I ment Vannette is of the Vann family.
            (Vannette Turtle)

            sorry for oops.

            donna
          • vrfinley@myfamily.com
            Message 5 of 18 , Sep 16, 2000
              Hey, there!!

              I am a Graham. My father, grandfather, and great grandfather were born
              in (Holly Tree) Jackson County, Alabama. We are also kin to the Eustaces,
              Cresswells, and Padgetts there. We have our Eustace line all the way
              back to the Mayflower. We've not been as lucky with the others, especially
              the Grahams. Would be so happy to get more on any of these.

              Velma Graham Finley
              vrfinley@...

              --
              vrfinley@... - email

              ---- "J Casey" <jcasey@...> wrote:

              > Hi Donna:
              > I was born near Princeton, Jackson County, Al at the foot of Putman
              > Mountain. I went to school at Princeton, a lot of my relatives are
              > from
              > there. Would be interested in Anderson, Brewer, Campbell, Fanning,
              > Dameron,
              > Graham, Hambrick, Hardin, Henshaw, Johnson, Morris, Prince, Sanders,
              > Vann
              > and White families. And I have several names I haven't mentioned.
              > Will
              > help you anyway I can and will exchange info.
              > Thanks
              > Jewel D. (Hambrick) Graham Casey-Tullahoma, TN.

              Get your own free email, set up a MyFamily site at http://www.MyFamily.com
            • Jim & Liz Boyd
              Message 6 of 18 , Sep 16, 2000
                do you havea Robert Graham bn in Ireland married to Elizabeth
                Daughter Eliz Jane Graham
                FayettevilleTn later Madison Co Al ?
                Eliza married John Huey 1842 Fayetteville Tn Then moved to Madison Co
                Al
                Jim Boyd

              • marywinn@aol.com
                Message 7 of 18 , Sep 16, 2000
                  Small world indeed Donna!

                  We plan to be up there later this month. Perhaps we'll meet you then. I have
                  much Morris information I can share. My Morris Brick Wall is Calvin T.
                  Morris, b. abt 1831. I can't seem to get any further back on the Morris
                  family than that.

                  regards,
                  Mary Winn Anderson
                • marywinn@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 18 , Sep 16, 2000
                    Hi Again Donna,

                    Just wanted to let you know that Jewel is a cousin of Jim's (my husband).
                    She is related through Miss Emma's husband Forrest.

                    Regards,
                    Mary Winn Anderson
                  • J Casey
                    Message 9 of 18 , Sep 16, 2000
                      Yes, Jim Anderson and I are really cousins. Out grandpa's were twin
                      brothers. My Grandpa was Tom H. Anderson and Jim's grandpa was John Hollis
                      Anderson. So all of you Anderson's out there join in and let's really get
                      the Anderson family going. By the way John and Tom were the twin sons of
                      William G. and Eliza (Harding) Anderson and William G. Anderson was the son
                      of Horatio and Elizabeth Anderson who settled in Jackson County, AL
                      sometimes late 1840's.
                      Thanks
                      Jewel
                      > Just wanted to let you know that Jewel is a cousin of Jim's (my husband).
                      > She is related through Miss Emma's husband Forrest.
                      >
                      > Regards,
                      > Mary Winn Anderson

                    • J Casey
                      Message 10 of 18 , Sep 16, 2000
                        OK, give us some dates on these people and see if we can connect
                        Jewel

                        Message 11 of 18 , Sep 17, 2000
                          To: Mary Winn Anderson,

                          I have heard Mother speek of her Uncle Cal, I belive that is BeBay's (Jean
                          Morris Towlry) Daddy. She lives on the first street of this subdevision
                          (Smith St.)
                          When ya'll come in for a visit give me a call, and I'll try to hook You,
                          BeBay, and my Mother up, and let ya'll visit etc. I'm sure Aunt Susie (Viola
                          Green) will also be a good for for information.

                          donna

                          Message 12 of 18 , Sep 17, 2000
                            Hey Jewel,

                            My dad Howard Sanders from Holly Tree wanted me to ask you if you were a
                            Cagle?

                            donna
                          • J Casey
                            Message 13 of 18 , Sep 17, 2000
                              No, Donna, I am Jewel Dean (Hambrick) Graham Casey. As I said, I was born
                              near Princeton and attended school there. My parents were Calvin M. and
                              Eliza (Anderson) Hambrick. We moved to Huntland, TN in Jan 1945 and I
                              attended school there. My parents lived on Alabama Street, Huntland till
                              they passed away, Mom in 1982 and Dad in 1984. They are buried at Clay
                              Cemetery in Princeton, AL. I'm sure you and your Dad will be able to make
                              the connections now.

                            • marywinn@aol.com
                              Message 14 of 18 , Sep 17, 2000
                                Thanks Donna, will do.
                                Regards,
                                Mary Winn
                              • Raymond Shirley
                                Message 15 of 18 , Sep 18, 2000
                                  J Casey wrote:

                                  > Yes, Jim Anderson and I are really cousins. Out grandpa's were twin
                                  > brothers. My Grandpa was Tom H. Anderson and Jim's grandpa was John Hollis
                                  > Anderson. So all of you Anderson's out there join in and let's really get
                                  > the Anderson family going. By the way John and Tom were the twin sons of
                                  > William G. and Eliza (Harding) Anderson and William G. Anderson was the son
                                  > of Horatio and Elizabeth Anderson who settled in Jackson County, AL
                                  > sometimes late 1840's.
                                  > Thanks
                                  > Jewel

                                  I'm a great grandson of Andrew Murray Anderson, married first Ann Gailey and
                                  second Bettie Bowman. Andrew was son of Robert H. Anderson married first Judith
                                  Ligon and second Millissa Dunn. Any connection with your line?
                                  Ray Shirley
                                • J Casey
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Sep 18, 2000
                                    Where did your Anderson family live?

                                  • marywinn@aol.com
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Sep 18, 2000
                                      Hello Ray Shirley--My husband Jim Anderson's grandfather, John Hollis
                                      Anderson b.1878, married Nancy Morton Bowman, b. 1882. These Bowmans were
                                      from Overton County, TN. Any connections to your Bowmans?

                                      I don't recognize your Andersons.

                                      Regards,
                                      Mary Winn Anderson